The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Was at a local gun shop Today..  (Read 11339 times)

american4life

• I'm not prejudice. I hate all politicans equally
Was at a local gun shop Today..
« on: April 29, 2009, 05:02:30 pm »

Me and a friend of mine was at a local gun shop today, buying ammo. The "clerk" had a print out of some kind of legislation that might be up for consideration in a few states. Guess I need to pay more attention. It basically Say's they want all ammunition made to have a "encoded" number on each and individual case, cartridge,or shell.. Is it just me or is this another way they , the feds, are trying to take our 2nd amendent away?? Sorry I forgot the number of the H.B. ,and for some reason I cannot find it on the net. This to me , is a violation of our inalienable rights period.. When will we say enough is enough?? All I have to say is  "NOT ON MY WATCH"

That said , I urge everyone to contact their local reps and tell them the same..

american4life

• I'm not prejudice. I hate all politicans equally
Re: Was at a local gun shop Today..
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 05:14:47 pm »

Ok here is the link http://ammunitionaccountability.org/Legislation.htm . Can anyone tell me if this is still current??

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2009, 05:50:24 pm »

I checked the California link, and nothing came up. Kind of what I thought - it was shot down again.

YMMV, but I think it's a dead issue - for now. You know they'll try again later. I think the heavy and
constant sales of guns and ammo has sent a real clear picture to TPTB that they will be out of office
again if they try something like this now.

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 02:08:29 am »

Quoting Bear ....
"YMMV, but I think it's a dead issue - for now. You know they'll try again later."

The whole idea is to try to make an end run around the Constitution by making ammo too expensive for the general populous to purchase.
Then they won't have to worry about the guns because there won't be any ammo out there and what there is will be "marked" and easily traced.

The silly fools.  *SIGH*    Prohibition.  Does.  Not.  Work.

I for one wanna be an underground ammo dealer after they get this set up.
Right now I have to save just to buy ammo ....
once I'm set up as an underground ammo dealer in no time at all I'll be able to buy my own State.   Probably ....  :rolleyes:

"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

MacCoinneach

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 09:32:44 am »

Stay up on whats going on by visiting http://www.gunlaws.com

What we need to be aware of right now is that there is currently a gun-ban-list proposal headed to Congress, which lists quite a few firearms.

The reality of all this is that is it a blatant violation of our civil liberties and rights as sovereign citizens.┬  These politicians, who by the way are oath takers and not keepers, are purposely violating our right to own certain firearms.┬  I should be able to own whatever weapon I wish to own.┬  The government has no right to tell me what I can and can not own, but as long as they can get support from ignorant Americans on this issue it will go forward.┬  Enough is enough already!┬  These laws that they pass, which are unconstitutional are bogus and should not be obeyed by any person who has ever taken the Oath to uphold and support the Constitution, which is the Supreme law of the land.

My fear, which is quickly becoming a reality, is that there will be a total confiscation of all firearms from Americans.┬  What this will do is leave you totally defenseless, unless of course you can throw rocks and chuck spears pretty good, but is that logically useful?┬  The bottom line is that we should not tolerate this action by our fascist government.┬  Read between the lines and see what is happening here.┬  If they strip us of our ability to defend ourselves we will be a society easily controlled...enslaved.┬  But if you want to believe that is all conspiracy theory and not based on reality then go right ahead.┬  I will continue to keep my eyes open while you sleep.

This is why it is important to reach as many people in regards to KEEPING their oaths and helping them to understand why it is so vital to do so.┬  We need our local law enforcement to understand this; We need our military to understand this; and We need our elected officials to understand this.

"Not on our watch"

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 09:47:15 am »

They can't disarm us unless they disarm themselves.

Officer: Are you armed?

Freedomista: Of course. I've got a pistol right there, hanging from your belt.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Disavowed spook

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 12:54:28 pm »

This is an incremental stepup from what is already in place to track most forms of explosives.
Within nearly all explosive materials are micro polymers in specfic combinations or colors or compositions which can be used to identify the explosive, the manufacturer, and even batch used. Upon ignition these micro particles are dispatched in teh immediate area and literally cover everything in proximity.
This was done decades ago to facilitate tracing pipebombs made with gunpowder, etcetera....
Serial numbers on brass is simply a faster, less involved mode of tracking that opens the door for licensing ammunition purchases and prosecuting "straw" ammunition sales.
Couple this suggestion with what is before the Senate requiring private reloaders to get federal licenses or become criminals.....

Incrimentalism folks.

Please don't post "well if ya got nothing to hide....." 'cause that isn't the point.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 12:59:17 pm »

Please don't post "well if ya got nothing to hide....." 'cause that isn't the point.

That is not a likely response here.

What would be more likely is this;

III
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Disavowed spook

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 12:59:42 pm »

They can't disarm us unless they disarm themselves.

Officer: Are you armed?

Freedomista: Of course. I've got a pistol right there, hanging from your belt.

When asked "are you armmed or carrying any weapons"
I reply, " I certainly am, my brain is the deadliest weapon I own".

This has gotten varied responses in various countries. Most common is an initial shock followed by an elevated modicum of respect during the interaction.

Thoriz

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 01:05:43 pm »

I checked the Kentucky version.  It was a March 2008 bill.  Submitted and then withdrawn.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 01:37:15 pm »

When asked "are you armed or carrying any weapons"
I reply, " I certainly am, my brain is the deadliest weapon I own".

Indeed. The deadliest weapon there is.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

MacCoinneach

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 03:49:18 pm »

A nice little PDF put together by restoretherepublic.com that is of interest to this thread.

http://restoretherepublic.com/pdf/ammunition-accountability.pdf

SSgt_USAF_vet

• Student of Christ
  • "Give me liberty, or give me death!"
    • My YouTube
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2009, 08:41:35 am »

A good (and reliable) friend of mine recently told me that he has a friend that works as a clerk in the sporting goods section of a Wal-Mart store. My friend was buying ammo when the clerk mentioned (paraphrase):
"Yeah, its good you're buying these now before the AMMO WITH EXPIRATION DATES comes in."

Apparently, the gun powder in the ammo will be mixed with some kind of agent that will render the powder unable to fire after one (1) year. I've searched around the Internet and cannot find any further information.

Has anyone heard of this? If this is true it is yet another attempt to flank the Constitution and prevent any sort of stockpiling of ammo for future use.
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of´╗┐ ignorance that tyranny begins."
- Benjamin Franklin

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2009, 08:48:20 am »

Your friend may be good and reliable, but I have never met anyone who worked at WallyWorld who knew much.(No offense meant PSM.)

I'd take it with a grain of salt.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2009, 10:21:48 am »

This is an incremental stepup from what is already in place to track most forms of explosives.
Within nearly all explosive materials are micro polymers in specfic combinations or colors or compositions which can be used to identify the explosive, the manufacturer, and even batch used. Upon ignition these micro particles are dispatched in teh immediate area and literally cover everything in proximity.
This was done decades ago to facilitate tracing pipebombs made with gunpowder, etcetera....
Serial numbers on brass is simply a faster, less involved mode of tracking that opens the door for licensing ammunition purchases and prosecuting "straw" ammunition sales.
Couple this suggestion with what is before the Senate requiring private reloaders to get federal licenses or become criminals.....

Incrimentalism folks.

Disavowed Spook,

What do you think of coil guns? (In case you're not familiar with them. They use a magnetic field to
accelerate a ferromagnetic projectile down a tube.) No powder, no primer, no brass, and probably
quieter than a traditional firearm.

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up