The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes  (Read 23260 times)

Risasi

Re: Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2009, 10:33:16 am »

Best gun fight scene; Heat 1995 - Pacino, Deniro, Kilmer and Sizemore. Hands down.

I am a Watcher watcher...

dogsledder54

« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2009, 01:14:53 pm »

When the local depties came to haul me to the slam for bouncing a check, one of them was a young, semi-portly blonde female. After I got out, I was talking with a co-worker who had witnessed a car hit a deer on the highway. He said that he stopped to help, as did the chunky deputy. The deer was injured and lying in the ditch. The deputy wanted to put the deer out of it's misery, and pulled her gun. It took her 4 shots before she hit it.
I said that the next time she comes to arrest me, I will RUN.   :laugh:

Risasi

« Reply #32 on: May 23, 2009, 05:22:50 pm »

Gee, that sounds like the Douglas County crew...   :ph34r:

gaurdduck

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2009, 05:54:05 pm »

This is one of my faves:
Kino no Tabi - Life Goes on (the movie) 1/3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEQoUFCUoN0&feature=related

I has responsible uses of firearms, good example instead of bad.
AND IS THE MOST LIBERTY ORIENTED FILM EVER!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:18:39 pm by Gaurd Duck »

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 12:18:06 am »

I guess I don't like most gunfight scenes in movies because they're usually unrealistic: they go on forever, no one can shoot straight, not even trained soldiers, cops and cowboys; people can be heard talking during gunfire, and people can deliver lines after being shot.

Hogwash all around.

Gunfights are often over in seconds, people get shot, gunfire is too loud to talk over, and people don't usually talk much during them or deliver poignant speeches after they've been shot.

Hollywood is mostly full of crap.  As is most of what's on tv these days.  And it's biased,  as will no doubt be covered elsewhere on this forum in other threads,  so I won't get into the biasing issue here.  Which is why I don't watch much tv,  and all too often when a show starts out talking some kinda technical (whatever the tech) they go along good for a while and then all of a sudden the character starts spewing techobabble,  complete and utter nonsense.  The actors carry it off,  and most people don't know any better (which in itself is a sad commentary on the level of eductation in our society,  also covered in other threads),  and they get away with it.

This is a lot of why I don't pay much attention to this stuff,  and in fact I almost didn't bother with more than the first page in this thread.  Not to mention the OP being on "ignore" from where I sit since he can't seem to help posting on and on about movies and tv shows that aren't particularly relevant to what this place is all about,  and pictures to illustrate his posts,  which also may or may not be particularly relevant.

Only so many hours in a day,  and our days are all numbered,  and personally I ain't got the time to waste on this sort of crap.  And it doesn't bode well that so many of the rest of you do.  :-(

Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2009, 01:13:01 am »

The "house-cleaning" scene in Last Man Standing/i], where Bruce Willis goes through a house of one mob to rescue a hottie belonging to the other gang.  I loved the way he drew both guns, and just started shooting, dropping empties, and reloading.  Way cool.  Unrealistic, to be sure, but still way cool.
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

Evenglischatiest

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2009, 05:58:44 am »

It was an old Clint Eastwood western.  Not only do I not know the name, but the final gunfight was the only scene I saw. Clint (whoever he was playing) was walking down the street, toward what I assume was the bad guy.  Presumably the bad guy's marksmanship was central to the plot.  As Clint was walking, the bad guy was shooting at him.  Every shot clearly hit him, in the chest.  Every time he got hit, he'd say something like, "If you want a man to go down, you have to hit him in the heart."  By the time he got to the bad guy, he was out of bullets.  Clint reached into his shirt, and pulled out a piece of steel about the size of his fist, with six dents in it, and dropped it on the ground.  After that, I don't even remember if he shot the guy.  But it's still my second favorite gunfight.
Anyone know the name of that movie?

Eastwood is, coincidentally, also the target in my favorite gunfight.   "The Gauntlet."
Possibly the least realistic scene ever filmed.  But...  My father's a bus driver. :threvil:

Fast forward to about 5 minutes in.
"Commence firing."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGY3yr2dEo&feature=related

Risasi

« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2009, 08:13:32 am »

The first Clint Eastwood movie you reference is "A Fist Full of Dollars", Last Man Standing and Fist Full are both re-makes of a Japanese Kurosawa movie called Yojimbo. Part of Sergio Leone's "Man with no name" genre.

---

The Gauntlet sucked. 100+ cops shooting and they were too dumb to shoot out the tires...er, cops too dumb to shoot the tires...maybe it is more realistic than I thought?

Evenglischatiest

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2009, 02:54:36 pm »

Thanks.

I actually have a copy of "Fist Full of Dollars," but I never got around to watching it.  I guess now I have a reason.

gaurdduck

« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2009, 05:48:01 pm »

Well there were no guns, but the whole Zatoichi movie was just soaked in blood and guts. And the old blind guy kicks ass.

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2009, 07:44:44 pm »

Well there were no guns, but the whole Zatoichi movie was just soaked in blood and guts. And the old blind guy kicks ass.

I was disappointed in the new Zatoichi movie, having watched the old ones from the 60s.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

gaurdduck

« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2009, 07:51:26 pm »

I'm not sure which one I saw. I didn't know there was more than one.

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2009, 06:04:00 pm »

http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=zatoichi

This is the old guy I remember.  They still show these old movies on Saturday mornings on IFC channel on DirecTV.

"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

gaurdduck

« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2009, 07:26:52 pm »

I guess I saw the new one.

Who...me?

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2009, 09:53:52 pm »

They still show these old movies on Saturday mornings on IFC channel on DirecTV.

I totally grew up on Saturday's Kung Fu Theater. My brothers and I would watch the double feature and then go outside and beat on each other.

Whew...I actually just got all misty eyed remembering back 30+ years to those free for all bouts in the back yard.  My older brother used to say to me "Lets spar". Which, contrary to what it says in the dictionary, actually means "Come my young brother. Let us adjourn to the outside where I will beat you unmercifully about the face and head"

One particular day I got a lucky shot in and knocked him on his butt. By the time he decided to try again it was too late. I was to strong for him. Puberty and the schools wrestling program doing wonders for my core strength and confidence.

Ah the good old days. I wish I still had half the energy I did then.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up