The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is the ideal place to live?  (Read 23453 times)

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
Re: Where is the ideal place to live?
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2009, 03:26:50 pm »

So you don't think that we can be just as ornery?
You have severely underestimated some people at least.

Don't get all bent out of shape here Gaurd Duck but I don't think bubba3354 was belittling anybodies inherent orneriness.

The inference that I took was the localized thinking [mind programming usually called religion] of the folks in the middle asian continent area.  Namely that human life is not so very important for several reasons.
A - There are literally Billions of them in an area better suited to Millions. [overcrowding - mostly in the cities]
B - Their religions all promise either:
     1-  a quick trip to Paradise where they will be served by sex slaves with the Best the Earth has to offer OR
     2- Rebirth in this world with a possibility of bettering your social, political, financial status OR
     3- Rebirth into a much better world. [Heaven, Paradise, Nirvana, you choose a label]

So ....
Why would they not be willing to run right into the guns and onto the bayonets ?
If they win the fight .... they win the fight.
If they lose .... They Win even bigger.

See ?
I really don't think bubba3354 was denigrating the american level of orneriness.
I think he was making an example of the difference of thinking of the average person.
[Not the Elite with a high level of formal education.  Such as the Brahmin, Mullahs, et cetera ]

Am I close Bubba ?
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

IndianBellRanch

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2009, 11:35:32 pm »

I pretty much agree with bubba3354 ( is that your m.o.s. ? )   If there is  worldwide disruption, India will be affected.  A foreign enclave with no small arms, no defense plan and no dedicated security  adds up to soft target.  Even with that, you would likely still  be a soft target and definitely a high value target that might be worth the risk. I don't see how a concentrated group of fairly to very well off foreigners could be anything else.

The expatriate Americans in Mexico got a surprise during the Mexican Revolution  as just one example. They probably thought they were secure as well.

India  has a billion people and the internal contradictions and potential and present problems are at least as high as they are here, or higher.  Ongoing religious wars and tension between Sikh, Muslim and Hindu aren't going away soon and neither are the regional problems with Pakistan and China.

The advantage here is that you are the armed indigenous.
. . . but just as dead, Jamie -- whether you're the native or the foreigner. But as an American, you're probably all dead, aren't you really? My thoughts are to get as far away from harm's way as is possible. Half way around the world is as far as one can get.  I'm actually a little surprised by such a reply coming from as well a seasoned mentalmilitia as you.

Out of a 1.3 billion people (to be exact) come a complete roster of people you have completely left out of the equation. Not very scientific. Mexico, as your example, was duck soup simple because the Mexicans tend to be of one faith and agenda and the Americans forgot the Alamo. Now, they may well take back their lands at the ballot box than by firing a shot.

Religious wars in India have been tested pretty well since Gandhi and you're not considering that factor at all. You would have to spend more than a vacation period to understand what the real deal is. It's a lot, LOT more than just poke a pagan or superstitionist. As I have said before, it wasn't until my third trip here that I got my eyes open. I was lucky, because by that time I KNEW the right questions to ask. That being said, I'm happy to discuss my religious beliefs and give answers, but I will not answer one question as to how we will combat any potential "religious" persecution question with anyone who does not come have a serious look for themselves. Beware, we have a very toothy non disclosure agreement. Nuff said there.

It's easy for me to just say you're wrong, and I'm not going to do that, because it would be incumbent upon me to proved the reason you're wrong. Whoops! There goes security! Please understand. However, I also encourage your objections to test my theories and see if I've left something out or haven't anticipated a potential problem.

You speak of world wide disruption and how India will be effected, but you neglect major points. ONE truck strike in the US (for whatever reasons), will be far more disruptive to America than any of the other countries in the world. India as of special consideration does not depend on trucks for food distribution. Gandhi died before he knew anything of such merchandizing, but he DID understand merchandizing better than anyone I've ever read. There will be no food shortage here, because everyone grows food, and everyone sells what they have left over at local (easy to walk to) markets. Yes, India will be affected by the world wide disruption, but you should focus on where that disruption is going to come from. Ahem! It will not be coming from India, but from the good ol' US of A.

Foreigners are ALWAYS a threat to local people, and we are no exception and we KNOW it. However, wisdom comes with years and experience and not from theorizing. Knowing this, as we do, this has figured very heavily into our plan. It's not widely available for public dissemination, thank you.

I'd like to mention this information not necessary to be repeated by people who have global traveling experiences. There is usually a lot less border problems involved with what you called, "regional" problems but mentioned Pakistan and China. Please do get out a map and study it for Pete's sake.

And "Soft Targets" have to be determined by more than "just the way it looks." Soft means soft, looks means nothing. A normal looking house in a normal looking neighborhood could have been built as a complete fortress -- though it probably isn't, but you should get my drift. A tiny piece of that secret is revealed in our sales info.

Lastly, "the armed indigenous" you're referring to meant the "armed natives." Heh! Let's just leave that one alone for now. He, heh!

Do me favor. Read the "sales information" and come up with something we haven't thought of yet.

All the best,

IBR

da gooch

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2009, 11:53:54 pm »

To get back to the original question ....

YEP.  Right where YOU decide it is.
It will be ideal in as far as how you "see" it and its potentialities.

III

gaurdduck

« Reply #33 on: July 26, 2009, 01:14:53 am »

Where is the ideal place to live?

South Island, New Zealand.
Good weather, great scenery, good soil, national pastimes are distilling and zorbing.
Also have distant relations in Auckland.

( http://www.zorb.com/ )

da gooch

« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2009, 12:09:36 pm »

Where is the ideal place to live?

South Island, New Zealand.
Good weather, great scenery, good soil, national pastimes are distilling and zorbing.
Also have distant relations in Auckland.

( http://www.zorb.com/ )
NZ= Horrible gun laws.
As in = you cannot own unless you are a LEO.
Or so I am led to understand.

edit spellink korrection
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:27:42 pm by gooch »

III

SoundTheBell

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2009, 12:19:08 pm »

Not to mention the 7.8 earthquake that rocked the country this month, caused tsunami warnings, and moved the southern tip of the country an entire foot in a few seconds.
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090722/ap_on_re_au_an/as_new_zealand_quake_movement

gaurdduck

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2009, 02:28:36 pm »

NZ= Horrible gun laws.
As in = you cannot own unless you are a LEO.
Or so I am led to understand.

edit spellink korrection

I break the law here on a regular basis, how would NZ be any different?

da gooch

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2009, 02:56:02 pm »

1- They will inspect any packages you bring in-country with the shape of a long arm.
2- They will prosecute if you are caught.  For Both violations. Importation and falsification of documents regarding same.
3- They can deport you as a felon which makes you real unpopular at any border you approach thereafter.
4- There is nowhere to buy a long arm in-country. [legally]

In my world .... removing hassle [all kinds] and its causes is one of my main goals.

YMMV

I'm not telling you to do or not do anything .... just pointing out the obvious.

III

gaurdduck

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2009, 04:31:41 pm »

I smuggled alcohol in private school,
I simply need to change the method to accommodate the metal parts.
I can always whittle a new stock.
Stills are perfectly legal there.
A reflux still with the gun parts fastened inside would fool x-ray machines.
Some coffee would fool bomb/gunpowder sniffing dogs.

Then again I could do the cheap and simple thing and build my own guns from my Home Workshop Guns books.

Though I've also considered the Alaskan bush.
Pert near anarchy there.

Today's Tom Sawyer

• Extremist
  • His mind is not for rent, to any god or government
« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2009, 07:55:47 pm »

ONE truck strike in the US (for whatever reasons), will be far more disruptive to America than any of the other countries in the world.

Sir, I can tell you that a truck strike in America is well-nigh impossible. 

Believe me, with all the harassment and bullcrap we have to put up with, it's been mentioned--repeatedly and with great vigor.  But truckers are like libertarians; you can't get us all to agree on anything.  If a nationwide trucker strike actually happens, I'll eat my motorcycle.   :shakehead:

That said, I'm watching your posts with interest.  You're bringing up some thoughts that I think people need to hear.   :headscratch:
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 11:39:28 am by Today's Tom Sawyer »
"If you are unable to separate neighborliness and kindness, loyalty and friendship, family ties and goodness from the statist politicians actions on behalf of no one but themselves, and if you fail to grasp the fact of the peaceful, productive, non-voting, kindly, helpful neighbours on this forum, then you have read little and thought less."  --feralfae
"When they bust down your door, 'It's TIME!'" --Pvt. Joker
“Don’t mess with an armed woman buying tampons!” --MWD

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2009, 08:09:19 pm »

The "nationwide truck strike" will happen when hyperinflation makes it impossible for them to buy fuel.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

da gooch

« Reply #41 on: July 27, 2009, 01:03:44 pm »

The "nationwide truck strike" will happen when hyperinflation makes it impossible for them the independent truckers to buy fuel.

Just a little clarification there Klapton.

Uncle Sugar will have some sort of benefit program for the trucking industry as long as they sign the slavery agreement. :contract:

Then Uncle Sugar [Komrade Sveetness ?] will "own" that industry as well.

Only the truly independent Independents  will be "shut out".

Or I miss my guess.

III

MsSage

« Reply #42 on: July 27, 2009, 01:41:34 pm »

The "nationwide truck strike" will happen when hyperinflation makes it impossible for them the independent truckers to buy fuel.

Uncle Sugar will have some sort of benefit program for the trucking industry as long as they sign the slavery agreement. :contract:

Or I miss my guess.
They have already started the program.......its called SmartWay. What that does is give the trucking companies a "tax break" for the coming taxes added on the fuel. As long as they agree to go "Green" uuugggg
I hate to say this but if your not part of a BIG trucking company you will not survive the cap & trade or the upcoming BS.
As for a nation wide truker strick LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL PLEASE it hurts when I fall out of my chair laughing.  Good GAWD you cant get 5 truckers to agree to the right exit number to take. They will argue for hours ...and most are sitting at the truck stop and can see the exit sign but they are too busy yapping on the CB.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

incognito91564

« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2009, 08:57:12 pm »

Or I miss my guess.
They have already started the program.......its called SmartWay. What that does is give the trucking companies a "tax break" for the coming taxes added on the fuel. As long as they agree to go "Green" uuugggg
I hate to say this but if your not part of a BIG trucking company you will not survive the cap & trade or the upcoming BS.
As for a nation wide truker strick LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL PLEASE it hurts when I fall out of my chair laughing.  Good GAWD you cant get 5 truckers to agree to the right exit number to take. They will argue for hours ...and most are sitting at the truck stop and can see the exit sign but they are too busy yapping on the CB.

ROFLMAO!!!  You are so right.  ((re: truckers and agreeing))  I team with my SO and we can't even agree and we drive the same truck!  Of course, usually he realizes that I'm the one who's right ;) 

We are currently leased on to a company and the past couple weeks have been horrid when it comes to miles.  :( :(  We had been discussing taking the plunge and getting our own authority but.... I dunno, with the way the economy is going I'm not so sure that's a good idea.

Anyway, just needed to add my $0.02 worth (even though being an IC don't leave me much change!).
For good or ill, your conversation is your advertisement. Every time you open your mouth, you let the world look into your mind. - Bruce Barton

Today's Tom Sawyer

• Extremist
  • His mind is not for rent, to any god or government
« Reply #44 on: August 01, 2009, 11:41:57 am »

Or I miss my guess.

I'm thinking that's the plan.  The last thing they want is independent truckers.

Or independent anyone.   :angry:
"If you are unable to separate neighborliness and kindness, loyalty and friendship, family ties and goodness from the statist politicians actions on behalf of no one but themselves, and if you fail to grasp the fact of the peaceful, productive, non-voting, kindly, helpful neighbours on this forum, then you have read little and thought less."  --feralfae
"When they bust down your door, 'It's TIME!'" --Pvt. Joker
“Don’t mess with an armed woman buying tampons!” --MWD
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up