The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BLUE MAX (1966)  (Read 2612 times)

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
THE BLUE MAX (1966)
« on: May 11, 2009, 12:21:53 pm »

Another excellent  WWI, Era Film which shows some of the BS PR propaganda to get the people motivated to die.... :rolleyes:

The Blue Max, starring George Peppard, James Mason and Ursula Andress--WWI in the air

George Peppard stars in this memorable World War One story as a German infantryman who becomes a flying ace and one of his country's top heroes. James Mason is the commanding general, and the sweet Ursula Andress is the general's unfaithful wife. Jeremy Kemp and Anton Diffring costar

Peppard is Bruno Stachel who strives to prove himself to the Upper Class Members of the Flight Squadron by blasting as many Allied Planes so he can atone for his "Lower Class" Background. Little does he know he is being manipulated by the Higher Echelon to keep the other "Lower Class" members of Germany's Populace from revolting during the final days of the War in 1918....

Stachel's C.O. also realizes what a pathetic waste Germany's role in WW1 has been but is honor bound to face the truth....

THE BLUE MAX is a Great Film and shows how so called "lowlifes" like Bruno Stachell are used by the Militarists to achieve their ends....

Memorable Quotes From TBM

Bruno Stachel: Chivalry? To kill a man, then make a ritual out of saluting him - that's hypocrisy. They kill me, I don't want anyone to salute.
Willi von Klugermann: They probably won't.

Willi von Klugermann: By the way, Stachel... there's an impression around that... you care more about your unconfirmed kill than you do about Fabian's death.
Bruno Stachel: Perhaps it's force of habit. In the trenches, we couldn't even bury the dead; there were too many of them. I've never had the time... to discuss them over a glass of champagne.

General Count von Klugermann: He's wounded, isn't he?
Aide: Yes, Herr General.
General Count von Klugermann: Hmm. A mentionable wound?
Aide: Uh, in the arm.
General Count von Klugermann: Good. The people like soldiers who were shot in the right places. Order Stachel to Berlin for special hospital treatment. I want you to ensure that all our newspapers give full prominence to this gallant episode - photographs, everything.

THE BLUE MAX TRAILER
« Last Edit: May 11, 2009, 12:25:11 pm by Secret Six »
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

Who...me?

Re: THE BLUE MAX (1966)
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2009, 12:28:44 pm »

One of my favorite old movies.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2009, 12:46:04 pm »

One of my favorite old movies.

Have you ever seen ZEPPELIN (1971) with Michaek York, Anton Diffring, Andrew Keir, and the delectable Elke Sommer ?

VIDEO LINK

Remember begging my folks to take me to see it when I was a kid and I loved the Great Aviation Sequences and Great Acting to boot !

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

Who...me?

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2009, 02:49:22 pm »

No I don't recall that one, which surprises me as I am a war movie buff.

Remember "Where eagles dare"?   Also one of my favorites.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken
Pages: [1]   Go Up