The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 548   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do today to prepare?  (Read 1309487 times)

Baked at 420

• Resident AntiFa
Re: What did you do today to prepare?
« Reply #7605 on: April 24, 2016, 10:17:12 am »

Got my first haircut since feb 3, 2015. Hair was getting in my eyes when dry fire practice.

You remember the date you last got a haircut?!?  Good grief... I barely remember what I did yesterday.

Haha, it's such a rare thing. Living hand to mouth, can't really afford to get it cut all year, just in the spring when there is a little surplus. Also, the change is drastic, from shoulder length to high and tight. So I remember the events.
“If I survive, I will  spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that no one is denied bread  and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not  bring flour.” ~Jose Marti

“Write in such a way as  that you can be readily understood by both the young and the old, by men  as well as women, even by children.” ~Ho Chi Minh

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #7606 on: April 24, 2016, 10:22:59 am »

I cut my hair every three or four months, when it starts to bug me. $20 Wal-Mart clippers, 1/2" comb, run over head until no more hair comes off.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

DiabloLoco

« Reply #7607 on: April 24, 2016, 10:35:16 am »

I cut my hair every three or four months, when it starts to bug me. $20 Wal-Mart clippers, 1/2" comb, run over head until no more hair comes off.
Same here, except I use 1/4". Classic "buzz-cut". Never need to comb it. Jump out of the shower and go. :mellow:

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #7608 on: April 24, 2016, 01:36:34 pm »

Yep, some anarchists can look very conservative...  Did my 1/4ly check on my bugout bags, mainly as a reminder of what was there and partially as a shelf life check on some items.  Picked up more rubbing alcohol, h. peroxide and other bulk first aid stuff in lieu of an empty ammo shelf...

A thought I had a while back but may not have mentioned.  If you are on a strict prepping budget, you prepbuckc might be stretched better buying something in place of the ammo and you do some learning in the cheaper skill.  If your ammo is critical low-yes you may want to pay the price premium, but there are less fun preps that may also be lagging.  Spending Prepbucksc on the lagging item might be a good idea.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 01:43:07 pm by Rarick »
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Cherokee

« Reply #7609 on: April 24, 2016, 08:10:32 pm »

I taught a nine hour class on Land Navigation. Now, others are better prepared.

DiabloLoco

« Reply #7610 on: April 24, 2016, 08:28:45 pm »

I taught a nine hour class on Land Navigation. Now, others are better prepared.
That's really cool. That would be an awesome class to take. I wish that I lived closer to some of the members here. Not for them to live near me though. Stay out of "the VAMPIRE state"! :ph34r:

« Last Edit: April 24, 2016, 08:30:48 pm by DiabloLoco »

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
  • A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #7611 on: April 25, 2016, 09:32:53 am »

My last haircut was somewhere in late 2013.  I control it in a pony tail more often than not. It seems to have decided a bit onto my shoulders is as far as it wants to grow.

Odd, when you think about it, the assumption that your body growing hair is a mistake of nature, or whoever your creator is. We don't cut off fingers, ears or toes, but figure cutting hair makes no difference; that we lose nothing in the process.

A number of cultures throughout history have thought otherwise. Hair was strength, intuition, connection to the cosmos, fighting ability ... Cutting off the defeated enemy's hair was practiced by numerous conquering armies to insure rebellion or a return match would fail.

I am not so convinced that I will go on a sales campaign for letting it grow, but do suggest you consider it.

Here are a couple of relevant anecdotes: http://www.idaholiberty.com/2013/11/08/hair/
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

heyoka

• flunked out of Freedom University
« Reply #7612 on: April 25, 2016, 09:45:53 am »

For the last few years, I'd been buzzing my head on Patriot's Day
skipped it this go round

Almost cut my hair
Happened just the other day
It's gettin' kind of long
I could've said it was in my way

But I didn't and I wonder why
I feel like letting my freak flag fly
And I feel like I owe it, to someone, yeah

CSN............&Y (sometimes)
or maybe just C
Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedies. - Groucho Marx

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #7613 on: April 25, 2016, 10:01:09 am »

Odd, when you think about it, the assumption that your body growing hair is a mistake of nature, or whoever your creator is. We don't cut off fingers, ears or toes,

Good grief. Hair grows back... much too fast in my case. It's a matter of convenience, just as with clothing. Even though I wasn't created with clothing, I'm extremely grateful to wear stuff for a great many reasons. 20 below zero comes to mind. LOL

Each to his/her own. If your hair is important to you, for whatever reason, more power to you. I despise having long hair, so I'll cut mine as often as I feel the need. I won't even go into "beauty parlors," however, and often am reduced to cutting my own hair. Not fancy, but it gets the damned stuff out of my eyes and off my neck. :)
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Baked at 420

• Resident AntiFa
« Reply #7614 on: April 25, 2016, 10:38:46 am »

Scored US Army Manual on Mountaineering.

“If I survive, I will  spend my whole life at the oven door seeing that no one is denied bread  and, so as to give a lesson of charity, especially those who did not  bring flour.” ~Jose Marti

“Write in such a way as  that you can be readily understood by both the young and the old, by men  as well as women, even by children.” ~Ho Chi Minh

kirgi07

• Moderator Group
  • Acting as a Curmudgeon unless otherwise specified.
« Reply #7615 on: April 25, 2016, 11:55:36 am »

My last haircut was somewhere in late 2013.  I control it in a pony tail more often than not. It seems to have decided a bit onto my shoulders is as far as it wants to grow.

Odd, when you think about it, the assumption that your body growing hair is a mistake of nature, or whoever your creator is. We don't cut off fingers, ears or toes, but figure cutting hair makes no difference; that we lose nothing in the process.

A number of cultures throughout history have thought otherwise. Hair was strength, intuition, connection to the cosmos, fighting ability ... Cutting off the defeated enemy's hair was practiced by numerous conquering armies to insure rebellion or a return match would fail.

I am not so convinced that I will go on a sales campaign for letting it grow, but do suggest you consider it.

Here are a couple of relevant anecdotes: http://www.idaholiberty.com/2013/11/08/hair/

I fought with myself over this post,gorilla glue makes some nice stuff. Ought 7.

If you look like food you will be EATEN.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #7616 on: April 25, 2016, 01:20:33 pm »

I wore my hair long for years, until I realized that I was doing it primarily because my dad didn't like it that way. Then I started cutting it short to save myself the grief of maintenance and annoyance.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Baked at 420

• Resident AntiFa
« Reply #7617 on: April 25, 2016, 01:39:11 pm »

I wore my hair long for years, until I realized that I was doing it primarily because my dad didn't like it that way. Then I started cutting it short to save myself the grief of maintenance and annoyance.

Mine is really fine. It forms a polish plait if I don't brush it out more than once a day.

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
« Reply #7618 on: April 25, 2016, 05:58:21 pm »

I wear my hair long because combing it and washing it regularly is less of a hassle to me than going to the barber and having somebody else touching me. 

My last haircut was....carry the one....August of 1995.  Couldn't tell you the exact date, but it was shortly before school started, which means "August", and the year I started 8th grade, which means 1995.
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

DiabloLoco

« Reply #7619 on: April 25, 2016, 06:51:09 pm »

I wear my hair long because combing it and washing it regularly is less of a hassle to me than going to the barber and having somebody else touching me. 

My last haircut was....carry the one....August of 1995.  Couldn't tell you the exact date, but it was shortly before school started, which means "August", and the year I started 8th grade, which means 1995.

Heh. That makes us fairly close in age.
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 548   Go Up