The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio-Active!  (Read 14835 times)

freewoman

Re: Radio-Active!
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2009, 06:16:30 pm »

Wow, Elias!  What a day you had.  That explains why Travis and Jewels were looking for you!  Despite everything you had going on there, the show was fine, though abbreviated.  And you handled the situation very professionally--commending Travis on putting together the tribute and everything.  I also felt your handling of Mike Phillips was pretty slick.  His bias was evident, and you obviously knew who he was; you didn't change your position, but let him have his say.  Well done.

Being an old coot, I'm not as sharp, mentally, as younger people, and cannot make mental notes about how the show is going as the show unfolds. I have to settle for staying focused on the conversation and delivery, so the actual quality of the show must await my discovery later when I listen to the recording.

I'm not an old coot (and neither are you, by the way!), but I am middle aged--48 now--and I can say the exact same thing.  When I was doing the one-hour show for work, I often had no idea what I was saying from one minute to the next!  I had to make quite a few notes to keep up with the person I was interviewing (it was an interview format with a few calls in) and to make the program flow.  I did get a lot of compliments on my work on the show, but it's a lot of hassle to keep your brain together.  When you have a lot of calls in to the program, it's even tougher because you often have to backtrack to work those comments into your main subject.  But rest assured, Elias, that the program came off better than you might have expected!  It was understandable and coherent, even if it didn't feel that way.

Through reading your stories about your katties here on TMM, I feel like I knew Honey Girl.  I wish I could have met her in person, but she will live on through your stories of her.  I know you were blessed to have had a few years with her, and I'm sure (from your obvious affection for her in your posts here) that she was a very blessed katty to have had you as her human.  And actually, I would think it more strange if you hadn't shed a few tears.

Thanks for the explanation on the national feed situation; that helps a lot!

Shorty--for not being able to listen to the program, you just hopped right in there quite nicely!

My condolences to the TMM Admin who lost his mom.  Most of us figure we'll lose our parents at some point--it's the natural order of things--but it doesn't make it any easier when it happens.  My thoughts will be with that individual and his/her family.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
Re: Radio-Active!
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2009, 11:01:52 am »

freewoman, thanks for the good comments about the show. Mike Philips is a local liberal statist who would use government to paint Bozeman up like a little version of Vail, Colorado - he once proposed that we get the big trucks off Main Street in Bozeman, despite the fact that Main Street in Bozeman is a U.S. highway. He thought that getting the trucks out of downtown would make things appear more pleasant for the ultra-rich to come to Bozeman from Big Sky, just south of Bozeman. ("Big Sky" is locally known as "Pig Sky", because that is where the Elite and their pals come to party.) Anyway, I'm smiling at Mike's attempt to distract from the fact that all nine Democrats on the Judiciary Committee were already locked into their votes by command of the Speaker of the House, a Democrat, and that no amount of hearing remarks by proponents of the resolution (HJ 26, by Representative Mike More) would have caused them to violate their instructions. I'll likely give him another whirl next Monday when I return to KMMS, but if time is too short, I also may not mention Mike Philips' erroneous gambit.

I appreciate your feedback on the overall way the show may have been perceived by listeners. I really do not have any cognizance of how things are going while I'm on the microphone, and must rely totally on recordings to grasp how the show may have gone. I've learned that a friend has taped that show, so I'll likely get to review it before next week's show. I am preparing notes again for next Monday's one-hour segment, which starts at 4:00 p.m. Mountain Time. More laters....

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up