The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Radio Interview with James Wesley, Rawles  (Read 13678 times)

jai_mann

Re: Radio Interview with James Wesley, Rawles
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 10:51:03 pm »

Most people will hide their fear by making jokes at someone.  I know I get funny looks when I talk to people about being prepared and what can happen.   
How does that old saying go "Don't cast your pearls before swine"

It's funny that people invest for retirement (which may never come) and they buy car insurance, house insurance, life insurance and insurance for their businesses which they may never use, but look at you like you have three eyes if they find out your a prepper.

That's exactly right. I've let my car insurance slide a few days ago and I won't be renewing it until I hunt for a job that requires it (what kind of bullshit is that? They require it to work for them because you will be traveling in it yet they assume you are required to have your personal vehicle insured just as if it was a commercial carrier..). There's no sense. I hardly drive any where and when I do I'm super defensive. I'd rather have that insurance money in the mean time to potentially drop on more food/ammo/supplies rather than pay into something that I will statistically never see again. I know I shouldn't, but I absolutely loathe these morons. I'm a humble guy and I don't wave around my accomplishments in my family or peers faces. I get po'd when my folks would go around full of pride talking about what I was doing. And now that I try to warn them about preparedness, real socio-politics, 9/11 and the like - I'm just a nut. They, like most average people, are too glued to the TV/radio/favorite glamor mouthpiece. I'll be sad if bad things happen to family and friends but some people only learn the hard way...

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 11:42:50 pm »

Most people will hide their fear by making jokes at someone.  I know I get funny looks when I talk to people about being prepared and what can happen.   
How does that old saying go "Don't cast your pearls before swine"
BUT don't forget to add the second sentence to that proverb.
"Cast not thy Pearls before swine .... Lest they turn and rend thee."
It's funny that people invest for retirement (which may never come) and they buy car insurance, house insurance, life insurance and insurance for their businesses which they may never use, but look at you like you have three eyes if they find out your a prepper.

Envy usually requires that anyone who is not in the same "race" for the "brass ring" that they are in must be the one who is "Wrong".

Surely you don't mean that I Might be Wrong and have wasted all of these years on a fruitless rat-race for these rotten sour grapes ? For crying out loud look here ... I have a new Hummer, a 60 inch flat screen and the newest electronic gizmo's made. I'm Cool . You're the one that's wrong.  right ?

edit to correct the proverb
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:10:59 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Nomads2

• "Not all who wander are lost." JRR Tolkien
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:39 am »

Hmmmmm.........M&M's as the ultimate barter item?  They might be onto something there!  ^_^
Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies, The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.    — C.S. Lewis

incognito91564

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2009, 05:38:57 pm »

Hmmm... they must have cut the interview short and reposted it because the last thing I heard was the comment about "canabalism".  What retards.  Yeah, let's not be prepared in case we loose our jobs.  Let's not be prepared in case the dollar looses it's value.  Yeah, let's not be prepared and then when you DO loose your job and/or the dollar DOES collapse you can look around and say ... Gee .. I guess that Rawles guy was right.

I talk to people off and on about what's going on.  Being a truck driver, most of the people we talk to about this type of thing are other truck drivers.  Now I dunno what's going on, but maybe truck drivers have a better bead on what's happening than "regular" folk cuz most of the ones we talk to (other truck drivers) agree with us and see what's going on.  Maybe it's cuz we don't sit around all the time with our noses stuck in the tele watching "American Idol" or some other dumb reality show.
For good or ill, your conversation is your advertisement. Every time you open your mouth, you let the world look into your mind. - Bruce Barton

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #19 on: July 28, 2009, 11:56:11 pm »

Hmmm... they must have cut the interview short and reposted it because the last thing I heard was the comment about "canabalism".  What retards.  Yeah, let's not be prepared in case we loose our jobs.  Let's not be prepared in case the dollar looses it's value.  Yeah, let's not be prepared and then when you DO loose your job and/or the dollar DOES collapse you can look around and say ... Gee .. I guess that Rawles guy was right.

I talk to people off and on about what's going on.  Being a truck driver, most of the people we talk to about this type of thing are other truck drivers.  Now I dunno what's going on, but maybe truck drivers have a better bead on what's happening than "regular" folk cuz most of the ones we talk to (other truck drivers) agree with us and see what's going on. Maybe it's cuz we don't sit around all the time with our noses stuck in the tele watching "American Idol" or some other dumb reality show.

Bingo !    We have a Winner.

You hit the nail exactly on the head incognito.
Most of the population as soon as they get home from "making the donuts" or "putting up with those jerks at work" run straight for the TV and get back to their "Real Life". Where they don't have to TRY to do anything they are automatically "part of the family" let in on the jokes and made to feel superior all while having their ability to think independently smothered in sick sadistic humor or made to feel like combat hardened Seal Team members while sitting in an overstuffed recliner filling their overweight selves with yet more empty calories.
It would be funny if it were not so very sad.  Sad and dangerous.
And most have No Clue at all.
Most, in fact, will fight you to keep those sick addictions rather than get up, get outdoors and get back in shape.

You want me to Think ?   Is that Legal ?   I ... I can't ...."Lost" is coming on in ten minutes.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 11:58:42 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Mad Wet Hen

« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2009, 11:29:17 am »

It hurts that I will most likely have to take care of some of my children and stepchildren that think they don't need any help right now and that they can take care of themselves without stocking up on food that will last without electricity. My stepson said last night that he is going to get him some high powered guns if he gets this job he has applied for and when he gets enough money to buy them. From where I sit he will not have the money anytime soon. He just became a daddy and kids are expensive when you have to have the newest and best of everything for them. BTW he has a little girl. She was born 7 days ago. I keep telling him it would be best if he would at least get some long term food and store it here that way when the SHTF he will have food. He lives in the city and likes it there. Where he lives is not a good area either. WTSHTF you can bet that a lot of people will know he has some food and will be at his door. Living in an apartment complex for low income families everyone their makes sure they know as much as they can about what everyone there has. Well he is young and dumb but it will wind up costing his dad and I a lot he is lazy. Good thing one of my daughters has a good head on her shoulders she has moved out here and is stocking up that way her children an her will be ok.  I just wish that my other daughter would stop rolling her eyes at me and saying that she is in the army she don't have to worry. She has not thought about her son.
I have GOD and GUTS one thing left to go.
God protect my little girl soldier as she does what she thinks is right. Keep her safe in the monthes to come as she prepares to go over seas at the will of teptb please make sure that he that sends them odes his part by making sure they have all the equipment and food they need. AMEN.

SoundTheBell

« Reply #21 on: July 30, 2009, 11:53:57 am »

My Mom is a voracious reader. Like me, she can go through a book in one night if she wants to. I gave her Atlas Shrugged for her birthday the first week of July. She's only halfway through it. She keeps promising to read Patriots, after she's done with Atlas.
My Dad, who is the slowest reader I know, ripped through Patriots in about 5 days. For him, that's light-speed.
We'll be discussing stuff about what's coming, and prepping, and she'll be asking us questions, and in answer to the question I'll pick up Patriots and set it in front of her. She rolls her eyes and says "I AM gonna read that, I want to finish Atlas Shrugged first!"

Why hasn't she finished Atlas Shrugged, when she's a bonafide speed-reader?
Because as soon as she gets home from work and eats a quick dinner she HAS to go sit in front of her computer for 3 hours and watch her recorded "stories" (soap operas).  Once she's done watching those, she goes to bed.

I got angry at her this weekend and said you know, you could READ instead of watching those stories, and then we wouldn't have to be waiting for you to catch up. And she rolled her eyes at me and said I WANT to watch my stories. I don't want to miss anything.

I could've cried.
She and my grandma used to make me sit and watch the stories when I was a kid (so they wouldn't have to divert their attention and keep an eye on where I might be and what I might be doing). I haven't watched them in over 20 years. I stood and watched the Young and the Restless for about 3 minutes the other day while I was trying to talk to her about something... guess what? Not a damn thing has changed other than some hair going grey and some massive botox injections.  Same characters, same actors/actresses playing the characters, everyone's still doing the same dumb crap they did 20 years ago. What's there to miss?

It just drives me crazy.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up