The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Oathkeepers some suggestions..  (Read 6390 times)

MacCoinneach

Re: Oathkeepers some suggestions..
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 07:05:10 pm »

If you are not satisfied with the Oath Keepers blogsite and organization Please do feel free [as of course you already are] to go elsewhere and start your own organization.

Oath Keepers is set up the way it is for a reason.
The reason is obvious.

"What can I do from here?"

Reach, Teach and Inspire.

Read and absorb the DOI, the Constitution and the Bill of Rights.

Become "Free" in your own mind and "Live the Message".

Let me tell you why I made the suggestions I did, also I asked for criticism, not a invitation to leave.

I have been spreading the word about Oathkeepers as I am very concerned about my country and the course it seems to be on. As such, since I have a extended network of military and LEO within my community that I have also received feedback from them as to what they experienced from visiting said blog.

Response 1 from a 30 year LEO/Vietnam vet "Seems like they just want me to give them money"

Response 2  from a Latino active duty Marine  " Looks like a bunch of old white men looking to keep their guns"

Response 3 from a retired Navy Officer " Hmm what political party is backing this front? Republicans?"

Response 4 from a active duty Army SSgt. " Another crackpot militia eh?"

So I do not make the suggestions I have without reason.  I come here as a concerned American veteran that is willing to help if even by just offering suggestions and you respond by telling me where the door is? If this is modus operandi of the core of oathkeepers membership then perhaps I am very mistaken about what this organization actually is. I'd be glad to spread the word if that is the case.

Not to mention, having Oathkeepers forums (a voluntary group of concerned vets and leo's) hosted by a site named the "Mental Militia" is not very appealing to those who were taught through the media that militia's are "bad"  does not really help gather the support it should have. I'm sure the All American Inner City Youth who have taken the oath are going to be very interested in joining a survivalist forums...sigh. Think big man, this is not a game.

*edit* For the sake of redundancy I went back and looked at the declaration of orders on the blog and this excerpt is exactly why I made the suggestions that I did ...

The mission of Oath Keepers is to vastly increase their numbers.

We are in a battle for the hearts and minds of our own troops.
Help us win it.

I cannot help you if you do not want it.

Hey, I am relatively new and got scolded for trying to organize something here. 

I am at the point where just posting and talking at a tea party is just not enough.  The conspirators and the bankers are continuing with their agenda while the U.S. public just sits there and takes it.

I would like to meet people to discuss issues, news and at least do something and to prepare.  Lone cells will not accomplish anything.  Local knowledge is best!

What I think is more of us should talk about what to do when "martial law" is imposed, how will we convince the state and local police to ignore orders to round people up and detain them, what happens if the internet is shut down and all other forms of communications?  Short wave radio the answer, HAM operators? 

The message I get is that most fear the federal government, they fear attracting too much attention that the spooks will come and get them and so forth.  This is precisely why some form of organizing needs to happen.  Lone cells will be pegged off easily by the system, machine or whatever you want to call them.  The police state will be organized and they will have a mission and orders, what would we have in return but to hide and run for cover.

The day may come when armored police cars will be marching down the road (hypothetical folks, c'mon) and what will the lone cell and a hunting rifle gonna do in that situation let alone backed by air support with choppers?  Police state will win!

We are not making battle plans but if the shyt did hit the fan, what do you do, where do you go, where is the rally point, what forms of communication will you be listening too, how will you move around?  Just some questions that lone cells will not be able to answer.

You must understand that we can have our political views, our opinions on what to do when the shyt hits the fan, and so forth.  However, that is NOT what Oath Keepers is about!  If you are hitting resistance here, it is for a reason.  We are not trying to organize into an armed and ready survivalist organization like John Connor in the Terminator.  While many of us know in our heart of hearts that armed conflict may become a reality in the future (whether near or far).  We are not here to promote that!  Please go and read "What We Are Not" to gain an understanding.  If the mission of Oath Keepers is successful, then the tree of liberty will not have to be watered with the blood of patriots and we will live in a Constitutional republic.  If those who have ever taken the Oath KEEP it; if they do that ONE thing, then we will see a return to the Constitutional Republic.  Believe me when I say that I have strong opinions in regards to current events and how we got here and what we should do about it, but I can not and will not let that muddy the waters of the "simple" message of Oath Keepers. 

Perhaps we can further discuss what you are wanting in another forum outside Oath Keepers?

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 07:45:11 pm »

OathKeepers is primarily about PREVENTING TSHTF by not obeying orders that would cause it to happen.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Basic Rifleman

« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 08:18:03 pm »

I did not come here saying"You need to do this or that, grab your torch and pitchfork!!".  I was trying to nicely imply a few things which I did not see anywhere either here on these boards, (which I dont care to come too because the word militia in the header has the NSA and DHS query servers lighting up, and I dont need them trying to get past my firewall thanks) , or on the main blog. I'll be honest, Im a bit put off by the community here.

Good luck with your endeavors, and remember Sun Tzu never had the internet!

Semper Fidelis

Jack Milone akafinger

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 09:00:43 pm »

I did not come here saying"You need to do this or that, grab your torch and pitchfork!!".  I was trying to nicely imply a few things which I did not see anywhere either here on these boards, (which I dont care to come too because the word militia in the header has the NSA and DHS query servers lighting up, and I dont need them trying to get past my firewall thanks) , or on the main blog. I'll be honest, Im a bit put off by the community here.

Good luck with your endeavors, and remember Sun Tzu never had the internet!

Semper Fidelis

I'm sorry your leaving without understanding and/or caring for the Idea of Oath Keepers.

Sun Tzu never had the internet!

But if he did he would be an Oath Keeper and hang out in this forum :)

"There are routes not to be followed,
armies not to be attacked, citadels not
to be besieged, territory not to be fought
over, orders of civilian governments
not to be obeyed."

--Sun Tzu--
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 09:03:10 pm by finger »
not to be obeyed."

--Sun Tzu--

oxi

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 03:50:55 am »

OathKeepers is primarily about PREVENTING TSHTF by not obeying orders that would cause it to happen.

How can you prevent anything?  In order to prevent you will have to confront the politicians like writing letters, holding rallies.  If they do not hear your voice they will assume you have given in and they will continue with their raping of the Constitution.

Is Oath Keepers confronting police across the country?  Are they asking questions about respecting their oaths because when the shyt hits the fan these police units will be following their orders, I do not think Oath Keepers running up to them with literature when they are fully armed and have orders will do any good.  What are we doing to eduacate the police now before they get their marching orders from the federal government?

Who said anything about rounding up with guns to fight?  We need action and some intelligence now before its too late.
"Dissent is the highest form of patriotism."

Jack Milone akafinger

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 04:36:11 am »

How can you prevent anything?
Get out and talk to all the police, military, and veterans you can. I know I am and I'm sure most others here are also.

Is Oath Keepers confronting police across the country?
Yes and if you believe in the O.K. idea you should also.

I do not think Oath Keepers running up to them with literature when they are fully armed and have orders will do any good.
I also think that then would be to late SO all of us must start NOW.
not to be obeyed."

--Sun Tzu--

Bernie

• 3rd Herd
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 07:10:27 pm »

STF
That stands for Search The Forum.
Those that are new to the forum do not take the time to read older posts and see how we arrived, where we are.  As the forum grows in length it will only get worse.  Nor can we expect anyone to read days upon days worth of posts. 
The new website looks great and I am sure a forum of our own is in the works.
The recruitment issue is more of a reminder to those that have already taken the oath, that they have taken an Oath.

I am many things to many people.  Here I am an Oath Keeper.  I do not impose my other personas and agendas that I have, here.  Focus is everything and here the focus is that of reminding veterans that they took an oath to the Constitution of the United States of America and not some New World Order.

Well that is my Rant and I am Sticking to it!    :tinfoil:

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 11:09:17 pm »

How can you prevent anything?

by creating doubts in the minds of TPTB as to whether or not their orders/dictates will be carried out, or instead ignored or deliberately disobeyed
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

oxi

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2009, 05:58:28 am »

I do not impose my other personas and agendas that I have, here.  Focus is everything and here the focus is that of reminding veterans that they took an oath to the Constitution of the United States of America and not some New World Order.

And what is Oath Keepers trying to do?  They ram a list of 10 orders they will not obey!

That is trying to impose an agenda upon someone else bud!

Now word is tea parties are starting to fade out, why?

Nobody is organized is why!

The federal government is winning as usual, prepare to hand over more rights soon!

oxi

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2009, 07:00:55 am »

I think the problem with most on this forum and why they fear to organize is because your approaching it the wrong way.

It seems that organizing according to you guys is gathering everyone as they can around with camo and guns to prepare to fight.  That isn't the case.

We are not at war but we all realize the enemy is out there and getting ready to strike and without a plan or organization you will never succeed with running up to federalized police units with a piece of paper telling them to not obey 10 orders as a lone cell.

Tea parties are failing because they are not organized.  They cannot retain members interest and hope is lost as the federal government becomes ever more powerful.

The key is to educate and inform, is their anybody out there gathering intelligence, watching budgets, paying attention?  Right now we have lone cells out there that occassionally report on things and post them and a few posts and that be that.  Nothing is ever done about it or tracks back for updates, it is all forgotten and lost.

If OK is to educate and inform, who is keeping records of everything, new laws, court cases, budgets, planned exercisies, new spying technologies and so forth so we can continue to educate and keep members coming back?

We should be gathering this intelligence on the enemy so we are better prepared because when they strike the internet will be closed and most communications!  Then what?  What goes from there?  And lone cells will go into hiding as the federal government wins the war with little resistance and they will find you anyway to get you into their database and so forth!

As I have stated before we should be gathering intelligence right now and be ever watchful of what they are doing and documenting as much as we can to their tacticts and manuevers as we educate the sleeping society of sheep!

Did I mention guns, camo or high-profile meeting places?  No!  Much like your local Lions Club or other groups like that is how you get it done, not with lone cells!

Mad Wet Hen

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2009, 09:25:00 am »

You have a good point, but no one has that much time by themself. Everyone of us are still trying to get our supplies together. What we could do is break it down into groups. Like one group keep and eye on food supplies in stores across the U.S., one on weapons and ammo, one on new laws,  and one on the health front you know bio warfare which from what I have heard the flu bug H5N1. It has been speculated that it is more then we all know. if we do this and if there is a list of those that will do all the checking on each of these things then everyone will know what is going on. With all the data we will have a better picture of what is going on and how to work together to fight this thing. I don't like feeling I am one crying in the wilderness and I am having a hard time finding proof of what I am hearing. The reason for a group of people for each of these task is so that if one or two have computer trouble or get sick the flow of info will not stop. Also if they are in different parts of the country they will be harder to find and shut up.  The ways things are going I will only be able to be an underground railroad station. I am a great shot not to blow my own horn, but have gotten a quail on the fly with a .22 rifle. (I had forgotten that my husband had the shotgun and I was to keep a look out for snakes.) Can't protect with out a weapon but I am checking out other ways to protect without having to buy anything or use a gun.
The sleeping bull finally wokeup and found that he should have listened to me 9 years ago. Now we are in a hurt. I was able to safe back 5 days of emergency food in nine years for he was giving the food to some of the kids that refused to work for it. 
I have GOD and GUTS one thing left to go.
God protect my little girl soldier as she does what she thinks is right. Keep her safe in the monthes to come as she prepares to go over seas at the will of teptb please make sure that he that sends them odes his part by making sure they have all the equipment and food they need. AMEN.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2009, 10:48:29 am »

Maybe tea parties have run their course and it is time for something else. There is no institution that should outlive it's usefulness. Time for something new. The problem with bureaucracy and organization is that things and ideas tend to get enshrined that should have been let go a long time ago. If they are no longer functional, why keep them on life support through use of the institutional inertia of bureaucracy? Somebody thought up tea parties, somebody thought up Oath Keepers, somebody thought up something else. Come up with an idea. If you'll take my advice you'll keep it simple and fun, not over think it or over organize it.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Jack Milone akafinger

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2009, 02:47:41 pm »

I do not impose my other personas and agendas that I have, here.  Focus is everything and here the focus is that of reminding veterans that they took an oath to the Constitution of the United States of America and not some New World Order.

And what is Oath Keepers trying to do?  They ram a list of 10 orders they will not obey!

That is trying to impose an agenda upon someone else bud!

Now word is tea parties are starting to fade out, why?

Nobody is organized is why!

The federal government is winning as usual, prepare to hand over more rights soon!

I think the problem with most on this forum and why they fear to organize is because your approaching it the wrong way.

It seems that organizing according to you guys is gathering everyone as they can around with camo and guns to prepare to fight.  That isn't the case.

We are not at war but we all realize the enemy is out there and getting ready to strike and without a plan or organization you will never succeed with running up to federalized police units with a piece of paper telling them to not obey 10 orders as a lone cell.

Tea parties are failing because they are not organized.  They cannot retain members interest and hope is lost as the federal government becomes ever more powerful.

The key is to educate and inform, is their anybody out there gathering intelligence, watching budgets, paying attention?  Right now we have lone cells out there that occassionally report on things and post them and a few posts and that be that.  Nothing is ever done about it or tracks back for updates, it is all forgotten and lost.

If OK is to educate and inform, who is keeping records of everything, new laws, court cases, budgets, planned exercisies, new spying technologies and so forth so we can continue to educate and keep members coming back?

We should be gathering this intelligence on the enemy so we are better prepared because when they strike the internet will be closed and most communications!  Then what?  What goes from there?  And lone cells will go into hiding as the federal government wins the war with little resistance and they will find you anyway to get you into their database and so forth!

As I have stated before we should be gathering intelligence right now and be ever watchful of what they are doing and documenting as much as we can to their tacticts and manuevers as we educate the sleeping society of sheep!

Did I mention guns, camo or high-profile meeting places?  No!  Much like your local Lions Club or other groups like that is how you get it done, not with lone cells!

You really are in the wrong place for this stuff.

You need to start a group/organization that deals with that stuff. Who knows maybe I'll join.
I agree with you on a lot of your points but it is not for here.

None of that is what Oath Keepers is all about.
not to be obeyed."

--Sun Tzu--
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up