The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I've wanted these for years  (Read 5146 times)

penguinsscareme

• Keeper of the red button
I've wanted these for years
« on: May 21, 2009, 05:19:07 pm »

« Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 05:26:19 pm by penguinsscareme »
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

Sportos, motorheads, dweebies, wastoids...they think he's a righteous dude.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

penguinsscareme

Re: I've wanted these for years
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 05:30:50 pm »

The upper one, you've seen in my sig line for years.  The lower one is an engineering symbol that you would commonly see on something like an electrical schematic -- it means "resistor."
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

The utter waste of our $2,000,000,000 a day military-industrial machine was never demonstrated more vividly than on 9/11.

You do what works.

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 05:31:16 pm »

The lower one is an engineering symbol that you would commonly see on something like an electrical schematic -- it means "resistor."

That's beautiful. That works as a metaphor on several levels.

* It's not likely that anyone who understands the symbol will 'get it' in a political context.

* The resistor opposes power regardless of frequency, unlike inductors and capacitors, which resist
   some frequencies of power, but not others, and end up storing power in their own right.

* Resistance to power generates heat.

Bear

"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 05:50:34 pm »

The upper one, you've seen in my sig line for years.  The lower one is an engineering symbol that you would commonly see on something like an electrical schematic -- it means "resistor."

:thumbsup:

I especially like the "resistor" tat.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

livinright

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 06:27:35 pm »

Very nice penguinsscareme!

Doggone it, now I've got the hankerin for some new ink. Luckily the ol man is a tattoo artist, (amongst all his other talents).

We do barter btw.  :rolleyes:   I know, wrong thread......

Love the tag line btw....

:)

penguinsscareme

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:13:50 pm »

Don't know if anyone has been following the case of Sam Dodson (clicky), but I've been going to visit him in jail every week ever since he's been in there.  In a nutshell, he's basically being held indefinitely until he waives his right to remain silent.  There's a whole lot of other detail, but that's what it pretty much boils down to.  And I've been hearing all about the ways in which they try to break you down, both physically and mentally, in their Kafka-esque system, and that's what inspired me to finally go and get these.  And I must tell you, the difference I felt was powerful and immediate.  It is so empowering to have these symbols marked on me indelibly.  Now I have these constant reminders to help me keep in the front of my mind at all times what I am and what I stand for.  I can see myself someday being in Sam's position (and don't ever think that it can't happen to you, even if you don't go looking for it), and I have some idea of how hard it is and would be to keep one's resolve up day after day after day.

Whatever you hold sacred, whatever creed by which you live, I strongly urge you to consider getting it in ink.  Be forewarned, though -- it's highly addictive.  Before the artist had even finished the first tattoo, I was already thinking of other things I want to get.
O Lord,
Thine Ocean is so great,
And my boat is so small.

You do what works.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2009, 08:36:52 pm »

When next you go to visit Sam .... Please let him know that some of us have not forgotten. (?)

Would that I were wealthy I would send him lawyer money .... [How much "lawyering" can I get for $5.00 ?]

Does he want books ?

Is he still not eating ?
Has it been a month already ? Yikes !
He must be eating again ....

Is there a PayPal addy for snacks from the "gedunk" ?

Thanks PSM
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

dogsledder54

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2009, 08:43:08 pm »

Those are really good for prison  tats.
 ^_^

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2009, 11:14:27 am »

Your first tat picture reminds me of a major practical reason (other than that I don't want to) I could never let a tattoo artist near me with needles and ink...

A good friend taught a commercial art class in a tech school in Oklahoma.  This was many, many years ago.  One of his favorite students had a superb natural talent as a cartoonist, which my friend encouraged.  Being a kid, a lot of the art in his portfolio was derivative as hell, but still very good.  I recall he'd worked for several days on a poster-size piece, very colorful, of an Enterprise-like bridge scene, populated with all sorts of fantastical alien creatures.  It was superb.  And above it was the following caption:

Caption's Log:  Star Date [some imaginary stardate]

Spelled just like that.  I almost didn't have the heart to tell him.  And every time I think about getting myself graffitied tattooed,  I think about that piece of ruined art and say, "Nah."   So I guess I admire your courage in taking that plunge.

The second one is kinda cool.  Nobody outside our particular box will ever figure it out on his own.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Roy J. Tellason

• Techy Kinda Guy and Serious Bookaholic
    • Roy J. Tellason's Home Page
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2009, 12:18:58 am »

* It's not likely that anyone who understands the symbol will 'get it' in a political context.

Hell it ain't!    :-)

Member of the toughest, meanest, deadliest, most unrelenting -- and ablest -- form of life in this section of space,  a critter that can be killed but can't be tamed.  --Robert A. Heinlein, "The Puppet Masters"
--
Information is more dangerous than cannon to a society ruled by lies. --James M Dakin

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 02:59:18 pm »

Whatever you hold sacred, whatever creed by which you live, I strongly urge you to consider getting it in ink.  Be forewarned, though -- it's highly addictive.  Before the artist had even finished the first tattoo, I was already thinking of other things I want to get.

*Sighs* Yes they are addictive. I have two and want more but DH is adamantly against it. However, he has been receptive to the idea of me getting something that's dedicated to the twins. / I'm glad you described the bottom pic because I was thinking something way off base from the real meaning...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks
Pages: [1]   Go Up