The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Intro to fija  (Read 4635 times)

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
Intro to fija
« on: March 27, 2009, 12:06:14 pm »

Hey, I found a few minutes that weren't previously available to me so I'll kick off this board.
Here is the link to the fija website.

From there:

The primary function of the independent juror is not, as many think, to dispense punishment to fellow citizens accused of breaking various laws, but rather to protect fellow citizens from tyrannical abuses of power by government.

and this

FIJActivists Needed!
    FIJActivists are needed in every state, even in those states where there are already other FIJActivists.

We have a lot of work to do getting the word out, and we can use a lot of assistance with helping to protect your freedoms through informed jurors. If you have some time to hand out literature, to speak to groups, to write letters, to do interviews, or to help others with these efforts, please contact us! Your support and actions are most welcome!

Have questions? Get in touch your present state contacts, or the FIJA National office. Act for freedom today!

Posted by: Ilo
    Posted on: 2009-03-18 12:50:55
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Intro to fija
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 12:13:22 pm »

When we used to play on the lawn at the park, this is what would be called a "dogpile." What do we call it at a forum? LOL

Anyway, I'm tickled to see so much activity here!
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:15:41 pm »

When we used to play on the lawn at the park, this is what would be called a "dogpile." What do we call it at a forum? LOL

Anyway, I'm tickled to see so much activity here!

Yeah, but you'n me beat Rags by a full five minutes!

See my reply to your initial posting, and please don't throw a high-heeled slipper at me, okay? :)

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 12:26:11 pm »

I'd have to throw a boot, since I don't own any high heeled anything. LOL  But I don't plan on throwing anything. My arm isn't that good. LOL

iloilo

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 12:31:15 pm »

Thank you all for putting up this forum for FIJA!
I want to remind everyone that the reason we have juries articulated as clearly as possible in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is to COMPEL government to come before the people when it attempts to deprive anyone of life, liberty, property, or money.  The right of trial by jury is a demand on government to yield to the will of The People.  Think about that!

This is the same reason trial by jury is articulated in the Magna Carta, by the way: to keep government from being able to arbitrarily toss people in prison, take their property, flog them, or steal their money."

This may alter how some of you see the institution of the Jury, and it should.

You might benefit from further consideration of the articulation of the protection of the jury in the Bill of Rights, and the emphasis on jury trial.  Jurors are not court officials: they are independent of government, whether a government of kings or politicians, and for good reason!

I am writing a new brochure specifically on this concept right now, which I hope to have out in the next few months.  Comments welcome.

You see, whenever government agents get snippy about jury trials, it is because they know that one of the foundations of a free society is the requirement that government bring its case before a jury of The People prior to government being able to act against any person: no property can be taken, no person tossed into a prison or dungeon, no monies can be seized, and no children taken into custody, without the requirement that government present its case for doing so before a jury of free people.  Government agents hate that their abuse of power and authority can be so easily thwarted by independent jurors.  That is why there is so much commotion against juries by petulant government agents who want their own way.

And that is why everyone must demand a trial by jury, and refuse to give up that right.

RagnarDanneskjold

• Four-Leaf Order of PSM
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 12:46:27 pm »

I want to remind everyone that the reason we have juries articulated as clearly as possible in the Constitution and Bill of Rights is to COMPEL government to come before the people when it attempts to deprive anyone of life, liberty, property, or money.  The right of trial by jury is a demand on government to yield to the will of The People.  Think about that!

Which is why I question the statement by some that they can't get behind the idea of jury nullification. The guy who wrote the article about his time on the jury where he stated that his dispute was the application of interstate commerce clause to drug activity, but that he had no problem with drug laws per se and did not support jury nullification. I might have all the details of that story wrong, but the sentiment of being anti jury nullification was correct.
The Mayor is the Problem
The flagpole is the answer
We hung the first one
We can hang another one

The Firesign Theatre - from the album Boom Dot Bust

Dear Government
You are a ass shit.

A note from my younger son when he was 3.

When rights are outlawed, only outlaws will have rights. - Me

Round up everybody who can ride a horse or pull a trigger. Let's break out some Winchesters.  - John Wayne (Chisum)

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 12:58:26 pm »

When you get right down to the bottom of things, there are only two kinds of people:

Those responsible for themselves, who have no wish to initiate force or take what does not belong to them.

And everyone else.

Unfortunately, the second group often manages to pretend to be the first - as long as they are the ones who might be harmed.

IndianBellRanch

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 05:49:17 am »

And that is why everyone must demand a trial by jury, and refuse to give up that right.

Wow! I just joined up here and am greatly inspired to see all the topics. FIJA especially. Though it may be bragging, I guess I have the right to do so, because FIJA grew out of my having fought in the courts with one particular legal motion entitled, "Motion for the Jury to Try all Matters of Law, Facts and Evidence." It was first published in a work of mine called "Bear Bait Briefs." That was long before the Internet and it's been out of print for many, many years. It was first available in 1974 when then President Richard M. Nixon gave an executive order for the 55 mile per hour national speed law. As far as I know, anyone who used that brief, in particular, never lost a speeding ticket. I'm unaware if it was ever used for any other purposes. Anyway, I'm glad FIJA is here and am looking forward to lots of interesting things here.

Just a bit about me is that I have lived on:

Continents: (1) North & (2) South America from Alaska to Florida in North America and from Venezuela to Brazil in South America. (3) Europe in Holland, (4) Africa in Central African Republic and Cape Town, South Africa. Finally, (5) the sub-continent of Asia in India from Bangalore to New Delhi to Mumbai.

Islands: (1) Java, Indonesia, (2) Hong Kong, People's Republic of China, (3) Cebu City, The Philippines, (4) Sint Annaland, Tholen, Netherlands, (5) Sint Maarten, Dutch West Indies and finally (6) Honolulu, Hawaii.

I have managed to live free in a very unfree world and to appreciate very many cultures. I can finally say I found the most free place to live in the place I looked last for it. Surprised is far from telling how really surprised I was.

I hope to be friends with all of you and to share your learning experiences with mine.

All the best!

IBR

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 06:30:26 am »

Welcome, IBR. I look forward to hearing from you often.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 06:51:45 am »

Welcome IndianBellRanch,
Any chance that you could post Bear Bait Briefs here?

"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Junker

« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2009, 07:07:34 pm »

I'm glad to see FIJA as a new forum section. It's one of the few
places I trust to support as a continuing member. I'm signed in
at their forum, but spend much more time here.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2009, 09:43:27 pm »

I'm glad to see FIJA as a new forum section. It's one of the few
places I trust to support as a continuing member. I'm signed in
at their forum, but spend much more time here.

Ditto ....  OR Warnock's Dilemma ....

I too am glad to see a dedicated partner fora for FIJA.

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Junker

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 10:05:34 pm »

Nice 2010 set-up. I also liked the history section.
I guess I missed it before. So, good to visit anew an see afresh.
Pages: [1]   Go Up