The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zombie movie with Survivalist possibilities  (Read 2733 times)

JJ

• Old JBT
Zombie movie with Survivalist possibilities
« on: October 22, 2008, 11:59:46 pm »

Folks,

I know - zombie movies are a bit off the beaten path for MMF, but if you've read the WW Z book you'll see the post TEOTWAWKI possibilities in this one. Of course, Gollywood is likely to screw it up, but ya never know. At least Max Brooks the author is still in the process and they got J. Michael Straczynski to do the screenplay.... a little bit of escapism never hurts.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0816711/

JJ

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Re: Zombie movie with Survivalist possibilities
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2008, 08:12:32 am »

Thanks, J.J.! I had never heard of WWZ until you posted, but I just reserved that and Brooks' Zombie Survival Guide at the library.

You're prolly right that Hollywood will muck it up. Ever seen a zombie movie that was not perfectly awful? (Except, of course,ones that become good because they set out to be intentionally awful, like Shaun of the Dead and Grindhouse: Planet Terror.)

But there's always a chance, just as there's always the chance of an honest politician.  :laugh:

Claire
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

JJ

• Old JBT
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 08:00:35 pm »

Enjoy!  The author did a really good job in the book...made it all seem plausible enough to "suspend disbelief" and still create really unforgetable images. The Survival Manual is campy as only zombie stuff can be.

JJ

dogsledder54

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2008, 09:29:24 pm »

Ever seen a zombie movie that was not perfectly awful?

Fido. :laugh:

velojym

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2008, 09:32:56 pm »

Ever seen a zombie movie that was not perfectly awful?

Fido. :laugh:

That one was, dare I say it... cute.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2008, 09:57:21 pm »

That one was, dare I say it... cute.

Ain't that the truth! The world's only adorable zombie movie. Night of the Living Dead meets Peyton Place meets Lassie.

Claire
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi
Pages: [1]   Go Up