The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Machete  (Read 9598 times)

slidemansailor

• Moderator Group
  • A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves
    • The Bitterroot Bugle
Re: Machete
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2009, 06:50:35 pm »

I had a corn knife fan talk me into one of them. Mine is a bit shorter and slightly thicker than my machetes. It didn't serve me as well as the longer-bladed machete... and I do have a favorite one of them that is thicker and holds a better edge than the cheap ones.

If you don't work for liberty,  you don't get it.

http://BitterrootBugle.com/

dogsledder54

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2009, 06:58:08 pm »

Whatever your preference, I would be buying more of your favorite bladed tools, because our fascist government (Democrats and Republicans) is taking away our freedoms, both at the federal and state levels.
And be sure to email your reprehensiblesrepresentatives on the proposed assisted blade regulation change by June 21st.

Check this out:        http://safecastleroyal.com/item_421/The-WASP-Injection-Knife.html

Edit in Red
« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 08:48:15 pm by Private Joker »

gaurdduck

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 12:35:19 am »

Just bought a ColdSteel Latin Machete a week ago, It is on back-order and when it gets here I'll test it out on some weeds in the backyard and let u know how great it is.

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2010, 01:11:26 am »

I've got a Cold Steel Bad Axe.  It's supposed to be a thrown weapon, but it's quite handle-able as a melee weapon.  Some time ago, I used it to take out some frustrations on a defenseless pine 4x4.  The blade bit quite deeply into the wood, and I got about 1/3 through the post in less than a half-dozen swings.  I imagine that one could use it as a slashing weapon, striking weapon, or a stabbing weapon.

Here's what it looks like:

Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

kirgi07

• Moderator Group
  • Acting as a Curmudgeon unless otherwise specified.
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2010, 06:39:39 pm »

I have a Cold Steel machette.It's handle is 3+ft long and the blade is 16in.Plenty of leverage and retains it's edge well. Ought 7.
If you look like food you will be EATEN.

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2010, 07:22:11 am »

While these aren't Woodmans Pals they are way better than WallyWorld junk.

http://www.ltspecpro.com/machetes.html

The owner of the company is Lynn C. Thompson and he is a big supporter of freedom.

Also known as Cold Steel..........

I own several woodsmans pal (s) and have used them.  I can easily 1 shot my way thru 1" blackberry cane, with effort 1" mesquite will cut too.  It held its edge very well. I have used the flat to bang nails, and have split kindling with it.
http://www.garrettwade.com/product.asp?pn=18N11.50 for a picture. (I found one WAY cheaper, 30$ cheaper, poking around on the internet.)

The hook on the back of the blade allows you to do 3 things, move debris from your work (poison oak/ thorns), reach out to hook and trim branches, an improvised Atlatl.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

blacksmith

« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2010, 04:34:14 am »

The Woodsman's Pal reminds me of a Yorkshire Bill Hook.

If I was making a machete, I would use mild steel, and I would make it about 1/4 inch thick.

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2010, 05:14:05 am »

I'll presume you mean something like 1018 rather than that A336 crap that's nothing more than rolled "whatever comes out of the crucible"
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

gaurdduck

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2010, 11:16:17 pm »

It's here!
My 22" Latin machete is larger than I imagined but I'm okay with that.
It balances in the center of the blade about 11" from the handle, and weighs about 3 lbs.
The color on the blade appears to be baked on like a skillet's seasoning.
The blade has a nice temper and is flexible enough to give a little when striking dense brush.
I've not been well the last two days and when I feel better I take it out and cut down some weeds in the backyard.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2010, 08:46:36 am »

It's here!
My 22" Latin machete is larger than I imagined but I'm okay with that.
It balances in the center of the blade about 11" from the handle, and weighs about 3 lbs.
The color on the blade appears to be baked on like a skillet's seasoning.
The blade has a nice temper and is flexible enough to give a little when striking dense brush.
I've not been well the last two days and when I feel better I take it out and cut down some weeds in the backyard.

Is it the Cold Steel model?
Either way, 'Be careful with that ax, Eugene.'
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4488671888968650349#
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Winston

• Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2010, 12:15:49 pm »

Good suggestions in here!

I saw a video the other day about a cool machete modification:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVHeKNbRXgc

(he has a lot of other cool videos on his channel, including how to make the mods)

gaurdduck

« Reply #26 on: February 18, 2010, 12:59:16 pm »

Good suggestions in here!

I saw a video the other day about a cool machete modification:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVHeKNbRXgc

(he has a lot of other cool videos on his channel, including how to make the mods)

That was cool. I faved and subscribed.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2010, 10:23:54 pm »

If I was making a machete, I would use mild steel, and I would make it about 1/4 inch thick.

Then you would have a short sword/sword!
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

blacksmith

« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 03:03:25 pm »

Then you would have a short sword/sword!

Or a galok, parang, bolo, itak, binagon, or talibong.  The point being that a heavier blade would allow cutting of more woody material, and a medium steel, say 35 points or less would allow sharpening with a file.  Alternatively, you could harden and temper only speicific portions of the blade.

gaurdduck

« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2010, 03:21:40 pm »

The woodsman's pal reminds me of this:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/2935/6192zf6.jpg
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up