The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Oath Keepers What We are Not List  (Read 30504 times)

Jeff Citizen

Re: Oath Keepers What We are Not List
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2009, 01:14:13 am »

Be very careful what you wish for. If there is a vote that allows the Constitution to be amended, they can literally do anything they want to it. ANYTHING. The very same people that are in DC right now, that we are trying to figure out what to do with, will have free access to change the Constitution at will? I certainly hope not!

Bernie

• 3rd Herd
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2009, 06:33:11 am »

A constitutional convention or Con Con is what you are talking about.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitutional_convention_(political_meeting) and as states reassert their rights they are pulling out of these.  There is still enough delegates to have one so the fight against it is still on.http://www.infowars.com/21-states-claiming-sovereignty/

Then again I heard there was to be an independent Con Con but this really is not the place to go into details about that. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: April 21, 2009, 07:04:30 am by Bernie »

JayJay

« Reply #17 on: June 19, 2009, 05:06:10 pm »

We are not advocating or promoting the rewriting of
the Constitution nor are we asking for an Amendment thereto.
We are insisting on the Constitution being Enforced
as it is written without interpretation.   

Quick question gooch.

What about the repeal of amendments that harm US Citizens or the original Constitution?
YES
There are a few of those that really need to be "fixed" [read removed ....] BUT not any of the first ten IF you get my drift ?
And also there is the fact that Any law that is unconstitutional [directly in contradiction to the Constitution] is on its face null and void.

BUT ....

All in good time my good man, all in good time.
Let us make sure we have a "critical mass" before we start making changes.

IOW .... First things first .... let's make sure this "ship"*  will continue to float and Then we can change her course.
Grab a bucket let's get the bailing process started.   Okay ?
There are bailing buckets for the taking at Oath-keepers.blogspot.com and Appleseedinfo.org and RWVA.org and FIJA.org.

Let's get this ship bailed out, her course changed and then we can see to the specific repairs.
[Like those spurious amendments you mention.]

Once we can be sure that the "ship" isn't going to sink out from under us then we can change her course and fix the damage done by the professional politicians  er .... parasites of the past and present.

Grab a bucket ....

*"ship" = "ship of state."

edit to add some more bucket suppliers   :rolleyes:

Always said great leaders need a sense of humor.

Mad Wet Hen

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2009, 11:32:34 am »

There is a small problem with that. Major companies will fund those sent to represent the people and then we will be in the some shape or worse. I give you credit for thinking and trying to come up with something that may work.
I have GOD and GUTS one thing left to go.
God protect my little girl soldier as she does what she thinks is right. Keep her safe in the monthes to come as she prepares to go over seas at the will of teptb please make sure that he that sends them odes his part by making sure they have all the equipment and food they need. AMEN.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2009, 01:24:20 pm »

There is a small problem with that.
Sorry cordobablue  but I don't understand what it is that you are saying has a problem. Please explain ? I cannot answer your  Question(?) if I don't understand it.
Major companies will fund those sent to represent the people and then we will be in the some shape or worse.
This statement seems to assume that the same "system of governance" will be instituted "after the big change" what ever that is. 
In the original setup Representatives are NOT Paid* so any "donations to individuals" would be corruption of Government and highly frowned upon whereby the offenders would find angry voters when they stood for election the second time. The Major Company involved could be/might be boycotted by the general public [this is not to mention the cancellation of any and all government contracts currently in process] and the elected representative could be recalled by his or her constituents.
I give you credit for thinking and trying to come up with something that may work.
All the credit for the Oath Keepers idea goes to Stewart Rhodes and a couple of his friends.

The credit for a Constitutional Republic would go to our founding fathers and George Mason in particular for his attempt to describe one effectively.

That is what Oath Keepers [the association] ultimately want ... Our Constitution restored to its rightful place as the "Law of the Land" and our Constitutional Republic back.

edit to add quote from Articles of Confederation

"No State shall be represented in Congress by less than two, nor more than seven members; and no person shall be capable of being a delegate for more than three years in any term of six years; nor shall any person, being a delegate, be capable of holding any office under the United States, for which he, or another for his benefit, receives any salary, fees or emolument of any kind."

Meaning no person employed by "the Government" can hold an elected office.
And that all elected offices be voluntary. [IE: unpaid]
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 01:47:02 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Mad Wet Hen

« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2009, 12:06:13 am »

I was talking about this statement by: Klapton
Government agencies shall be funded by voluntary donation or by fees for services rendered.  Government shall not have a monopoly on the provision of any service, but we the people shall choose our own providers.  Neither shall government be funded by debt.

There is a small problem with that. Major companies will fund those sent to represent the people and then we will be in the some shape or worse. I give you credit for thinking and trying to come up with something that may work.

Does that clear things up for you gooch?
I have GOD and GUTS one thing left to go.
God protect my little girl soldier as she does what she thinks is right. Keep her safe in the monthes to come as she prepares to go over seas at the will of teptb please make sure that he that sends them odes his part by making sure they have all the equipment and food they need. AMEN.

da gooch

• Moderator Group
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2009, 02:12:15 pm »

I was talking about this statement by: Klapton
Government agencies shall be funded by voluntary donation or by fees for services rendered.  Government shall not have a monopoly on the provision of any service, but we the people shall choose our own providers.  Neither shall government be funded by debt.

Does that clear things up for you gooch?

Yes and No.

Thank you for including the referral to the post you were commenting upon.  It nearly always helps especially when the response is not exactly following the comment being remarked upon.

Now to explain my No part of my response.

Those "major Companies" cannot "fund those sent to represent the people" if WE don't let them can they ?
I will repeat what I said earlier:
Major companies will fund those sent to represent the people and then we will be in the some shape or worse.
This statement seems to assume that the same "system of governance" {That we have now with money being allowed to buy votes and representation} will be instituted "after the big change" what ever that is.
In the original setup [Articles of Confederation]  Representatives are NOT Paid* so any "donations to individuals" would be corruption of Government and highly frowned upon whereby the offenders would find angry voters when they stood for election the second time. The Major Company involved could be/might be boycotted by the general public [this is not to mention the cancellation of any and all government contracts currently in process] and the elected representative could be recalled by his or her constituents. [Or we could go Hog wild and make a Law stipulating that act as illegal.]
end of self quote
[additional comments are in green]

And then add:

This change would be quite simple if there is ever a "Realignment" or "Rearrangement" of the government as we know it.[IF we could get the 3P's to vote on it we could do it now actually ... but they won't. It would cut off their gravy train.]
Removing most of the "laws" which are actually unlawful edicts and unlawfully imposed "regulations having the force of laws" would then get us back to a pretty open system of governance. [as if we actually needed one ....]
It would be not difficult at all to call for a national referendum to forbid politicians or government employees of ANY level [President all the way down to White house parking attendant] from accepting money from anyone as a gift or "present". Wages IF ANY would be set by National Referendum and until such time as the People settled on an amount the office holders would serve as "volunteers".
After the referendum the office holders could reapply for their current offices or step down as they saw fit. Most of them wouldn't have a job anyway as their unnecessary "Department" will have been eradicated most likely.

98% [MY Personal Opinion] of Federal Offices are Not Required for this country to run and support itself. [We did fine without them for more than half of our history]  Any function that is actually necessary [Arm the Militias in time of war and supply our Navy and Marine Corps {part of the Navy} is about it.] would find willing private entrepreneurs as quickly as the government monopoly was removed.

Those "Major Companies" can only do as you point out in the current system. They rely upon the system as it is currently and know that any new system would automatically remove their leech hold on our pocket books which is why they fight any change tooth and nail.
The 3P's in office now know and exploit this arrangement to their personal aggrandizement which is yet another reason to Flush the whole rotten mess and start over at the beginning.   IMO

III

unspy

• RECLAIM.org
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2009, 11:02:13 pm »

98% [MY Personal Opinion] of Federal Offices are Not Required for this country to run and support itself. [We did fine without them for more than half of our history]  Any function that is actually necessary  would find willing private entrepreneurs as quickly as the government monopoly was removed.

It is a pleasant thought. Some people get a mental image
of a tropical beach to relax themselves. I have to get a metal
image of American when Common Law was the only authority
'governing' the the lives of free men.

The greatest sins are the sins of silence in the face of evil.
=================
http://www.reclaim.org
=================
Freedom is not: doing everything you want to.
Freedom is: not having to do what you don’t want to do.

Jarel

• restackthedeck.wordpress.com
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2009, 04:54:13 pm »

I don't know, just spitballing here but I think we could do a lot by making our DC pols State Employees (isn't that what they are anyway?) and streamlining accountability at that level. National referendum is, um, less than entirely Constitutional maybe, in that it entails reverting to a more pure democracy, which is why we have a Con in the 1st place. Most of the issues I see would be easily fixed by reinserting the corporate campaign contribution assivemay ixnay of the early 20th century, though finding politicians willing to give away their easy millions to pass the bill might be,...messy? That and of course ending mr Fed Res. Love the list; I've been personally (gently)attacking that angle since I reaffirmed my Oath; it's amazing how many people think that Oathkeepers magically sprung up out of nowhere when we actually have such a fine upstanding govt doing truly ethical things and just want to take good care of us. This is my first post on this section; I dig that from what I've read so far y'all are thinkers not haters.

"All that racism and stuff, I never really had time for that. I had songs to play."--BB King

By the way, something escapes me: what the hell is a 3P? :huh:
"Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in the cage?" Pink Floyd

"and if you don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long-haired country boy alone"--Charlie Daniels

"perfectio propter imperfectionem." -- 'perfection requires imperfection.'

Carpe Libertatem

da gooch

• Moderator Group
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2009, 07:22:36 pm »

Professional Political Parasite a label of my own invention for the "Elected" representatives of the People who make a career of getting re-elected rather than solving the problems they were sent to address.

III

Who...me?

« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2009, 07:26:19 pm »

Well I can tell you that here in PA many of the state level "employee's" that reside in Harrisburg are just as corrupt and their buddies in DC. So I don't see that it would work.  If, on the other hand, anytime a "representative" was found to be corrupt or did anything illegal they were charge with treason and hanged...well then thing would be a little different.

Another treasonous activity would be, as gooch so adroitly mentions,  politards who only care about their position and its power and not the people they are supposed to represent.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

Jarel

• restackthedeck.wordpress.com
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2009, 08:07:12 pm »

Professional Political Parasite a label of my own invention for the "Elected" representatives of the People who make a career of getting re-elected rather than solving the problems they were sent to address.
Cool acronym, great imagination gooch, thanks for the info, that was a new one on me. Any chance I can add that to my dictionary at http://www.restackthedeck.com/? Check it out, lemme know, bro.
"Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in the cage?" Pink Floyd

"and if you don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long-haired country boy alone"--Charlie Daniels

"perfectio propter imperfectionem." -- 'perfection requires imperfection.'

Carpe Libertatem

da gooch

• Moderator Group
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2009, 09:56:58 pm »

It would be neat to get mentioned as its originator BUT not really necessary.

Sure Man go for it.

BTW it is ALWAYS used as a derogatory term.

III

warbourne

• Call for immediate delivery of a$$kicking!
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2009, 05:58:59 am »

What we are not = (thumbs up)

And the racism stuff.  I got my opinion on that too.  Just one of the many gifts of our providers. (notice the small p)
Let me put it this way.  I burn real easy in the summer sun.  One of my best friends is darker than I like my coffee.
I'd trade 100 "white" 3P's, for one "any other" honest patriot.  And I'm willing to negotiate on those numbers.

Racism, like most other things, can be weighed by its effect.  What do you get as the end result of racism?
Hate-crimes.
And what do hate-crimes give them?  The power to up the stakes and enforce more enforcement on us.
Its a fact that having control over the weapon in your own hand is essential to survival.
But, having control over the weapon in your enemies hand could turn the tide of a war, or a revolution..

..Me

CorbinKale

• Oath Keepers
« Reply #29 on: December 12, 2010, 11:58:00 am »

Gooch,

I saw your post on the Daily Bell interview. The 'What we are not' list was a great addition to the comments.
A free man doesn't beg permission to exercise his Rights.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up