The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Off With His Head"  (Read 3227 times)

Augustwest

"Off With His Head"
« on: September 02, 2004, 12:14:58 pm »

From the story referenced in Claire's Blog today:

...telling him that his neighbors had alerted them to a potentially threatening bumper sticker on his car.

Harkening back to the Self-Censorship thread, somehow this was the most bothersome part of the story to me.  :(

Mighta happened just 'cause the kid looks "different," and someone wanted to give him a hard time. But it's most saddening to read yet another instance of a "good citizen" ratting someone out for expressing himself in a perfectly legal way...

I wouldn't cry if someone rolled said good citizen around on a freshly oiled road and then through a pile of cut-up pillows...  :angry:
« Last Edit: September 02, 2004, 12:20:22 pm by Augustwest »
\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds

Tim Osman

"Off With His Head"
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 12:17:43 pm »

But it's most saddening to read yet another instance of a "good citizen" ratting someone out for expresing himself in a perfectly legal way...
Snitch alert!

It would serve them right if someone planted some crack in their car somewhere and called the DEA.  See how they like it.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
"Off With His Head"
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2004, 06:57:04 pm »

Tim Osman Posted on Sep 2 2004, 12:17 PM
It would serve them right if someone planted some crack in their car
 Or, just plant a car in their crack  :rolleyes:  
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

penguinsscareme

• Keeper of the red button
"Off With His Head"
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2004, 07:41:14 pm »

Best laugh I've had all evening
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

Sportos, motorheads, dweebies, wastoids...they think he's a righteous dude.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
"Off With His Head"
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2004, 07:59:22 pm »

Tim Osman Posted on Sep 2 2004, 12:17 PM
It would serve them right if someone planted some crack in their car
 Or, just plant a car in their crack  :rolleyes:
No matter what universe you're from, that's GOTTA hurt.....     B)  
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.

Speaker

"Off With His Head"
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2004, 01:48:34 am »

Post deleted.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 03:32:27 am by Speaker »

gunnerclark

"Off With His Head"
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 04:02:08 am »

I have my own blog and I got ahold of the kid and asked him a few questions. Here are the posts I did on the subject for your reading.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEP 01 425pm
Sticker shock?

The modern signs of our time is not the black booted thugs coming through your door, it is not subdural micro-chips, and it is not cameras in every room of your house, yet.
The signs of our time is neighbor spying upon neighbor. Doing their duty to protect G-d and country. In SLC(Salt lake city) Derek Kjar got turned in by one of his patriotic neighbors for the horrible act of having a shocking bumper sticker.

agents from the Secret Service recently paid Kjar a visit, telling him that his neighbors had alerted them to a potentially threatening bumper sticker on his car.
The sticker, which can be found on a number of Web sites, features a black-and-white likeness of Bush, a crown tilted slightly on his head. Under the image are the words "KING GEORGE - OFF WITH HIS HEAD

Kjar said two agents visited him at his job at a dry cleaning service, where they asked him about whether he had any ties to terrorist groups or enjoyed reading historical accounts of assassinations. They also asked Kjar about his friends and family, and even wanted to know how he paid his monthly rent.
The agents finally left after Kjar handed over the sticker.

Well thank G-d they disarmed him. We know how dangerous free speech is.

We now live in a society that one neighbor snitches on another to be "patriotic". This is not a society I want to live in, but it is the one we have today.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEP 01 420(the time is before the first one because of the blog layout)

KILLRADIO

The post above is about a sticker that Killradio puts out. A Los Angeles musical group described as
Killradio is an intensely political rock band with a pretty distinct style. I would best describe them musically as a cross between Anti-Flag and the (international) Noise Conspiracy. punkbands.com
I applaud their activism and desire to make people think. They even have a knowledge page with some interesting tidbits of information.
Like This:

Can you imagine working for a company that has a little more than 500 employees and has the following statistics:

29 have been accused of spousal abuse
7 have been arrested for fraud
19 have been accused of writing bad checks
117 have directly or indirectly bankrupted at least 2 businesses
3 have done time for assault
71 cannot get a credit card due to bad credit
14 have been arrested on drug-related charges
8 have been arrested for shoplifting
21 are currently defendants in lawsuits
84 have been arrested for drunk driving in the last year

Can you guess which organization this is?
Give up yet?
It's the 535 members of the United States Congress.
[/i]

The same group of Idiots that crank out hundreds of new laws each year designed to keep the rest of us in line.

You think I am to old for a Mohawk? Maybe the youth of today are not as lost as many think.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SEP 03 302 pm

Follow up to the Sticker shock story

Derek Kjar is a 19 year old who got majorly hassled because he had a sticker the secret service did not like. His story and some other information is here. I got ahold of him by email and asked him a few questions and he replied today.

Here they are.

The article said that they left only after they got the sticker. Did you feel they would not have?
-No, I don't think they would have left without the sticker, it had actually fallen out of the window and was just sitting on my back seat, but they were very very very concerned about getting it.
The article said that they asked about rent and such. Any other interesting questions worth noting?
-They asked me tons of questions, relationship with my mother, father, and sister; how long I had been living on my own; my relationship with my roommates; if I was living with my spouse or 'partner'; how we split up the bills; if I have ever, or currently have tattoos, scars, or any plastic surgery and where. He asked about my education level, if I attended a trade school, college, the military. If I had ever studied assasination, terrorism, or the president. If I had ever contacted the president, if I had ever written, called, tried to visit, or threatened the president. Where I got the graphic, why I got the graphic, why I printed and posted it in my window. If I planned on the sticker being an actual threat, blah blah blah, bullshit. Sorry, everytime I think about all of the questions I answered I wish I had a lawyer with me at the time.
The sticker looks like a killradio sticker. Is it one of theirs or another groups?
The sticker does look just like the RadioKills logo, probably because they support the "Rock Against Bush" movement. I downloaded it from the front page of www.rockagainstbush.com

Thanks again for the support. People think the only reason I am doing this is because I don't like Bush, truthfully, I don't, and I don't like Kerry that much either, but he is a hell of a lot better than Bush. There is a great website www.johnkerryisadouchebagbutimvotingforhimanyway.com
So Thank you Derek for replying to my questions.

While Derek was interviewed by the SS, here is some good advice that works for most government BOYN goons.
If they tell you they have a warrant, demand to see their identification and the warrant before permitting access, in order to be certain they are who they claim to be. Even if they do have a valid warrant, you should under no circumstances answer any of their questions until your lawyer can be present.

If you do not wish to talk to the FBI, it cannot be held against you. This is usually the wisest course of action. If you answer one question, other questions will follow, and it becomes progressively more difficult not to answer. Of course, it is a serious crime to lie or provide false information to the FBI agents
Do not worry about appearing impolite or uncooperative in declining to be questioned by the FBI. Talking freely and openly out of fear or in an effort to appear cordial is not the best way to behave in the presence of FBI agents. To the contrary, it only encourages them to delve even deeper into your personal affairs and political associations.

Do not allow them to intimidate you into agreeing to be questioned on the spot. Your decision about whether or not to talk to them is one you should be able to make free of pressure, after you have thoroughly analyzed the situation in consultation with your lawyer.

If you do not wish to talk to the FBI, simply tell them you have nothing to say to them, and send them on their way.
Even if you have agreed to be interviewed, you are not required to answer every question. If you do not wish to respond to a particular question, simply tell them that you have nothing to say on that subject. You might also want to ask your lawyer to write a letter to the FBI requesting, in advance, a written copy of the questions which are to be asked by the FBI interviewers.
In today's society you must remember that the government is not your friend first anymore.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So the sticker is a rock your vote sticker, and the secret service most likely got called bacause he was "punk'ish" looking in a WASP neighborhood.

Thunder

• Go away, boy! Ya bother me! -Foghorn Leghorn
"Off With His Head"
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 09:31:00 pm »

On a similar vein, I made a magnet for my girlfriend of a Gadsden flag that she put on her car.  One day, she was pulled over for speeding.  The officer that stopped her, for some odd reason, felt he needed backup.  She soon had 2 cars and an officer on either side of her vehicle.  Not exactly SOP for a speeding ticket.  We wonder if the magnet had something to do with it.

On a side note, a couple weeks later, someone stole the magnet from her vehicle.  We can only assume that it was someone that desperately needed it more than she.  :blink:

Thunder
Thunder[/color][/font]

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Wars will cease when people start loving their children more than they love the government.

People use the term 'chaos' only when they can't see far enough to view the big picture.   -Deepak Chopra

There are no illegal guns, only illegal gun laws.

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
"Off With His Head"
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2004, 02:02:45 am »

<Grin> You will be pleased to know, I suppose, that we flew a Gadsen flag at our AW Ban deathwatch tonight. And the flag was brought by a state rep who sits on one of the committees that oversees the state police. Somehow I do not think persecution of cars with Gadsen flags is gonna go over well in these parts.  
from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.

Occupant No-name

"Off With His Head"
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2004, 09:13:18 am »

I quit putting bumpstickers, decals and the like on my vehicles long ago. It just attracts unwelcome attention from the cops and like minded busibodies. Spoils the resale value of the car/truck as well.  &lt;_&lt;  

Bear

• Curious Bear
"Off With His Head"
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2004, 01:28:38 pm »

How about a bumper sticker that just says: "DANGEROUS BUMPERSTICKER: booga booga!"

Just to see what kind of comments it generates. :o

Bear
« Last Edit: September 30, 2004, 01:29:31 pm by Bear »
"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

Occupant No-name

"Off With His Head"
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2004, 01:37:38 pm »

How about a bumper sticker that just says: "DANGEROUS BUMPERSTICKER: booga booga!"

Just to see what kind of comments it generates. :o

Bear
 :lol:  
Pages: [1]   Go Up