The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes  (Read 23261 times)

Thunder

• Go away, boy! Ya bother me! -Foghorn Leghorn
Re: Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2009, 09:15:55 pm »

Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark against the swordsman.

Best gunfight ever.
Thunder[/color][/font]

There are times, sir, when men of good conscience cannot blindly follow orders.  -Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

Wars will cease when people start loving their children more than they love the government.

People use the term 'chaos' only when they can't see far enough to view the big picture.   -Deepak Chopra

There are no illegal guns, only illegal gun laws.

dogsledder54

« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2009, 09:17:11 pm »

Indiana Jones in Raiders of the Lost Ark against the swordsman.

Best gunfight ever.

"Never bring a knife to a GUN fight."

amagi

« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2009, 09:39:20 pm »

I liked the scene "Children of Men".  The whole army against the resistors from the prison camp.  If you watch it twice you can see where the hero gets one in the gut and never admits it till later.

My ex swore the most realistic gun fight in the movies was in "Fargo" on the parking ramp in the snow.
"I also find myself on fairly firm ground identifying good and evil without resorting to my opinion of God's opinion"
LJer Tigertoy

RightArmOfWyoming

• FREEDOM LOVER IN WYOMING
    • RADIO FREE NESTLANDIA - The voice of a two-person nation in Wyoming
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2009, 09:53:39 pm »

Mine is probably not a "PC" gun-lover's choice, because it's a totally unethical kill (as well as not even being a fight), but the "set up the dealer, kill him, rob him" scene from the dirty cops in Training Day, including shooting the cop in the vest after to provide an alibi.

I like it because that scene is so over the top.

Also that movie is mostly filmed in the Echo Park neighborhood of Los Angles, where I lived for five years, before moving out to the SoCal burbs two years ago. The one cop show I really like, The Shield, is also filmed in and around Echo Park, which made watching it totally surreal when I lived in that hood. Still seems surreal, and makes me really glad I don't live there any more.

(Though scary California is creeping and all becoming "da hood" slowly, which is part of why we're moving to Wyoming.)

But my favorite fight (non-gun) scene in a movie has got to be the ten-minute drag-out wrestling-punching match in John Carpenter's The Live.
http://thepiratebay.org/torrent/4202397/THEY_LIVE_(possibly_the_most_important_movie_ever_made)
It's amazing. Was also well parodied in "South Park" ("cripple fight!")

They Live is one of my all-time favorite movies. It should be taught in grade school. (And I wonder if that movie's idea of "The New World Order are really aliens" is where David Icke got his lizard fantasies.

MWD
« Last Edit: May 13, 2009, 09:56:47 pm by MichaelWDean »
I enjoy following politics. Sort of like how some people like football, but both teams suck.
--
"RIGHT ARM OF WYOMING" - libertarian punk rock band
http://www.libertarianpunk.com/2010/01/free-feisty-libertarian-punk-rock-mp3s-for-our-readers/

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2009, 10:36:07 pm »

Shooter

When he takes out the three bad guys with a 22 with the homemade silencer.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

dubber308

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2009, 09:50:57 am »

"Aim small, miss small." The scene in "Patriot" where Benjamin Martin (Mel Gibson) and his two young sons rescue his oldest son from the Redcoats.
Force shites upon the back of reason. -Ben Franklin

FREEEEZE GOPHERRR!!!!!!!¬  -Carl the groundskeeper

I'll bring you precious contraband
And ancient tales of distant lands
Of conquerers and concubines, and
Conjurers from darker times
Betrayal and conspiracy
Sacrilege and heresy
     excerpt from Steve Earl's "I Feel Alright"

RightArmOfWyoming

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2009, 10:00:50 am »

Red Dawn, where they shoot the traitor kid.

Not much of a fight, more of an internal fight of the one guy who can't shoot him.

I guess I don't like most gunfight scenes in movies because they're usually unrealistic: they go on forever, no one can shoot straight, not even trained soldiers, cops and cowboys; people can be heard talking during gunfire, and people can deliver lines after being shot.

Hogwash all around.

Gunfights are often over in seconds, people get shot, gunfire is too loud to talk over, and people don't usually talk much during them or deliver poignant speeches after they've been shot.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 10:06:20 am by MichaelWDean »
I enjoy following politics. Sort of like how some people like football, but both teams suck.
--
http://www.libertarianpunk.com/2010/01/free-feisty-libertarian-punk-rock-mp3s-for-our-readers/

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2009, 02:32:41 pm »

Third Place - Dillinger   Various Scenes (1973)

Second Place - HOT FUZZ - The Final Scene (2007)

AND IN FIRST PLACE.....THE WINNER AND STILL CHAMPION......

THE WILD BUNCH - THE FINAL SCENE

http://www.cinecultist.com/archives/wildbunch.jpg

"Come on ya lazy bastard"

Come on, Secret Six, what about the shootout in the El Paso hotel in The Getaway, another great Peckinpah  movie. It should have at least honorable mention alongside The Wild Bunch.  And you didn't mention Cross of Iron. 

"It ain't like it used to be, but it'll do. Sykes to Deke in the final scene.

Agreed jamie, also THE BALLAD OF CABLE HOGUE is another great Sam Flick....

Who could forget this scene from THE GODFATHER when Michael has the heads of the Five Families wiped out?

VIDEO LINK

And who can ever forget this Classic Scene from THE UNTOUCHABLES ??????

UNION STATION STAIRCASE SHOOTOUT

You got him ?

Yeah...I got him.....

Take Him !
« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 02:39:01 pm by Secret Six »
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

RightArmOfWyoming

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2009, 06:33:24 pm »

I saw a mindblowing episode of "SVU: Criminal Intent" recently with some really advanced, cool and stunning filmmaking. It had above-par writing, staging, costuming, editing, story, etc. At least for the first five minutes of the show.

Show starts with two reenactors were doing a historical presentation of the Burr / Hamilton duel in front of a crowd in a rural park. When they fire their blanks, one of them falls "dead", and people applaud. but he really is dead, shot by a sniper a mile away. The reenactor who is shot is a judge. It's got some nice twists too, including the sniper hit the wrong guy, because the reenactors had switched coats because one was wearing a bulletproof vest due to death threats, and his coat didn't fit because of it.

The rest of the show is pretty typical SVU, but that first few minutes is great.

Here's the promo for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHFWtsPNo54&feature=channel_page
--

Who...me?

« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2009, 10:28:03 pm »

"Aim small, miss small." The scene in "Patriot" where Benjamin Martin (Mel Gibson) and his two young sons rescue his oldest son from the Redcoats.

Actually good advice. The Ultimate Sniper recommends that you pick the smallest target possible. So for example you were shooting at person shaped object. Instead of just aiming for center of mass you aim for a button on the shirt or the that little piece of skin between the nose and the upper lip.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

dogsledder54

« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2009, 11:07:36 pm »

"Fill your hands you Son-of-a-Bitch!"
I call that bold talk for a one-eyed fat man.   :laugh:

Kregener

« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2009, 11:25:30 pm »

I liked Open Range a lot, but at the start of the gun fight, Kevin Costner fires 11 friggin' times from his six shot revolver! Sheesh, I hate that kind of crap.

The greatest gun fight ever captured on celluloid.
"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge.

Don't push me, and I won't push you."

RightArmOfWyoming

« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2009, 11:28:45 pm »

... Kevin Costner fires 11 friggin' times from his six shot revolver! Sheesh, I hate that kind of crap.

Yup.

Another really common one is more than two shots coming from a break-action double-barrel shotgun.

Also the fact that guns on TV and in films often only irritate people, in situations where they would harm the hell outta you. (Like when Granny on Beverley Hillbillies shoots people from 15 feet away with her shotgun and the person hit acts like they just got punched in the arm.)

Anyone here watch "Wild West Tech"? I like that show a lot.
--

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2009, 02:03:33 am »

... Kevin Costner fires 11 friggin' times from his six shot revolver! Sheesh, I hate that kind of crap.

Yup.

Another really common one is more than two shots coming from a break-action double-barrel shotgun.

Also the fact that guns on TV and in films often only irritate people, in situations where they would harm the hell outta you. (Like when Granny on Beverley Hillbillies shoots people from 15 feet away with her shotgun and the person hit acts like they just got punched in the arm.)

Anyone here watch "Wild West Tech"? I like that show a lot.

I do too, even with David Carradine's godawful jokes and puns. ^_^
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2009, 02:31:23 pm »

Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up