The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes  (Read 23684 times)

MsSage

Re: Your FAVORITE Movie Gunfiight Scenes
« Reply #60 on: August 22, 2009, 06:38:10 pm »

The new 3:10 to yuma last scene....YES I cried  and hated the movie after LOL

Tombstone is a "better" Earp movie BUT Wyatt Earp is closer to the what really happened.
But then I am a bit partial and have the benifit of family stories to help.
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

gaurdduck

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2009, 08:43:06 pm »

Quigley Down Under.
All shooting scenes, in the whole film.

penguinsscareme

• Keeper of the red button
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2009, 01:59:45 pm »

The new 3:10 to yuma last scene

O yea.

The last thirty or so minutes in Saving Private Ryan, trying to hold the bridge.  Best and worst, really.
Desperado..."I am looking for a man called Bucho.  That is all.  But you had to do it the hard way."
The shootout in front of the bank in front of Public Enemies -- really good sound editing.  Very gripping.  A little too real, actually.
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

Sportos, motorheads, dweebies, wastoids...they think he's a righteous dude.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2010, 02:42:42 pm »

Quigley Down Under.
All shooting scenes, in the whole film.

Forget the shooting! *Sigh* Tom Selleck...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

gaurdduck

« Reply #64 on: February 16, 2010, 07:50:10 pm »

If Unintended Consequences were a movie...
Well, d***, I'd like all of 'em again. lol

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #65 on: February 19, 2010, 04:06:53 pm »

The "house-cleaning" scene in Last Man Standing/i], where Bruce Willis goes through a house of one mob to rescue a hottie belonging to the other gang.  I loved the way he drew both guns, and just started shooting, dropping empties, and reloading.  Way cool.  Unrealistic, to be sure, but still way cool.

He was actually trying to be realistic.  It is the first movie that actually had shooting scenes I could respect.  I was kind of amazed that at least 1 of the goons didn't manage to get a bullet into him tho'

The other one I appreciated was Blackhawk down.  Spray and Pray VS aimed shooting.  Other aspects were good too, close proximity to a gun firing........   The failure of an ambush where dad failed to properly instruct his kid, and died for it.   Several other situations.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 04:09:20 pm by Rarick »
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

gaurdduck

« Reply #66 on: February 19, 2010, 04:10:45 pm »

In The Patriot, the part at the beginning where Mel Gibson's character goes Rambo on the redcoats and rescues his eldest.

Rarick

« Reply #67 on: February 19, 2010, 04:12:27 pm »

Also that one where a married couple is undercover with each other because they are assasins.  I think it was "the smith's" or Mr and Mrs Smith?
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2010, 04:32:43 pm »

RARICK - Yes, Mr. and Mrs. Smith...

PKL - I love the Patriot and was so perturbed at all the "too violent" comments. Makes me cringe that folks like that would just allow someone to take their child(ren) away from them without a fight...

Didn't Pulp Fiction have some good fight scenes?

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

Rarick

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2010, 05:23:18 pm »

The Gay S&M?  the only gunfights were an accidental discharge, and a lazy assassin getting separated from his gun when he was in the crapper.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #70 on: February 22, 2010, 01:54:19 pm »

If it's okay to intrude again, and if it's okay to stray a tad away from guns, then I would like to say that I absolutely love "House of Flying Daggers."

gaurdduck

« Reply #71 on: February 22, 2010, 03:35:07 pm »

I love that movie. I also like a Korean one called The Warrior.

But back to guns.

I like these scenes from Kino's Journey*:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEQoUFCUoN0&feature=related
(Cuts down tree with a machine gun and shoots assailant at some point during this 30 minute movie, post apocalyptic genre, eng-sub)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fp2pJrzFff8
(Gunfight from TV series)

*(also called Kino no Tabi, the most positive TEOTWAWKI scenario I've ever seen on film or tv.)

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #72 on: March 08, 2010, 02:04:49 pm »

Godfather I, Godfather II and Godfather III

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #73 on: March 08, 2010, 02:05:59 pm »

Reservoir Dogs

Goodfellas

jeremy mcilroy

• Finding Sanctuary, libertarian science fiction
    • Finding Sanctuary Book
« Reply #74 on: March 19, 2010, 11:52:30 pm »

The gunfight in Heat when they rob the bank and run into the police out in the streets. The whole scene was actually shown to my class in the USMC School of Infantry as an example of the correct way to fire, move, and provide supporting fire for your buddies.
Jeremy McIlroy, author of Finding Sanctuary, a libertarian science fiction novel.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up