The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sucker Punch- Interesting.  (Read 2033 times)

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
Sucker Punch- Interesting.
« on: April 05, 2011, 05:53:56 am »

Definately a nasty dark movie, but it also has a fredom oriented undertone.  Definately written for the nintendo generation though.  On the surface you see the tennie bunnies running around in a twisted asylum.  If you look at things metaphorically however...........   A young woman who is in a wealthy family is committed to an insane asylum by a wicked sadistic step father.  The young woman has the right instincts but is untrained and an accidental death gives the step father the ability to commit her.  The story takes place over a week where the young woman figures out some of the "ropes" forms and underground and actually helps some one escape, but there is a price to be paid.......  Each step of the plan is played out as a "stage" in a game and is setup metaphorically, if you are not a thinker- it is just more cool eyecandy effects.   There are all sorts of links into pop culture, historical references, quotes, and such.  The one I liked the most was "If you do not know what you stand for, you will fall for anything"
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
Re: Sucker Punch- Interesting.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2011, 09:19:05 am »

moved sorry.....that is 2 for 2 recently........
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 09:57:33 am »

I enjoyed it, for the eye candy (what's not for a healthy male to like about scantily-clad twenty-something ladies fighting bad guys with guns and swords), but also for the anti-authority tone, lots of surrealism, and exceptional cinematography.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:59:05 am by Bill St. Clair »
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Byte Me

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 10:48:35 am »

Loved the steam punk styling.  Absolutely loved the message.  Great film.  5/5 stars! 

Byte
They'll vote themselves free at about the same time they spend themselves rich. - MamaLiberty

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 07:27:01 am »

My co-workers hated it.....I loved it!
Dark, beautiful, tragic.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

gaurdduck

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 04:49:05 pm »