The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Welcome To The Oath-Keepers Temporary Forum at TMM  (Read 55954 times)

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
Re: Welcome To The Oath-Keepers Temporary Forum at TMM
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2009, 08:16:06 am »

Well said. If I may, I would like throw out a thought for soldiers, police and anyone else that may enable through force of arms what we all think is going to happen. One day when you aren't of any use to them, if you live that long, you will be the ones getting the shaft by your masters. You don't think that anything you are told or promised by them can be trusted...do you? Do you trust anybody that you know is a liar? I know folks that if thy told me the sky was blue I would walk outside to check. Don't trust them. Think it through, if they have proven to be untrustworthy then YOU CAN'T TRUST THEM!

One day you will be on the other side of the fence.

This reminds me of an amusing story of one of the first times the Army lied to me...

I was in the reception station before my basic training company was formed.  Our heads were shaved, but we hadn't got our new uniforms yet - just wearing PTs we were forced to buy at the PX. 

They announced to everyone that they have a pill for us "that will kill any viruses you might have."  I thought, "Gee, the Army has the cure for the common cold, I never heard about it on the news, and they are passing it out to basic trainees!"  BS alarm goes off, of course.  They then explained that they can't give this to the females until they get the results of their pregnancy tests.  Hmmm...  At the time, I hadn't figured out what it was, but I knew I was being lied to.  So I just pretended to take it as I took my turn at the drinking fountain to swallow the miracle mystery pill.

The next morning, we found out what it was.  One guy comes out of the latrine and said, "I think I know what those pills was.  I been thinkin about my girl...  and I mean I been TRYIN."  Talk spreads throughout the open bay barracks.  ONE guy still had his morning missle, and was proudly displaying it like a tent in his gray PT shorts.  His nickname for the rest of basic training was "Boner."

I was glad for this experience.  It told me very early on that the Army would not hesitate to LIE to me.  And that they would do things like give me medicines without me knowing what it was or having proper medical supervision.  Is it any wonder that FedGov denies responsibility for Gulf War Syndrome when they were giving troops experimental medicines during the war?  My little story is harmless and amusing.  A lot of other peoples' stories are not amusing at all.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2009, 10:52:37 am »

Well if I am on a LIST then I will ware it with PRIDE(My colors don't run)!
I have A FEW GOOD MEN that will avenge my stand if need be and they(AND I) are not your run of the mill swat teams(We play HARD)God help the ones that would do us harm for speaking out to WHAT IS RIGHT.
I and my MEN WILL STAND by our Oath and hold accountable the ones that DON'T(NUF SAID)

Yep
Only I don't own any men that I can control.

Look around here mgundoc.
You are among friends here.
Nobody here is making lists and all of us are already on most of the lists that FedGov is making.

We are grateful for your taking the time to post a testimonial and supporting the effort to stop the Professional Politicians from turning our Republic into complete Fascism.
We feel exactly the same as you do and some of us are seriously old timers. [Vietnam era old timers. I was in from '66 to '69.]
None of these colors run either.
You don't need to "sound off" to us.
BUT if it makes you feel better .... have at it.

They say that riding a bike never goes away after you get it figured out .... well  .... you and I both know that good marksmanship is another of those "permanent" skills in life.
Even a 70 year old man [or woman] can hit 4 M.O.A. at 600 yards IF they practice regularly.

Here's to doing our part to make the Washington Ne'er-do-wells sit up and do right.  :occasion14:
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

BJ

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2009, 02:45:48 pm »

Hi Elias,
Thanks for your reply.  Let me clarify.  I, as a caller to the show, brought up the H.R. 1388 for discussion just because it was currently being revised in the Senate that morning.  The positive point of the show was the reaction of listeners in contacting their representatives to get more information about this resolution.  My intention in calling the show yesterday was to point out the inclusion of mandatory language in the resolution for volunteerism.  My hope was that others would call Washington, and they did

In terms of the host becoming emotional during the show --  the general tone of the discussion about tyranny in government was upsetting.  Many callers were offering different points of view about this, the Patriot Act, all sorts of things beyond talk of the resolution.  The discussion shifted to talk of general tyranny when I made a comment that this is not an issue between conservatives vs. liberals, democrats vs. republicans, but rather liberty vs. tyranny.  And also, nobody said that H.R. 1388 contained language to change the oath. 

I brought up the information I'd read in the prison planet article about the possible communication between Gen. Cartwright's office and the white house during the discussion on tyranny.  After further checking I concur with you that it is not factual information.   But, the buck stops here.  I'm the one who brought it up as others were talking about examples of tyranny from history.  As far as a retraction from the station, it was a caller who brought it up (me), not the station or it's host.  I hope this misstep did not cause problems or confusion and I have learned an important lesson.  In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, trust but verify.  I have relayed this information to the host as well and offered my apology there.  I got caught up in my passion for the issue that morning and should have stuck with my original intention for calling, which was to talk about H.R. 1388.

Jim
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 08:34:41 pm by BJ »

infantryguru

« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2009, 06:28:08 pm »

Received the link to oath-keepers from a friend of mine who is a missionary in China a few days ago.  Finally got time to sit down and check it out and was thrilled to read that so many out there feel the same as I do and are willing to proclaim it and stand behind it.  I was proud to become a member and have been spreading the word to friend, family, and fellow soldiers.  Thanks for such a great sight.

Moozle

« Reply #19 on: March 27, 2009, 01:41:19 am »

The last act of an worthy man is to die well.  The preservation of the Constitution and the Republic are good reasons.  There are many lesser actions between here and there though, thanks to the founders.
Let's use their full measure.  While the blood of tyrants may be worth little, a patriot is irreplaceable.

Jon Watts (Moozle)

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2009, 10:02:47 pm »

Hi Elias,
Thanks for your reply.  Let me clarify.  I, as a caller to the show, brought up the H.R. 1388 for discussion just because it was currently being revised in the Senate that morning.  The positive point of the show was the reaction of listeners in contacting their representatives to get more information about this resolution.  My intention in calling the show yesterday was to point out the inclusion of mandatory language in the resolution for volunteerism.  My hope was that others would call Washington, and they did

In terms of the host becoming emotional during the show --  the general tone of the discussion about tyranny in government was upsetting.  Many callers were offering different points of view about this, the Patriot Act, all sorts of things beyond talk of the resolution.  The discussion shifted to talk of general tyranny when I made a comment that this is not an issue between conservatives vs. liberals, democrats vs. republicans, but rather liberty vs. tyranny.  And also, nobody said that H.R. 1388 contained language to change the oath. 

I brought up the information I'd read in the prison planet article about the possible communication between Gen. Cartwright's office and the white house during the discussion on tyranny.  After further checking I concur with you that it is not factual information.   But, the buck stops here.  I'm the one who brought it up as others were talking about examples of tyranny from history.  As far as a retraction from the station, it was a caller who brought it up (me), not the station or it's host.  I hope this misstep did not cause problems or confusion and I have learned an important lesson.  In the immortal words of Ronald Reagan, trust but verify.  I have relayed this information to the host as well and offered my apology there.  I got caught up in my passion for the issue that morning and should have stuck with my original intention for calling, which was to talk about H.R. 1388.

Jim

Jim,
Thank you for an excellent reply. I really appreciate your taking time to do that for me. My apologies for jumping into a show on which I'd missed the opening moments.

I think you're right about everything but one thing - "the buck" doesn't really stop with you. I do not recall you making any statement which I could not already validate, but for some reason I was unclear about that bit on the oath being changed (or attempted to be changed by the bill, HR-1388, and wondered where that came from. But that aside, and speaking now only about the buck not stopping with you, here is why I can say that.

I called KMMS yesterday morning and spoke directly with the lady host, the one who had been hosting when you, self, and Vinny were on the show with her. I asked her where she got that info about the oath possibly being changed, and she held me on the line while she called her local source on that.... and guess what? Her source gave the section number and details, so she looked it up while I was still on the phone with her, and lo and behold that passage is no longer in the bill.

So what was happening? The local source's wife said she saw it when she first read that bill. But she's been mointoring that bill for a while, and she says that parts of the bill are, day by day, being removed or altered. Well, it seems that somebody continues to delete things out of the bill as it is/was being discussed (I presume by Committee), so that the bill right now is not the same bill it was just a few days ago, and certainly not the same as the bill was three, four, five days, even a week ago. As the discussion on the bill continued, more and more sections of the bill have been removed.

So. That means one of two things, imo. Either it was in the bill and has been removed, or it was never actually in the bill, but some other passage or section may have alluded to something very close to that oath-change, and that section/part has since been removed anyway.

So as far as I'm concerned right now, especially with full knowledge that many people in seats of government power would dearly love to change that oath for obvious reasons, that treacherous business may have actually been worded into the bill, but then removed owing to too many objections. Maybe we'll never know, but we can know that the overall consciousness in Washington D.C. right now would for the most part support such a change in the oath.

As far as the balance of material discussed on that show a couple of days ago, I thought it was all quite on the mark. And you're right, it's downright scary. One thing I love about Bozeman's KMMS talk-radio shows is that there are so many people in the listening audience who're monitoring every move Fedgov makes right now, and many of them are not bashful about calling in to discuss the latest round or horrors issuing forth from our berserk government. And btw, don't you think that dude named "Vinny" is one good caller? I really like the concise way he speaks. You do a good job with that too. The three of us together, all on different phones but asked to stay on the line by the host, gave some sobering consciousness to listeners far and wide. 

On another aside note - Henry Kriegel, on yesterday's Open Range show, played about an hour's worth of his interview with G. Edward Griffin. I thought Griffin did a great job, and I applaud Henry for broadcasting that interview. I hope you were able to catch it. Boze-Angeles seems to be getting peppered with truth-movement liberty consciousness lately, and I'm delighted.

Thanks again for taking time to give me a good, complete answer. That helped a lot.

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

da gooch

• Moderator Group
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2009, 09:12:49 pm »

The last act of an worthy man is to die well.  The preservation of the Constitution and the Republic are good reasons.  There are many lesser actions between here and there though, thanks to the founders.
Let's use their full measure.  While the blood of tyrants may be worth little, a patriot is irreplaceable.

Jon Watts (Moozle)

I like Patton's statement about [I paraphrase] winning isn't about dying for your country it's about making the other guy die for his country.

III

AceV

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2009, 03:34:03 am »

I have little doubt that the aforementioned verbiage was in HR 1388 to begin with.

Just like every little step the FedGov takes toward total tyranny that gets exposed, they backpedal or pretend it wasn't there at all.

Just ask the folks from TX about the Trans Texas Corridor. There was a very large public outcry and they backed off initially. Now they are just going to do the same thing in smaller "phases" so as not to alarm the people and avoid resistance. In the end, it's the same thing. They just repackage it so you'll accept it later on when its marketed to you differently.

loumiron

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2009, 04:06:31 am »

Thanks

Moozle

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2009, 06:16:38 pm »

Jon Watts (Moozle)

I like Patton's statement about [I paraphrase] winning isn't about dying for your country it's about making the other guy die for his country.

Of course, my first post would be option D

da gooch

• Moderator Group
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 09:47:49 pm »

Jon Watts (Moozle)

Of course, my first post would be option D

Yep me too.

III

Bernie

• 3rd Herd
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2009, 02:07:51 pm »

The original website for Oath-Keepers is here: http://www.oath-keepers.blogspot.com/

A new website for Oath-Keepers is being created as we speak, and may or may not feature a Forum on-site.
Elias

Of all the Web tools out there, I feel that the Forum is the most powerful.  We live in different time zones and work different shifts.  The forum makes staying current possible.  Do, please, strive to have our own forum.  Although this is great for starts, as our numbers grow, so will our differences with this our parent forum.  Heck, were shall have differences amongst ourselves.  That said there are already 8 categories with a total of 35 subjects of which we are one.

I wish I had the skills required to set us up with such a forum.  I have helped maintain and moderated a couple so I realize I am not up to the challenge.  I do have opinions that I am not afraid to share.  This forum format is not user friendly (url insertion does not allow for renaming) and is rather ugly.

http://www.vbulletin.com/  is a full feature forum with support.

http://www.phpbb.com/ is a popular open source forum platform and is completely free and has a support forum.
This forum is done on http://www.simplemachines.org/ and is  :deadhorse:.

That said I am darn glad to be here.

OKinPA

« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2009, 03:38:16 pm »

Thank you for replenishing my faith in those of us who have taken oaths. I assure you that there are many Oath Keepers in my area. I've been talking about oath obligations for years to my vet friends and active duty friends. It is a huge help just knowing there are so many others who feel as I do. Thanks for the boost. ....Bill

da gooch

• Moderator Group
« Reply #29 on: April 11, 2009, 09:27:46 pm »

Welcome aboard Bill and Bernie.

Bill,
It may look like there are a whole lot of people on the blogsite but there are literally millions who we have not "Reached" yet and we can use every hand we can find to spread the word and Teach the 7 Principles and 10 Orders We Won't Obey.

There is going to be "backlash".  Some people who will say that what we are doing is treason and violent and UnAmerican and Lord knows what all. [Review the What We Are Not List for answers to these kinds of wisecracks ...]

We will need Oath Keepers to keep spreading the word and inviting everyone to read the Oath, research the history of our country [any wonder why it is not taught in our government run schools any more ?] and become involved. [Take the Oath for themselves IF they want and are serious.]

Thank You for your Service and for standing up and helping out.

Bernie,

I am not that person BUT we do have a person working on setting us up with a forum of our own. [I am told ...]

As to what format to use ... I am pretty partial to stylus and clay myself ....  :rolleyes:
I will point out your suggestions to our tech guy.
[Be careful of too many Good Suggestions you Might wind up with a job ....]

"....that said I am darn glad to be here."

And we are Proud to have you with us.
Thank You for your Service and for showing up.

Welcome aboard,

gooch
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 03:14:06 pm by gooch »

III
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up