The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Of Obastard.com, new prescriptions and things that need done...  (Read 2853 times)

2ndA

• Constitutional Minarchist
  • Out of the loop

I'm around much because they put me on some new drugs. While I am in no less pain I do sleep a lot more, thus I don't care about the pain as much. I suppose that works out. What time I am awake I've spent around Obastard and on ebay trying to sell off parts of my Jeep project.

Now while I doubt any of you can help with the latter it is time to ask for help with the former. While watching myself write in my Blog is fun the purpose of Obastard.com is not to Blog away. There's plenty of people doing that. The idea behind the site has always been to establish a clearing house of Obama's antics. A one-stop-shop for people who need info on what he's done, who he has been linked to, what he has said, etc. The sorts of thins most people Just *know* they remember but can't remember where they saw/heard/read it. Especially when they need it for a debate with some Obamaphile.

I've established the Index page. What I need are more topics for that page and all the stories, with sources, you can give me so I can catalog them all, starting with...his "birth"? His Senate race? Whatever story first brought him to your attention... If you can't find the specific news items anymore then give me what data ytou can and I'll do the research. I hope to include the WayBack Machine as a means of preserving things so I don't have to always be chasing links as they fail, too.

You can do it here, though that might get kind of annoying for a lot of reasons, or you can do it on the blog(which I hate but I'll make do with), or you can use the obastard forum. Whatever floats your boat.

Also, I appreaciate any links you will give from any sites you have, and will link back to any libertarian or conservative political site or blog in return.

Thx
ScottLC
www.obastard.com
One of the original TMM Gang of Ten(ish), and proud of it

There comes a time in every man's life
When all you can see are the years passing by...

dogsledder54

Re: Of Obastard.com, new prescriptions and things that need done...
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2009, 03:54:50 pm »

If "Obastard" is a reference to the president, I believe that his parents were legally married at the time of his birth. Surely you can think of an insult that is TRUE, can't you ?
Besides, even if it WERE true, children are not responsible for their parents' marital status when they are born. I've always considered it grossly unfair to tag someone with that particular name when THEY had absolutely nothing to do with the circumstances of their birth.

One more thing, while I'm calling you out. Even though many babies of ALL races are being born out of wedlock, including perhaps a majority of black babies, I feel that it is wrong, and RACIST, to associate Obama with illegitimacy simply because he is black. 
*climbing back down from my soapbox*

If I am wrong about any of this, please feel free to rebut.

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 06:12:41 pm »

PJ, the use of the term "bastard" seldom has anything to do with the status at one's birth these days. I usually take the word to mean a person with no morals or integrity, doing dastardly things to others.

That tends to describe every politician and bureaucrat I've ever known...
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

dogsledder54

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2009, 07:19:05 pm »

PJ, the use of the term "bastard" seldom has anything to do with the status at one's birth these days. I usually take the word to mean a person with no morals or integrity, doing dastardly things to others.
That tends to describe every politician and bureaucrat I've ever known...

Then why not another term, like tyrant, asshole, or shithead ?

P.S.- what does everyone else think about my post ? Am I being too sensitive or what ?

Edit in Red
« Last Edit: June 13, 2009, 07:23:35 pm by Private Joker »

LJEddy

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2009, 07:28:57 pm »

Well, you did make fun of someone who is transgender getting a sex change in another post. When is it okay to be a bigot? Only when it's supposed to be funny?
I don't know. Personally, I don't see the term bastard as being any worse than the other words you listed. But then my nickname is "Sailor Princess" and I have quite a "vocabulary" and to me they're just words.
Peace
J
My barn having burned to the ground, I can now see the moon.~Japanese Haiku

Re-examine all you have been told...Dismiss what insults your soul.`~Walt Whitman

No one ever is defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality. ~Napoleon Hill

dogsledder54

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2009, 08:01:28 pm »

Is making "fun" of someone being a bigot ? Don't we all make "fun" of our friends, family, and especially our mates ? I certainly do.
Did I make disparaging remarks about Chaz Bono ? I DID draw a moustache on him. But I don't recall saying anything BAD about him. But if I did, I apologize.
No matter, if I DID slander him, is it ok to call Obama "Obastard" ? I also stuck up for Bush sometimes, who I didn't like. That didn't make me any new friends either.

LJEddy

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2009, 09:07:32 pm »

Is making "fun" of someone being a bigot ? Don't we all make "fun" of our friends, family, and especially our mates ? I certainly do.
Did I make disparaging remarks about Chaz Bono ? I DID draw a moustache on him. But I don't recall saying anything BAD about him. But if I did, I apologize.
No matter, if I DID slander him, is it ok to call Obama "Obastard" ? I also stuck up for Bush sometimes, who I didn't like. That didn't make me any new friends either.

I guess, in the end, it may be all in the eye of the beholder. I'm not trying to pass judgement here. Still friends? :wub:
My barn having burned to the ground, I can now see the moon.~Japanese Haiku

Re-examine all you have been told...Dismiss what insults your soul.`~Walt Whitman

No one ever is defeated until defeat has been accepted as a reality. ~Napoleon Hill

dogsledder54

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 09:18:43 pm »

Of course !
Pages: [1]   Go Up