The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No matter how bad things are, pessimists know it's even worse than that!  (Read 1689 times)

CoolAunt

I received the following in response to someone I shared the Oath Keepers URL with.

Oath Keepers, at first, sounds like a good idea. But you have to realize how
it comes across to those in the service - on active duty at present. (The
effect on retirees is not as important, for obvious reasons.) The very
existence of 'Oath Keepers' constitutes a deeply disturbing criticism of our
nation and its military services. It says, correctly, that the good old USA
is one sick, sick nation. And it implies that the military are not
loyal to their oath - which generates intense resentment from the vast
majority of them. Finally, it smacks of insubordination and loss of

As I read that, I could hear the voice of Droopy Dawg saying in that montoned, Droopy Dawg way, "We're all doooomed."

Jack Milone akafinger

--finger puts face in hand--
Sounds like that came from someone who thinks he understands the Oath to the Constitution but does not.

"Generates intense resentment from the vast
majority of them."??????
"Insubordination"??????

"And it implies that the military are not
loyal to their oath"????

Here is a quote from me from another post I made here.
It has to do with people In the Army Reserve that I work with.
There are people in my unit who believe what is going on in this country is right and would probably be an "enforcer" for free.
Others would do it for the power trip alone.
And others that would do it for fear.
And yet others who would do it because they just don't understand their duty and think that they must follow all orders they are given.

Not everyone in the military I know can be made to understand what is right.
Most just don't understand the oath.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2009, 02:45:36 pm by finger »
"There are routes not to be followed,
armies not to be attacked, citadels not
to be besieged, territory not to be fought
over, orders of civilian governments
not to be obeyed."

--Sun Tzu--

oxi

Do not get discouraged, their will be those on active duty that will get orders to kill U.S. citizens and they will not think twice about doing it.  This happens all of the time.  Not everyone understands why they are fighting or what they are doing it for.

If they do not understand their oath then they should not be on the front lines defending it.  Without the Constitution their is no U.S. and I just think our horrible public education system is at fault here.

"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

Who...me?

Do not get discouraged, their will be those on active duty that will get orders to kill U.S. citizens and they will not think twice about doing it.  This happens all of the time.  Not everyone understands why they are fighting or what they are doing it for.

If they do not understand their oath then they should not be on the front lines defending it.  Without the Constitution their is no U.S. and I just think our horrible government run public education system is at fault here.

Fixed that for ya.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

Scratch

• The camera never blinks.
    • Tricorn Hat

I'd say the pessimists are the people who have already sold their 'hardware' and ammo, put their long-term-storage food on Ebay and lined up for vaccinations...God love ya'
'the greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding.'

Supreme Court Justice Louis Brandeis

CorbinKale

• Oath Keepers

I don't think the existence of Oath Keepers generates intense resentment for the active duty military who intend to honor their Oaths. He either doesn't understand his Oath, or he never bothered to read and understand the Constitution he swore to support and defend. Ignorance won't be much of a defense.

I hope he can get over his intense resentment and educate himself.
A free man doesn't beg permission to exercise his Rights.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • Moderator Group
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag

Keep in mind that we have had in this country the Prussian Model public education system for Many years.
The idea being to lower the standards and "dumb down" the average intelligence so as to create a working class and military cadre that will accept orders without question and follow those orders to the letter.
Individuals using independent thought are branded "trouble makers" and selected out and vilified publicly.
It makes a great object lesson ... right ?
"Don't Think, Follow Orders, Big Brother is Watching YOU."

Then add the effect of 60 years of visual propaganda programming .... {What time is American Idol coming on  ? } and you have an almost complete hold on the psyche of the country as a whole. You can even redefine words and phrases to mean whatever you want in public with a straight face.

Neat Huh ?

Comrade Marx would be pleased as punch.

I think it sucks and needs to be countermanded. 
But then who's ever heard of some "right wing extremist wing nut" named gooch for crying out loud ?
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III
Pages: [1]   Go Up