The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Too Cool Not To Do  (Read 4527 times)

iloilo

Myrkul

Re: Too Cool Not To Do
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 12:26:30 am »

For those of you on Dial-up.... almost a full minute of infuriating almost-starts, followed by 30 seconds of the most awesome footage I've seen all week (and that includes the dancing hexapodal robot with the glowing red eyes)

I've always wanted to make a wingsuit that didn't need a parachute at the end... you just hop out of the plane or off the mountain, and when you get near the ground, pull up a little to reduce speed, make maybe a running landing, and walk away. (Sadly, that would probably result in your torso continuing on while your limbs stop. :( )
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do." -Robert A. Heinlein
"If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner, and wink your eye at some homely girl." -H. L. Menken

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2008, 10:05:19 am »

Shazam! And the place they chose to fly from ... man, either the suit works or you die! And you could see the guy's fear in his every move before he leaped.

I don't think I'll be doing that any time soon, but it was definitely amazing.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Peregrin

• Fool for Christ.
  • Stuff and nonsense.
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2008, 09:33:32 am »

Uhhhhh...I think I'll pass! :thrshocker:
Peregrin

If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.  --John 8:36

O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is...  --Psalm 63:1

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2008, 11:35:03 am »

For those of you on Dial-up.... almost a full minute of infuriating almost-starts, followed by 30 seconds of the most awesome footage I've seen all week (and that includes the dancing hexapodal robot with the glowing red eyes)
<snip>

Pretty amazing ....

I've done some fairly daring things in my short life but jumping off of a mountain was never even in the top 100 on my list.
[Although now that I think back on it setting sail across the north Atlantic in November on a 42 foot sailboat with only two beginners as crew was sorta foolish ....  :ph34r:  ]

I've never been offered to or tempted to try parachuting either. Probably just as well ....

" ... the dancing hexapodal robot with the glowing red eyes"
Sheesh  ....  I miss all the good stuff being on dial-up ....   :rolleyes:
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: [1]   Go Up