The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Farewell to Lady-Dog  (Read 5919 times)

Who...me?

Re: Farewell to Lady-Dog
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2009, 08:45:20 pm »

We had to put down our German Shepard that i got as puppy for free as his daddy was an Amish farm dog. Since they don't do the AKC registry thing the pups could not be sold as such. So because I was in the right place at the right time he was given to me. At the time I was a single man working as a bouncer so I was not home for most of the night. Rommel (King of the Dorks) became my best friend, one of my children and protector of the castle. He was about 5 when I married and my new wife was a closet dog hater. I think she thought that I would be willing to get rid of him in deference to her. Within two years he had betrayed me and become a total mommas boy. This also turned my wife into a dog lover to the extreme. When we had to put him down (he was 12 1/2) it was the hardest thing I had ever done. I would have taken  bullet not to have had to lose him. My wife (the dog hater) bawled for weeks. It has been 2 yrs since then and we still can be turned into crying messes with the right prompting. Like the original post. My wife is in the other room crying right now. She heard me sniffling and came to see what was wrong.

Anyway you have my most profound sympathy and are in our prayers.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up