The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Stand by Me"  (Read 2920 times)

mutti

• Mutti
"Stand by Me"
« on: May 01, 2009, 08:40:33 am »

If you can do the YouTube thing - This is a nice rendition of the song "Stand By Me".  (now how can I incorporate this into HSing today?  I know Geography!)

mutti

(edited to include:

and another: One Love

(I'm a sucker for music  ^_^)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 08:52:11 am by mutti »
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

coloradohermit

Re: "Stand by Me"
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 06:34:56 pm »

I saw that on PBS and loved it!!!(I assume the youtube is the same one I saw with musicians from all over the world). Talk about a world community.  And definitely a geography lesson.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

What luck for rulers that men do not think. - Adolf Hitler

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

mutti

• Mutti
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:39:22 pm »

Yep. Thats the one. Had the kidlets be-bopping around the house with an Atlas. It really was priceless. mutti
Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.  Jefferson

"The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract." Heinlein

Lazarus Long

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2009, 10:24:24 am »

For another fun geography lesson, with good music and a delightful concept, try:

http://www.wherethehellismatt.com/

I'm not sure if I originally found it posted here or not, but couldn't find it with a search.
"Whatever is funny is subversive, every joke is ultimately a custard pie... a dirty joke is... a sort of mental revolution." - Orwell

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2009, 11:21:00 am »

If you can do the YouTube thing - This is a nice rendition of the song "Stand By Me".  (now how can I incorporate this into HSing today?  I know Geography!)

Wow. I'm about as unmusical as anybody can get, but that was tremendous. Not only great music, but imagine what it took to orchestrate that worldwide effort as one grand performance. Good one, mutti!
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

jessme

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2009, 01:59:53 am »

I love the group and the good work they are doing around the world...

Here is a song that just hit me so close to home I cried the first time I saw it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgiTvvcP1GY
Pages: [1]   Go Up