The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Orders Oath-Keepers Will Not Obey  (Read 43798 times)

captkit

• I have your 6
Re: Orders Oath-Keepers Will Not Obey
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 04:42:41 pm »

Gooch: Did you catch this article ?
http://www.gopusa.com/theloft/?p=1595
Captkit
captkit

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 05:29:27 pm »

No I had not seen it Kit.

I don't follow the Republicrats or the Demoblicans.
I believe as our first President did that "Parties" are an impediment to good governance.
They [the parties] hoodwink the public into relinquishing their individual responsibility to be an Informed, Involved and Active voter/citizen.

YMMV

My choice of Parties is the one that has liquor [Dark Rum is my choice] music and happy people dancing and talking.
Being a male I prefer to have more women than men at this "party".
I need the extras because I am not all that attractive to most women so the more there are the better chance I have of being considered "acceptable" by the women present.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

CoolAunt

« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2009, 02:20:57 pm »

My choice of Parties is the one that has liquor [Dark Rum is my choice] music and happy people dancing and talking.
Being a male I prefer to have more women than men at this "party".

Kirk, my friend, is that you? :)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2009, 08:54:26 pm »

My name is not Kirk but I am friendly to single ladies.   :ph34r:
And even more friendly as the Rum flows ....   :rolleyes:

Sorry ....

Nope Not Kirk.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

CoolAunt

« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2009, 12:50:26 pm »

My name is not Kirk but I am friendly to single ladies.   :ph34r:
And even more friendly as the Rum flows ....   :rolleyes:

Sorry ....

Nope Not Kirk.

Well, the part about the rum and chatting up the ladies could have been written by my buddy Kirk. He's so funny. He looks like a sea captain - an old salty dog - and rum is his beverage of choice. All he needs is a parrot to ride on his shoulder...but then he'd have parrot shit running down his back. Ewww! Never mind.

Mary S

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 06:48:06 pm »

This forum is a bit of a challenge to navigate around ..maybe because I am a female
and a have a poor sense of direction.  It is hard to determine how to respond
to a particular post. 
I came upon this site shortly after it was put up and was happy to see it up.
The concept is a great one. 
I am not military or law enforcement but I believe we are in the worst crisis in
this country that we have ever been in due to an unconstitutional POTUS, his
gang of thugs and half of the people in the country still drinking the kool-aid.
I also believe we need to get down on our knees in gratitude to God that we
have a military who has made so many sacrifices to keep the populace safe.
My burning question for anyone to answer (and I intend to pose this to the
founder of the site as well).  Having reaffirmed your oath to uphold the
Constitution and outlined the orders you will NOT obey...isn't the next
logical step to present to the government your intention to not obey
these orders. In a formal way....here are our names, numbers and ranks,
sign off on it and present it to the government and let them know.
That would be a powerful message to let them know - hey you can't
just expect to put martial law in effect and the cops are going to swoop
down and start collecting guns.  Anyone please address this.

freewoman

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 07:19:33 pm »

Welcome, Mary!  I'm not an Oathkeeper, but Gooch is out of town, and Elias and Stewart are busy preparing for the Tea Party and other festivities this weekend, so I'll tackle the question. 

As you navigate the forum (which is actually pretty easy to get around, once you get used to it; I'm a member of a dozen or so forums--fori?--and find this one the easiest to figure out), you'll find that we are a diverse bunch.  We figure the .gov already has many of our names and addresses in their little black books, so to speak.  Not that we're paranoid without reason, but I doubt you'll find many forums with a smiley face donning a little tinfoil hat!   :tinfoil:  Most of us (can't speak for all, and won't do so--we're all individuals here) have decided to work toward freedom in our own ways. 

So, to answer your burning question--the next step is not to present intentions to the government, but to live freedom day by day.  Oathkeepers are asked to spread the message to others, but there's no official organization (other than that of volunteers willing to tell others about the concept). 

Thanks for asking, and thanks for joining us.  Take a look around--there's a tremendous amount of information here, and lots of great people.

CorbinKale

• Oath Keepers
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 09:58:43 pm »

Mary,

The intent of the awareness campaign we are waging is to educate and create a consciousness among all the patriotic souls who have sworn an Oath to the Constitution. Not to present the government with an ultimatum, but to give a potential tyrant pause. Any despot who might want to issue an order to confiscate privately owned firearms, for example, would be forced to ask themselves,"If I give this order, will that spell the end for me? Will those faithful to the Constitution refuse to obey my unlawful order, or even arrest me?" Once we have achieved that level of awareness, we will have won a great victory for freedom, without firing a shot.

Of course, there is more to it, but that is the general idea. Create a political environment so charged with patriotism and love of freedom, backed up by the Constitutional Oaths of We the People, that such an order dare not be given. Sun Tzu, himself, would be proud of that strategy!
A free man doesn't beg permission to exercise his Rights.

Mad Wet Hen

« Reply #38 on: July 02, 2009, 10:56:09 pm »

Mary,

The intent of the awareness campaign we are waging is to educate and create a consciousness among all the patriotic souls who have sworn an Oath to the Constitution. Not to present the government with an ultimatum, but to give a potential tyrant pause. Any despot who might want to issue an order to confiscate privately owned firearms, for example, would be forced to ask themselves,"If I give this order, will that spell the end for me? Will those faithful to the Constitution refuse to obey my unlawful order, or even arrest me?" Once we have achieved that level of awareness, we will have won a great victory for freedom, without firing a shot.

Of course, there is more to it, but that is the general idea. Create a political environment so charged with patriotism and love of freedom, backed up by the Constitutional Oaths of We the People, that such an order dare not be given. Sun Tzu, himself, would be proud of that strategy!

Well put and just to make it clear this is not a empty threat but it is my sincere wish that it never comes to the point that we have to prove we mean business
I have GOD and GUTS one thing left to go.
God protect my little girl soldier as she does what she thinks is right. Keep her safe in the monthes to come as she prepares to go over seas at the will of teptb please make sure that he that sends them odes his part by making sure they have all the equipment and food they need. AMEN.

CorbinKale

• Oath Keepers
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 10:08:18 am »

Well put and just to make it clear this is not a empty threat but it is my sincere wish that it never comes to the point that we have to prove we mean business

I used the firearms confiscation scenario, not only because of the stated and demonstrated intentions of the current administration, but to illustrate the necessary component of any diplomatic negotiations-- the credible 'or else'. The "Great Obama Gun Rush" did not occur because the free citizens of this nation wanted to have something nice to turn in.
A free man doesn't beg permission to exercise his Rights.

Stewart the Yalie

• Moderator Group
  • "The final weapon is the brain"
    • Dirt Rhodes Scholar
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2009, 06:13:15 pm »

This forum is a bit of a challenge to navigate around ..maybe because I am a female
and a have a poor sense of direction.  It is hard to determine how to respond
to a particular post. 
I came upon this site shortly after it was put up and was happy to see it up.
The concept is a great one. 
I am not military or law enforcement but I believe we are in the worst crisis in
this country that we have ever been in due to an unconstitutional POTUS, his
gang of thugs and half of the people in the country still drinking the kool-aid.
I also believe we need to get down on our knees in gratitude to God that we
have a military who has made so many sacrifices to keep the populace safe.
My burning question for anyone to answer (and I intend to pose this to the
founder of the site as well).  Having reaffirmed your oath to uphold the
Constitution and outlined the orders you will NOT obey...isn't the next
logical step to present to the government your intention to not obey
these orders. In a formal way....here are our names, numbers and ranks,
sign off on it and present it to the government and let them know.
That would be a powerful message to let them know - hey you can't
just expect to put martial law in effect and the cops are going to swoop
down and start collecting guns.  Anyone please address this.

We nearly did that at Lexington on April 19, and shortly thereafter, but we want to build our org a bit first.  But yes, we will do so.   And when we do, we will present it to all the state legislatures as well as Congress.   But even prior to a formal presentment of our intentions, our declaration is getting attention, count on it.

Stewart
Remember, remember your body will not live forever
That you will die matters not;
When The Day comes, follow your fathers
Give them ball for ball, and shot for shot.

Stewart

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2009, 04:33:37 pm »

And when we do, we will present it to all the state legislatures as well as Congress.   

Stewart

Yesterday I attended an anti-Universal health care and anti-Cap and Trade rally in Bozemen. I introduced the Oath Keepers message to Montana Senator Jon Tester's Bozeman office. I noted that we citizens would enjoy seeing Senator Tester honor his oath. Since the Senator was not present, I'll have to return for a face-to-face with him when his time permits, and if that takes very long to achieve, I'll present our movement to him via certified mail.

I should note that while in town for that demonstration, Stewart, I was approached by many people who had taken the oath at the Oath Keepers ceremony this past Fourth, and their satisfaction with your presentations here in Bozeman was expressed. You and the Oath Keepers are very well-received here. In our upcoming new weekly newspaper, Oath Keepers will have a weekly presence. We're starting to get the ball rolling here, and your presence on the Fourth of July this year will bear much good fruit. Thanks again for making the trip and giving our community a first-hand education of the Oath Keepers mission.

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

icbkr

• Lord of the Files
  • We're gonna need a bigger boat.
« Reply #42 on: July 25, 2009, 05:42:59 pm »

If anyone asks you about "quarantine" as opposed to isolation and "concentration camp" like activities, explain to them that biological disease outbreaks only affect an entire town in sci fi shows.  Normal disease progression would never require the isolation of an entire community or town or city, except in horror movies.  It *might* be necessary to require anyone coming or going to be cleaned/tested, but you'd never have a medical justification for isolating an entire population center.  Not even if they actually released a "super" flu weapon or aliens landed.  I had a sticking point on the "will not" section with a friend, and once we got to comparing reality versus all those great movies, he came around.
Pen, sword, meh.  If I kill the guy with the idea before he gets to relate it, the sword wins.  Again.  Memes are highly overrated.

jessme

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2009, 01:14:43 pm »

Thank you for posting that icbkr, it is very important to have that known by as many as possible. While The Stand makes for some mighty good reading, most likely scenarios would not involve imposed quarantine, especially not if it is H1N1 because it is a simple given that it is in no way shape or form containable at any level at this point.

"the next step is not to present intentions to the government, but to live freedom day by day.  Oathkeepers are asked to spread the message to others, but there's no official organization "

I can really get beind that, but still think that there will come a point in time where self defense will become necessary.

usmc2541wife

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2009, 11:43:19 pm »

DANG! Reading all this makes me so proud to be here!!
You guys are GREAT!!
I can't wait to get to know you more and maybe get my marine involved here too! :love4:
Linda

A typical white woman clinging to her guns and religion!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up