The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you do today to prepare?  (Read 604739 times)

Who...me?

Re: What did you do today to prepare?
« Reply #8130 on: April 11, 2018, 03:08:20 pm »

A portion of scrambled eggs.  And I get jumbo eggs.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
  • A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #8131 on: April 12, 2018, 07:19:05 pm »

Today we tested our deployable repeater and radios under winter conditions at the nearby mountain top.  While we have noted and initiated a few more refinements, the radio cadre in our area can support two-way radio communication over 25+ mile area on short notice. I was sure glad my Suburban was still wearing its winter shoes... medium-to-heavy snow falling throughout the test and roads that scared off my Toyota AWD partner.  From 5,000 feet where 2WD got dicey to 7,800 I was comfortably locked in 4-wheel-drive. 

I have begun the process of swapping our vehicles to summer shoes, but am fortunately slow this year.  This was a reminder to keep the most serious one on snow tires a bit longer than the rest.

Rather conservative trends analyst Gerald Celente has sent two serious warnings about the war drums beating around Syria. The war hawk fringe lunatics running USA, Britain, France, Germany are promising to start nuclear WWIII based on their collection of false flags and blatant lies.   Russian and Chinese leaders are requesting a change of heart, but promising to destroy the missiles AND THEIR LAUNCHING PLATFORMS when the idiots attack.

What response do you suppose the psychopaths will have?
The expected counter-response?
... and so on...

By the way, Gerald is in very good company.  A LOT of non-mainstream researchers, analysts and watchers are saying the same thing.

ARE YOU PREPARED?
If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #8132 on: April 13, 2018, 12:02:07 pm »

These war drums are starting to hurt my ears.  Most of the morons in DC don't realize that if we kick the bear and a nuke war touches off, the entire planet becomes uninhabitable.  Morons...
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Who...me?

« Reply #8133 on: April 13, 2018, 03:06:23 pm »

They are probably itching to hit the reset button and hide in their bunkers til its all over.

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #8134 on: April 13, 2018, 09:51:42 pm »

We made some shopping runs today as if the psychopaths would start world war any moment now.  Not happily, though.

Turns out they took serious steps in that direction.  Sigh.  I so want my preps to be useless.

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #8135 on: April 16, 2018, 07:51:42 am »

We made some shopping runs today as if the psychopaths would start world war any moment now.  Not happily, though.

Turns out they took serious steps in that direction.  Sigh.  I so want my preps to be useless.

Amen to that...

If they could hold off the nuke bomb lobbing until I have this years harvest all preserved that would be much appreciated.

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #8136 on: April 16, 2018, 10:29:35 pm »

Apparently 30 of the 103 missiles fired at Syrian targets made it through the air defense systems.  The Russians were forewarned about targeting.  The psychopaths avoided triggering the promised response "if any Russian citizens were killed". 

Blowing up other targets somehow saves face for the tweetie bird... at least among the brain-dead war hawks.  Supposedly they blew up chemical weapons plants without releasing any chemicals.  Amazing munitions these guys have, eh?

The stories their fan base believes... sigh.

I roasted some green beans into coffee today, and harvested greens as the snow fell outside my greenhouse windows.  Got mulch spread yesterday.  Root and bub crops going in outside in the next few days.

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #8137 on: April 17, 2018, 06:47:18 am »

Got pepper seeds started.  Am sitting by the window, waiting for the #$&(%* weather to warm up.

Prepped another dozen eggs for the freezer.  My wife calculated we'll need 16-20 dozen eggs to make it through the winter when the birds slow waaaay down on laying.  We happily collected ten eggs yesterday!  Girls keeping busy.

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #8138 on: April 18, 2018, 07:14:21 pm »

Apparently none of us remembered to collect eggs yesterday.  Our 6 hens gave me 11 eggs today. I am dazzled, and pleased with their performance.

However, Mrs Sailor loves eggs for breakfast. We eat as fast as those girls produce.  If I'm to be putting any extras by, more birds are required.

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #8139 on: April 19, 2018, 07:41:23 am »

Apparently none of us remembered to collect eggs yesterday.  Our 6 hens gave me 11 eggs today. I am dazzled, and pleased with their performance.

However, Mrs Sailor loves eggs for breakfast. We eat as fast as those girls produce.  If I'm to be putting any extras by, more birds are required.
Hens giving 2 eggs a day!   :laugh:

We probably go through 12-18 a week.  Our 11 hens are keeping us well stocked.  Even our 4-year old hen is giving us an egg every 3 days.  Kids love the old girl so she may never go to the stew pot...

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #8140 on: April 19, 2018, 11:28:24 pm »

No, no, no 11 eggs in two days ... 5.5 eggs per day from 6 hens.

I picked up 3 4-drawer filing cabinets for $50 ... had to drive an hour each way to do it, but they will make great storage for electronic, radio, hardware, music books ... maybe even some files.

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #8141 on: April 20, 2018, 07:13:58 pm »

I just realized that metal file cabinets in a corner of the basement under a metal-roofed house will not qualify as a Farady Cage, but will be pretty dang EMP resistant. Storing my backup radios and electronic gear down there is a significant step up from on shelves in the main floor of the house.  I think I will be consolidating my electronic storage in that area.

Today was absolutely gorgeous outside. I headed out to plant asparagus and blueberries, but took a major side trip pruning the overgrown creekside shrubbery.  It is a ton better looking, and now gives me plenty of asparagus' natural habitat to bury my roots in ... tomorrow.

The blueberry planting took its own side trip, cutting the pine boughs off some down trees, separating the branches out and tossing the greens in the area my blueberries will be growing. I stopped doing that to get the plants in the ground, but need to get a good mat of pine needles all around their habitat. 

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #8142 on: April 23, 2018, 12:03:44 pm »

Busy weekend: Put 50 strawberry plants in the ground.  Also prepped a couple more garden beds and my son helped me produce another few hundred pounds of wood chips for the walking paths.  Dropped into bed exhausted each night...

Our two-dozen meat birds are growing quickly.  Nearly completely feathered and then we move them outside into their own coop.  Will be nice as the garage is starting to smell like a farm!

Who...me?

« Reply #8143 on: April 25, 2018, 03:10:12 am »

Lol you do know that one strawberry plant quickly turns into 50 strawberry plants, right?

In the exponential math unique to strawberry plants, 50 turns into...um...carry the 3 and divide by 14,235,614 then...no that's not right...um...a LOT of strawberry plants.

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
« Reply #8144 on: April 25, 2018, 11:01:03 pm »

Too many strawberry plants is a problem I would happily deal with.

Today I picked up 7 Americauna chicks for $20 from an acquaintance.  They prefer these birds because their winter laying pattern is stronger than other breeds.  I was not so technically inspired.  I like the colored eggs. Period. 

The chicks I got today will end up being 4-5 good hens and two or three meat birds of modest quality.

Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544   Go Up