When the SHTF
- 1 (3.2%)
Soon, but "things keep coming up"
- 10 (32.3%)
When I win the lottery
- 8 (25.8%)

Total Members Voted: 27

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: GET OFF YOUR ASS & MOVE TO A MORE-FREE STATE NOW, NOT A YEAR OR THREE FROM NOW!  (Read 33909 times)

MsSage

Make sure you are willing to accept what you dish out......Do unto others ya know ,Advice to young men but not willing to accept advice since it was not delivered the way you wanted it.
I dont need a Mod to handle things for me.
Have a Nice Day
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.”
Thomas Jefferson

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty

Let's not allow tempers to get out of hand here, please. :) I suspect we are all in agreement that telling people what to do is both impolite and counter productive. It's just that we all have different ideas about what that means.

Tone of voice, body language and so many other human signals are missing here in cyberland.

I'm grateful to Michael for sharing his perspective - which is all I read into his original post - and for that of every other person who responded to it. I don't see any real disagreement about content, just little details.

And, as for mere words being aggression... I fail to see how that is possible on a forum. Nobody can force anyone else to read it.

The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

RightArmOfWyoming

• FREEDOM LOVER IN WYOMING
    • RADIO FREE NESTLANDIA - The voice of a two-person nation in Wyoming

Tone of voice, body language and so many other human signals are missing here in cyberland. ...

I'll turn on my webcam so people can see that I'm screaming, smashing the computer with my fist and frothing at the mouth.  ^_^

Not really. I'm actually pretty sleepy today, and slightly amused.....with everything in the world today. In a good way.

MWD
I enjoy following politics. Sort of like how some people like football, but both teams suck.
--
"RIGHT ARM OF WYOMING" - libertarian punk rock band
http://www.libertarianpunk.com/2010/01/free-feisty-libertarian-punk-rock-mp3s-for-our-readers/

RightArmOfWyoming

...You dont know the what or why someone is not in a free state....

There are no free states. There are only less-free states, and more-free states. And if the current administration succeeds in all their goals, there will be no differences in any states, only federal laws will apply in all states.

How? First they wreck the economy (mission about half accomplished). When it gets to the point where many people will give up anything for a bowl of soup, how free will the few be who won't? Or will we just die trying?

But hey! Somehow I'm apparently now a stockholder in a car company. I wasn't when I went to bed last night. Nice!

MWD
I enjoy following politics. Sort of like how some people like football, but both teams suck.
--
http://www.libertarianpunk.com/2010/01/free-feisty-libertarian-punk-rock-mp3s-for-our-readers/

Today's Tom Sawyer

• Extremist
  • His mind is not for rent, to any god or government

I'll turn on my webcam so people can see that I'm screaming, smashing the computer with my fist and frothing at the mouth.  ^_^

Dude, do it!  It'll be a riot on youTube.   :thrbiggrin:
"If you are unable to separate neighborliness and kindness, loyalty and friendship, family ties and goodness from the statist politicians actions on behalf of no one but themselves, and if you fail to grasp the fact of the peaceful, productive, non-voting, kindly, helpful neighbours on this forum, then you have read little and thought less."  --feralfae
"When they bust down your door, 'It's TIME!'" --Pvt. Joker
“Don’t mess with an armed woman buying tampons!” --MWD

RightArmOfWyoming

Dude, do it!  It'll be a riot on youTube.   :thrbiggrin:

Nothing I do on YouTube gets many hits. I speak my mind too much for the target demographic.

Here's about as frothy as I get:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI_UeSd0X8s
(frothing starts at 42 seconds in.)

Here's a little commercial Debra Jean and I made for NH FSP when we were thinking of moving there, before we really thought about it a lot and decided on moving to Wyoming:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd8ihmk1YUM

MWD
--

Today's Tom Sawyer

• Extremist
  • His mind is not for rent, to any god or government

:sign10: :sign10: :sign10:

Oh, man, that was funny!  And your kitty is a Norwegian Forest Cat, right?
"If you are unable to separate neighborliness and kindness, loyalty and friendship, family ties and goodness from the statist politicians actions on behalf of no one but themselves, and if you fail to grasp the fact of the peaceful, productive, non-voting, kindly, helpful neighbours on this forum, then you have read little and thought less."  --feralfae
"When they bust down your door, 'It's TIME!'" --Pvt. Joker
“Don’t mess with an armed woman buying tampons!” --MWD

RightArmOfWyoming

And your kitty is a Norwegian Forest Cat, right?

Our gay brother cats are, we think, part Maine Coon. We're pretty sure the tiger one is.
http://www.debrajeandean.com/GayCats/index.htm

They're all from rescues, so we don't know for sure.

The other one, Charlie Squitten Jr, is a tortie of some sort.
--

RightArmOfWyoming

Oh, man, that was funny! 

Thanks!

These three are pretty funny too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc1eW7D42t4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYj6aeb4s2k&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RDw9yx7gEM

That last one has had over a million hits, but I didn't write and direct it. My friend Alan did. But DJ and I did the voiceover for it.

Alan is half my age and "gets" today's youth. I tend to try to avoid today's youth.  :laugh: (just kiddin')
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 07:25:30 pm by MichaelWDean »
--

iloilo

:laugh: :laugh:
As one who has been moved and resettled for a long time, I'd say to anyone and everyone: do the best you can for yourself.  Only you can know what you need to do and the right time to do it.
Good, solid, feet-on-the-ground planning before you jump is a good thing.
Knowing when it is right for you to do anything at all is a good thing.

Do not let the enthusiasm, prior actions, or thoughts of others cause you to do other than what you know to be best for you.
I doubt that anyone on this board is less dedicated to liberty and doing what they can than any other person.  We each have our own way of making our moves, and it is individualism, personal reasoning, personal timing, and individual decision-making that count, not what anyone else says or does.

I trust each of you to be making your moves the best you reckon how, in your best time, with your best thinking.
Anything else is just being part of the herd or following for the sake of following, and not thinking for yourself. 

I know enough of you here for some time to know you will do the right thing at the right time.
Sometimes, when a person gets a burr under their saddle, they want everyone to join the whoop-up trail.  Stay your own course.  For those of you already in place, good for you.  For those of you working on it, good for you.  For those of you helping others, good for you.
We each of us gets to where we are going our own way, in our own time, under our own energy and resources.
Hang in there.
ff 

RightArmOfWyoming

Good, solid, feet-on-the-ground planning before you jump is a good thing.

Good point.

Though, conversely, when I was younger some of my best moves (geographically, and in general) were very spur of the moment.

Sometimes it's just having a good feel for which waves you can ride to glory, and which ones will kill you.

MWD
--

dogsledder54

Can't move at the present time. My plans are; bug in for now, get completely out of debt- will happen within 1 year, buy land- already looking at where to go- not yet at any one location.
We have been planning this move for a little over a year. And we have already moved cross-country several times, so we know how to do it.
We thought that the most recent move would be the last one, but circumstances have changed.
Actually, we are prepping for it now.
As if it concerns anyone else anyway.
No offense, but nosy neighbors and people telling us what we should do are the problem with this place.
Yo Mama.  :wub:

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.

MWD

Once a punk rocker, always a punk rocker.

We each of us gets to where we are going our own way, in our own time, under our own energy and resources.

ff

True, so true.
The more liberty oriented the person the less they respond to anything but the most gentle persuasion.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome

The more liberty oriented the person the less they respond to anything but the most gentle persuasion.

Unless she's really hot.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.

Unless she's really hot.

^_^
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up