The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Poll

What is the most ideal State to live in?

Idaho
- 0 (0%)
Montana
- 4 (50%)
Oregon
- 0 (0%)
Washington
- 0 (0%)
Wyoming
- 1 (12.5%)
Utah
- 0 (0%)
Texas
- 2 (25%)
Arkansas
- 0 (0%)
New Mexico
- 0 (0%)
Colorado
- 0 (0%)
Alaska
- 0 (0%)
Oklahoma
- 1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: June 11, 2009, 10:54:22 am

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Ideal Place to Live in the United States  (Read 10906 times)

tex703

Ideal Place to Live in the United States
« on: May 28, 2009, 10:54:23 am »

All ten choices take into account gun laws, growing season, population density, tax rates, land area of state, and wildlife.

Mad Wet Hen

Re: Ideal Place to Live in the United States
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 12:57:25 pm »

All ten choices take into account gun laws, growing season, population density, tax rates, land area of state, and wildlife.

I believe Oklahoma is a very good state to hide there are still good size pieces of land for sale. These areas are not well populated either. The land is pretty well covered in woods.
I have GOD and GUTS one thing left to go.
God protect my little girl soldier as she does what she thinks is right. Keep her safe in the monthes to come as she prepares to go over seas at the will of teptb please make sure that he that sends them odes his part by making sure they have all the equipment and food they need. AMEN.

Kregener

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 02:32:10 pm »

Arizona is not on the list!
"Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well may not be another. So here is us, on the raggedy edge.

Don't push me, and I won't push you."

BladeGuru

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2009, 06:24:56 pm »

Neither is Missouri or Arkansas.... strange.

Montana is too cold. Arizona and Texas are too hot. Something temperate and year round for me.

cole

• Son of Liberty
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2009, 07:57:23 pm »

Oregon's got a pretty good climate.  If I move back there when my wife and I are done with the army, I'd like to move eastward -- the state is really like two states.  Western Oregon has the population centers and all the liberal hippy types, but eastern Oregon is still, in many respects, the wild west.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home... We ask not your counsel nor your arms... may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
   Samuel Adams, 1776

incognito91564

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2009, 08:25:19 pm »

Arkansas is on the list (as I view it) ... however it got 0 votes!  :(

I like it in Arkansas.  Relatively mild winters (just a bit of snow) nice springs but humid summers.  This summer it seems like it's rained non-stop (not that I was there for it but...)  On the plus side, the garden my youngest son darn near killed and I left to "do it's thing" after he left turned out to be eye opening!  Most everything was "dead" when we went out on the road the beginning of July.  We stopped by the house yesterday and OMG!  Tomatoes, Basil out the wazooo, Green Peppers, Jalepeno Peppers and Banna Peppers too!  I was amazed!  For a "test run" I'd say it was a success.

But I adore Arkansas.  Friendly folks, nice weather and PRIVACY.  Gotta love it.
For good or ill, your conversation is your advertisement. Every time you open your mouth, you let the world look into your mind. - Bruce Barton

icbkr

• Lord of the Files
  • We're gonna need a bigger boat.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 09:41:58 pm »

Pennsylvania should be listed as well.  Most of the state is still open, the gun laws are just fine, and so long as you stay away from the cities, all is well.  Water, land, wildlife.  Winters aren't too terrible, and really a joke the last decade.  I think I plowed twice last winter.  Twice the year before.  Gardening is a bit of a chore, depending on the land you get, but even the clay is workable.  Far enough from nuke targets, close enough to attend protests in DC.  Lots of TOO wandering in from East, but that's just making me eyeball the interior more, not want to leave entirely.

icbkr
Pen, sword, meh.  If I kill the guy with the idea before he gets to relate it, the sword wins.  Again.  Memes are highly overrated.

Hillbilly123069

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2009, 11:19:26 pm »

Oklahoma would be easy to live off the land anywhere in the eastern half of the state.Lots of wilderness and fresh water springs.Texas seems too close to major industrial areas and border drug wars.Montana?The US geological society states that all the factors are present for a major volcanic eruption in the heart of Yellowstone.It just needs a trigger such as a moderate earthquake to set it off.I would mention that the popular scientific opinion is that if/when this happens,the leftover 30 mile wide caldera from the last time,points to everything from that point east will be roasted or buried.Tx and Ok smoked too.
http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/supervolcano/email/transcript.html
http://www.history.com/content/megadisasters/natural-disasters/volcanoes

http://volcanoes.usgs.gov/yvo/
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 11:38:02 pm by Hillbilly123069 »

canadian

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2009, 12:47:48 am »

Why isn't New Hampshire on the list? Granted, I'm not the most knowlegeable on these things, but I know at least the firearm laws are fairly permissive.
Istum enim est bellum quibus necessarium, et pia arma ubi nulla nisi armis spes est.

gaurdduck

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2009, 02:13:07 am »

I vote Alaska.
If you are far enough from towns and other settlements, then it is like living in Anarchy.

jessme

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 06:40:59 am »

Isn't there a freedom loving state without blizzards in the winter?

icbkr

• Lord of the Files
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 08:08:52 am »

Why isn't New Hampshire on the list? Granted, I'm not the most knowlegeable on these things, but I know at least the firearm laws are fairly permissive.

It's cold as hell and surrounded by hostiles?  I'm just guessing, cuz they represent well up that way, but nobody pushed the state earlier.
Pen, sword, meh.  If I kill the guy with the idea before he gets to relate it, the sword wins.  Again.  Memes are highly overrated.

Hollywoodgold

• You can trust them to be them...
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 08:12:39 am »

8 votes doesn't represent much of anything in terms of an expression of preference for hundreds of Foum members/participants. Why was the poll closed after 8 votes?

Seems odd to me but I guess thats just me talking.
"Democracy must be something more than
two wolves and a sheep voting on what to
have for dinner."

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 08:31:01 am »

The Ideal Place to live is obviously Anarc-astan.
I've been there once, but I can't find my way back.
(I believe the residents have been removing the road signs.)

"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

icbkr

• Lord of the Files
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 08:53:25 am »

8 votes doesn't represent much of anything in terms of an expression of preference for hundreds of Foum members/participants. Why was the poll closed after 8 votes?

Seems odd to me but I guess thats just me talking.

It was closed because glorious leader wanted it closed.  Now up against wall!  No questions!
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up