The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes  (Read 23259 times)

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes
« on: May 12, 2009, 01:19:18 pm »

Third Place - Dillinger   Various Scenes (1973)

Second Place - HOT FUZZ - The Final Scene (2007)

AND IN FIRST PLACE.....THE WINNER AND STILL CHAMPION......

THE WILD BUNCH - THE FINAL SCENE

"Come on ya lazy bastard"
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 01:48:52 pm by Secret Six »
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
Re: Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 02:05:18 pm »

Unforgiven.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SO5VO2ixWY

"Any man don't wanna get killed, better clear on out the back."

Greatest western line - EVER.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Who...me?

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 02:55:29 pm »

The creek scene in "The sons of Katie Elder"
And
The creek scene in "Tombstone"
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 03:01:03 pm »

I don't know guys, Sam Packinpah is hard to beat.

"David Samuel "Sam" Peckinpah (February 21, 1925 – December 28, 1984) was an American filmmaker and screenwriter who achieved iconic status following the release of his 1969 Western epic The Wild Bunch. He became one of the major filmmakers of the 1970s, with his innovative and explicit depiction of action and violence, as well as his revisionist approach to the Western genre.

Peckinpah's films generally deal with the conflict between values and ideals, and the corruption of violence in human society. He was given the nickname "Bloody Sam" due to the violence in his films. His characters are often loners or losers who desire to be honorable, but are forced to compromise in order to survive in a world of nihilism and brutality.

Peckinpah's combative personality, marked by years of alcohol and drug abuse, has in many ways overshadowed his professional legacy. Many of his films were noted for behind-the-scenes battles with producers and crew members, damaging his reputation and career during his lifetime. Several of his films, including The Wild Bunch (1969), Straw Dogs (1971), Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid (1973) and Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia (1974), remain controversial to this day.
~Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Peckinpah
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Ian

• aka Elf-Boy
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2009, 12:05:57 am »

Definitely "The Way of the Gun", with Benicio del Toro and Ryan Phillippe.

Here's part of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uk8f3D4zZK4
And Tomlinson took up the tale and spoke of his good in life.
"O this I have read in a book," he said, "and that was told to me,
"And this I have thought that another man thought of a Prince in Muscovy."
The good souls flocked like homing doves and bade him clear the path,
And Peter twirled the jangling Keys in weariness and wrath.
"Ye have read, ye have heard, ye have thought," he said, "and the tale is yet to run:
"By the worth of the body that once ye had, give answer—what ha' ye done?"

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2009, 12:20:18 am »

Open Range.

I love the way the fight starts out, as the supposedly best shooter in the bad guys' bunch brags about killing the dog, Kevin Costner just walks right up to him and puts a slug into his head, taking off his stove-pipe hat in the process!
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

knobster

• Come and take!
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 05:26:43 am »

Huh?  No one voted for the elevator lobby scene in The Matrix?
You will not rise to the occasion; you will default to your level of training.
In God we trust, everyone else bring data.

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 01:34:10 pm »

I LOVE The Films Of Sam Peckinpah....

THE WILD BUNCH is a Freedom Classic and shows that the forces of "Law & Order' are no better than Pike, Dutch, The Gorch Bros, and Ole Man Sykes.....

Even if The Bunch managed to survived the Final Shootout, there's really nothing left for them in the Early Part of the 20th Century and they are aging relics in a changing world....So getting blown away in Mexico was a dignified euthanasia for them :rolleyes:

The scene where Sykes and his Mexican Pals come up to Deke Thornton (Robert Ryan) after the final carnage and join up like nothing happened always brings a tear to my eyes....

And Strother Martin always steals a scene with no problem.... :laugh:

MAJOR DUNDEE is another classic where the characters go against the rules and Military Discipline to fight a war with better results...

Speaking of Tombstone, here's my favorite scene....

VIDEO LINK

And lest we forget.....

Legends of the Fall when Decker kills the cops who shot his daughter. Calm, smoking his pipe and with his beat up thermos, just picks him off from a long distance.

« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 02:02:27 pm by Secret Six »
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

dogsledder54

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 02:01:28 pm »

Gotta give a blast for the three-way gunfight scene in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly.  The man with no name (Clint Eastwood), Angel Eyes (Lee Van Cleef), and Tuco (Eli Wallach) in a circle, each waiting for the other two to draw, deciding which of their two opponents to draw on first, very original and tense.

Second place to the climax of High Noon with Gary Cooper. (Also facing Lee Van Cleef, et al.)

Third place to James Coburn for the gun vs knife fight in The Magnificent Seven.

Honorable mention to James Garner for throwing rocks in a "gunfight" in either Support Your Local Sheriff  or Support Your Local Gunfighter:laugh:
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:10:22 pm by Private Joker »

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2009, 02:06:32 pm »

Another Great Scene From TOMBSTONE.....

GUNFIGHT AT THE OK CORRAL

Who...me?

« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2009, 02:09:52 pm »

I don't know guys, Sam Packinpah is hard to beat.

While I like Sam's films IMHO the great John Ford is by far the greatest director of all time and many directors after him, including Peckinpah, drew from him vast experience as a director. His four Academy awards for best director is still not matched. Of course I my be a little biased by his long association with the best all time western star, John Wayne, who starred in 24 of Fords films.

"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2009, 02:26:40 pm »

Peckinpah also had a cameo in the original INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS as a Gas Meter Reader.... ^_^

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2009, 04:16:25 pm »

Open Range.

I love the way the fight starts out, as the supposedly best shooter in the bad guys' bunch brags about killing the dog, Kevin Costner just walks right up to him and puts a slug into his head, taking off his stove-pipe hat in the process!

From the moment Kevin Costner's character starts walking toward the gun slinger,
it's clear that the gun slinger has misread the situation and is a dead man who
just doesn't know it yet.

Open Range is a favorite of mine for several reasons. Most of the characters are believable,
the dispute is easy to understand, and in the end, the towns people find their back bone
and stand up. In most westerns, the towns people are 'rescued' by the hero, in this case
he just showed them how, and leveled the playing field a bit.

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

dubber308

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2009, 08:55:37 pm »

"Fill your hands you Son-of-a-Bitch!" John Wayne in "True Grit", reins in his teeth, sixgun firing in his left hand, Winchester shooting and twirling in his right hand, all at a full gallop towards Robert Duvall.

Another one of my favorites is in "Raiders of the Lost Ark". During the bazaar chase, Indy runs into the Arab swinging the big sword. Indy pulls out his pistol and shoots him, then turns away with that look on his face that says "Dumb ass!"
Force shites upon the back of reason. -Ben Franklin

FREEEEZE GOPHERRR!!!!!!!  -Carl the groundskeeper

I'll bring you precious contraband
And ancient tales of distant lands
Of conquerers and concubines, and
Conjurers from darker times
Betrayal and conspiracy
Sacrilege and heresy
     excerpt from Steve Earl's "I Feel Alright"

dogsledder54

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2009, 09:07:50 pm »

"Fill your hands you Son-of-a-Bitch!" John Wayne in "True Grit", reins in his teeth, sixgun firing in his left hand, Winchester shooting and twirling in his right hand, all at a full gallop towards Robert Duvall.
Yeah, that's a classic.

Another one of my favorites is in "Raiders of the Lost Ark". During the bazaar chase, Indy runs into the Arab swinging the big sword. Indy pulls out his pistol and shoots him, then turns away with that look on his face that says "Dumb ass!"
While shooting that scene, Harrison Ford was supposed to duel him with swords. But Ford was suffering from a cold, had a fever, and instead pulled the pistol and shot. Spielberg cracked up and decided to keep it in.  :laugh:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up