The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bozeman Tea Party July 04, 2009  (Read 3801 times)

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
Bozeman Tea Party July 04, 2009
« on: May 27, 2009, 10:19:46 am »

There will be a large freedom rally at Bozeman, Montana, on the 4th of July this year. It's a Tea Party. We are working to make it twice as large as last month's Tax Day Tea Party. There are various ways that TMM and JRC members can help with this. Please contact me by PM here if you're interested in helping. And please spread the word about the Tea Party - bring family and friends for a stirring event!

Also, there will be a TMM mini-meet-up on the weekend of the 04th of July, 2009, near Three Forks / Bozeman. Stewart the Yalie will be here on the 03rd for a TMM campfire, in case any of you would like to come visit and toast marshmellows (or twinkies!). Saturday morning we'll rally at 10:00 a.m. at the Bozeman Library on East Main Street for a march through downtown to the Court House, where Stewart will speak and conduct an Oath Keepers ceremony. There will be other activities after that event, and we're now thinking up plans for a Sunday "working-brunch" where we can have more informal visiting over lunch/brunch somewhere west of Bozeman, perhaps around Three Forks.

More laters....

Salute!
Elias
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

freewoman

Re: Bozeman Tea Party July 04, 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2009, 07:22:08 am »

There's an article on the Tea Party in the Bozeman Chronicle today.  Here's the link:

http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/articles/2009/06/03/news/10teaparty.txt

The usual bogus comments about how business will suffer, etc.  WTF?  Most businesses will be closed!  It's a freakin' national holiday, and a Saturday to boot.  I made a comment and would encourage others to do likewise.

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:42:20 am »

There's an article on the Tea Party in the Bozeman Chronicle today.  Here's the link:

The usual bogus comments about how business will suffer, etc.  WTF?  Most businesses will be closed!  It's a freakin' national holiday, and a Saturday to boot.  I made a comment and would encourage others to do likewise.

Yeah, the opposition is up at arms already, lol! Lilly-livered little statists!

Stewart will be on Henry Kriegel's Open Range this afternoon. (Thursday, June 04, 2009) It's KMMS AM1450, Bozeman, Montana. Stewart will be on during the 5-6 p.m. hour, (mountain time zone). Out of range? Get it as live streaming at kmmsam.com. I'll try to get Stewart's appearance on Henry's show recorded. I'll also try to get a call into the show, lines permitting. This one-hour special on Oath Keepers will be wonderful.

Salute!
Elias

freewoman

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 07:01:48 pm »

Got to listen to the show; Stewart did a great job!  Elias and a couple of other Oathkeepers got on the air.  I'll cross-post on the Oathkeepers part of the forum.  Great job, y'all!

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2009, 02:00:27 pm »

Got to listen to the show; Stewart did a great job!  Elias and a couple of other Oathkeepers got on the air.  I'll cross-post on the Oathkeepers part of the forum.  Great job, y'all!

Hey, freewoman! Glad you got to listen to the show. I agree with you - Stewart did a great show with Henry Kriegel. And I must thank Henry for a good job of hosting Stewart.

There is a lot of interest in Oath Keepers right now in the Bozeman area. Bozeman has been infested with people who are statists - they're moving in from other places and seeking to change Montana in ways which shall inevitably degrade Montana and turn it into a statist mecca. They go to the polls and use their combined political power to change laws here, such as the numerical speed limit or the "open container" laws. They want the state government to focus on changing other peoples' behavior. They seem to want to increase governmental power and install in Montana a miniature version of the Federal travesties. And now they want to pervert the message of the Tea Parties and the Oath Keepers. A division is being seen in the people here, primarily between the good ranchers and farmers and their neighbors, and the statists. The Tea Party coming up this 04th of July (2009) is bothering the statists. Voices are now rising in the local media, reflecting this attempt to change the traditional Montana attitude.

And then along comes Stewart.... lol!

Dang, but he sounded great. He was ready to give solid answers and explanations to all questions, and did so with impressive mastery of the situation.

After Stewart's appearance on the show, I went to the Tea Party committee meeting and witnessed the vote to affirm that Stewart will speak at the 04th of July Tea Party. Very nice.

Thank you, freewoman, for tuning in. I appreciate your support.

Salute!
Elias

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2009, 02:07:34 pm »

So, is the march also a go?  Or is the folks swooping down on city hall that was mentioned scheduled for Monday?
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2009, 02:19:29 pm »

I'm not going to register for their site just to answer this butthead, but this comment hacked me off:

" i support anyone's right to protest anything they want. But don't you see the irony and hypocrisy in protesting taxes and then asking the gov't to spend tax dollars to make your protest easier? Are we living in an episode of the Simpsons or perhaps Family Guy? To me, that just makes your demonstration null and void. Just have your tea party, and quit whining to everyone that it's too hard without gov't help. sheesh. "

The reason for asking government to "make your protest easier" is to get their PERMISSION to block the street without thugs with badges arresting people.  How about this...  The government will do NOTHING.  As long as that includes NOT arresting people for blocking the streets themselves, I'm sure the organizers of the even could manage to find volunteers to put on reflective vests and direct traffic themselves.  It's not rocket science, and doesn't require any spending of stolen tax dollars.

The only reason the tea partiers are asking permission to do this is so they can do this safely without being HARASSED by government officials for peacably assembling.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard
Pages: [1]   Go Up