The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Little Bear  (Read 4748 times)

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
Little Bear
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:47:48 pm »

Here's my new little buddy...

Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
Re: Little Bear
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 12:49:23 pm »

Awwwww!
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 11:27:29 pm »

What an adorable little puppy!!!!!

What breed/mix is he?  How big and how protective will he grow up to be?
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

Who...me?

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 11:42:29 pm »

I always tell my wife when she sees a cute puppy or baby.

"babys and puppys are just the same, they start off all cute and then eat the couch."

We are looking to get  Great Danes, I want a blue and she wants a black and white mantle.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

Joel

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 10:30:34 am »

What an adorable little puppy!!!!!

What breed/mix is he?  How big and how protective will he grow up to be?
His father is an American Akita, and looks like he could kick Roddy Piper's ass with three paws tied behind his back.  His mother appears to be a Doberman/Shepherd mix - she's one of the ugliest dogs I've ever seen, with these huge radar-dish ears on a tiny Doby head and other oddities.  Physically he takes after his father except in the matter of color.

So Little Bear is likely to be rather large, though I don't expect him to reach the mutant dimensions of Magnus and Fritz.  How protective - I can't say because of course individuals vary, but extreme territoriality would not surprise me.  All three breeds are known for being quite protective, and all his current mentors are used to letting the world know when anyone intrudes on their domain.  Most of them are inclined to take corrective measures if it's a stranger.  So my guess is that he'll grow up to be quite protective.

But right now he's just an adorable furball.  His uncles mostly tolerate him in a grumpy way unless he comes to harm, in which case they get very loud and upset until the matter is resolved.  Resolving such matters is all they think my job is about.

"babys and puppys are just the same, they start off all cute and then eat the couch."
He's entering the couch-eating phase, and I'm keeping an eye on him to minimize damage.  I don't expect to be entirely successful, but I'll do what I can.  Like probably every other puppy owner on the planet I've taken to double-tying my boots because he's already a master of ninja shoelace-fu.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:13:46 pm by Joel »
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 08:16:30 pm »

Yep

Looks like a good'un to me.

All the Best to Little Bear and his proud pappy  ....

:thumbsup:
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

DPR 2006

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2009, 01:15:36 am »

Awwwww...I just wanna give the little feller a scritch behind his fuzzy little puppy ears!!
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

Joel

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2009, 12:24:26 pm »

For some reason I am unable to post pix in TMM anymore, or at least to see them afterward.

Little Bear is growing quickly, as I suppose all puppies do.  He's a constant entertainment to me; in all my life I've never actually had a dog of my own and probably never would have if it weren't for my experience of the past few years; especially the last one.  Though his behavior is sometimes almost suicidally heedless, and he can be a real drama queen when he gets hurt or frightened, in reality he seems effectively invulnerable.  He loves hanging with his older uncles; they're considerably less enthusiastic about it but put up with him.

I took this picture yesterday during the morning Walky... 

coloradohermit

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2009, 12:31:08 pm »

Diggin a hole. Yaboy a hole. Gonna find treasure. Diggin a hole.

He's sure starting to look like his name! Gonna have to drop the "little" prefix.
Never try to teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.

What luck for rulers that men do not think. - Adolf Hitler

Lead, follow or get out of the way.

DPR 2006

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2009, 02:24:06 pm »

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I bet he sounds like a watermelon when you pat him on his ribs!

I agree with CH, you're going to have to drop the "little" in his name, probably before the year's out.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 03:05:34 pm »

Puppy breath..... Brings back memories.....
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks
Pages: [1]   Go Up