The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: New book in the works  (Read 21639 times)

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
New book in the works
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2003, 03:49:31 pm »

You might think about putting some internet links in your gun section, too.  I'd suggest the following:

www.graybeardoutdoors.com - Graybeard's Outdoor Forums.  Plenty of good people and info, probably one of the best sites regarding T/C Contender and Encore info out there.
www.huntamerica.com - HuntAmerica message boards.  Again, good people and info covering all spectrums.
www.sigforum.com - The Sig Forum.  Nuff said.
www.rugerforum.com - The Ruger Forum, again, self-explanatory.
www.1911forum.com - 1911 Forum.  Need I say "nuff said" again?
www.ar15.com - AR-15.com Forums.  Mostly populated by AR-15 owners, but they have plenty of other sections and gobs of info.
www.falfiles.com - FAL message forum.
www.loadyourown.com - Has forums and handloading data.
www.logicsouth.com/~lcoble/password/firearms.html - Frugal's Firearms File Library.  Lots of information, some useful, some not.
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

Sunni

New book in the works
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2003, 10:57:02 am »

Hey, scarmig, no fair giving her ideas from the book I'm working on!  :lol:

Just in case any humor-impaired folks swing by, that was a joke. Claire and I have talked about our respective projects, and see them as complementary rather than competition.

The really good news is that y'all will have lots of good stuff to spend your FRNs on!  ;)

Scarmiglione'

New book in the works
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2003, 12:42:08 pm »

Don't worry Sunni, I'll just write up my ideas and post them on the internet for FREE MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Actually I'd like to get Elias to sit down and write a journal, starting about 8 years ago.  But that ornery old coot couldn't get past the first day without gallavanting off on some 20,000 word philosophical rant-tangent.   ;)  
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

Augustwest

New book in the works
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2003, 01:32:07 pm »

Dunno if this will make sense (seems to be that kind of day), but not too long ago I was re-reading the part in either "101 things," or "Don't Shoot" advising the yout' of today not to accept the debt burden that's been set up for them to deal with. That's good stuff.

I'm not sure there's really a way to do this, but thinking about that passage makes me think, "corruption of blood." I can't quite tie the two concepts together. But maybe someone more mentally agile than I could. Kids should know how badly they've been sold out by their parents' and grandparents' "crimes."
\"May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one.\"  - Capt. Reynolds

enemyofthestate

• Banned
New book in the works
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2003, 01:44:32 pm »

I'm not sure there's really a way to do this, but thinking about that passage makes me think, "corruption of blood."
More like "Original Sin" with each generation adding to the burden and passing it down the line.  When (if) the Fedgov goes belly up. I hope the generation alive then just tells the creditors, "You made a contract witha government and got screwed? That's your problem not mine.  Here is <last current president's name> address.  Go take it out of his hide."
Mystical man values human life.  Rational man values the ability to value human life.
--Stephen Carville

Atheist   n.   A person to be pitied in that he is unable to believe things for which there is no evidence, and who has thus deprived himself of a convenient means of feeling superior to others
-- Chaz Bufe, The American Heretics Dictionary

Misfit

New book in the works
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2003, 08:06:05 pm »

Just a note to Claire, Sunni...whoever else is a writer here...
I do proof-reading/editing and would be happy to do that pro-bono provided that 1) I don't get dumped on all at once with an unreasonable deadline 2) I get a copy..ah, heck... "signed copy"... of the published book. I proof-read/edit for published writers, but can't really tell you who as it would "blow my cover" (not that they're well know, but I am in the acknowledgements)...we can discuss that off list if it comes to you wanting to take me up on my offer and you really need to know who I am. My reasoning for offering is that I assume you're not hitting the New York Times best seller list and raking in the big bucks, but you have a very important cause and I have an ability to offer to help in that capacity. It also lets me get sneek peeks of what's in the works.  ;)
Personally, I tend to buy a good number of copies of the books I work on to give out to people too... :P

Misfit

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
New book in the works
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2003, 11:14:41 pm »

Don't worry Sunni, I'll just write up my ideas and post them on the internet for FREE MWUHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Actually I'd like to get Elias to sit down and write a journal, starting about 8 years ago.  But that ornery old coot couldn't get past the first day without gallavanting off on some 20,000 word philosophical rant-tangent.   ;)
Scarmy, I heard that, danggit!

I've been watching this thread, and I just had a feeling...... it looked to me like everyone was havin' too much fun..... I wuz afraid someone would get carried away......shor'nuff, you did it! Dang!

So now I'm an "onery old coot", eh? Hurmph! If I had three good secretaries and four good women, I'd show ye a fine-assed "20,000 word philosophical rant-tangent" right now!  It could be on any topic, from those little brown tweety birds and the drunken think-tank lizard from TMM's Intelligence Division, to cheat-sheets on Dr. Laura's Feducation test, y'kno? Tha more I think on it, the more I'm thinkin' to just let you have both barrels, danggit! I could make you read through six pages of highly-classified testosterone-poisoning research from the clandestine labs of MEInk, or mebbe I could just send you an update about our shipment of tan berets which the CIA intercepted and re-sold at Disneyland to innocent children no less....or something. Maybe have you go over my currently-metamorphosizing screed about the conference-call interview I recently had with Rush Limbaugh and Michael Savage (topic was, oddly enough, a new release from DEA concerning recent upgrades in the War on Drugs).

But you wuz talkin' about a journal, right? So's maybe I'll just shoot my toy back over at your side of the marble circle and let you square up on a round Apache-tear by suggesting that we both get together and make up a danged journal ourselves. Heck, think of all the stuff we could make up if we wuz to work together on a journal!

But then again...... naw! Nobody would believe a danged word of it. But if you did want a journal out of me, I might commit to it under two conditions: A-- You first do up a journalistic entry about that time me 'n you 'n Bark 'n Innervioced 'n justme all got together in a southwestern state fer one high ol' time! lol! What a nice little get-together that was! :) And B--we try all over again to figure a way to save all those old threads on the LG board, hehehe. Dude, have ye any idea how much material is sittin' on that old trojan trunk? Holy smoley! Why, just last night I wuz readin' up on a little of juggle-drop's mischief. Jeez, but the likes of 2A 'n Markn 'n jmaynen and Proto-Goth and, well, you know all of 'em----damn! What a pile of material! So anyway, them's my terms. You help me by startin' off with an accounting of TMM's Texas Conference, and try to explain to my one remainin' mental molecule just how justme wuz archiving copies of the LG board's threads, and I'll do a journal with ye. Fair enough?

Well, mebbe they's just one more teensy weensy little thang.... looky here, Mon.....can you try to show me some respect on public boards, eh? I mean, Scarmy, "onery old coot" just ain't quite dignified enough for a danged Revolutionary General! Respect, dammit, respect! Show me a little respect! Hell, it ain't my fault we ain't got the danged revolution off the ground yet; but you can bet your last sixpack we'd already be revolutionizing ta beat sixty if I could just get the troops to show me some respect! And btw, pass that along to Proto-Goth next time she quits malingerin' long enough to show up, k?

I wuz gonna talk yer ear off, but I just got word that Fort Shell has some kind of new op goin' down back in Memphis, and Little Johnnie Potseed needs a landline. I'll let ye off easy this time, well short of a 20,000 word philosophical rant-tangent.  Ye got lucky..... :rolleyes:

Hugs to tha wife 'n the squidlet,
Elias  
"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
New book in the works
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2003, 11:34:23 pm »

"onery old coot" just ain't quite dignified enough for a danged Revolutionary General!
How 'bout cussed old curmudgeon? :P

(Ah, but I know Elias has the heart of a poet ... and I see ladylearning, pretty much a poet herself, knows it, too. Elias, whatever anybody calls you, you're a rare old bird.)
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

Elias Alias

• Administrator
  • TMM
New book in the works
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2003, 11:50:35 am »

"onery old coot" just ain't quite dignified enough for a danged Revolutionary General!
How 'bout cussed old curmudgeon? :P

(Ah, but I know Elias has the heart of a poet ... and I see ladylearning, pretty much a poet herself, knows it, too. Elias, whatever anybody calls you, you're a rare old bird.)
Wal, I guess "cussed old curmudgeon" might work, part-ways anyway; I'm prolly at least *that*.....still, it has a ring of bein' something less than "respect", and I'm noticin' that I still ain't gettin' no respect! I gotta find me a way to command some dangged respect!  But heck, us Revolutionary Generals have always been called "old_*something*", so I reckon I can live with that, considerin' that I AM old, hehehe! (And Claire, have you ever noticed how much good youthful energy is wasted on the young? Ack!)

Maybe I'll spend today trying, as I go about my rounds, to conduct myself by default into your second title: "rare old bird". I think I could like that, it sorta strikes me as something people might say about General Smedley Butler, USMC, or General Ray Davis, also USMC. Here's a couple of links fer those rare old birds:

http://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

http://www.avidd.org/

Both of those highly-decorated USMC Generals figured out, (like myself, a bit late in life), that war is a racket and that the IRS is an "enemy within". That makes 'em both "rare old birds", methinks. I'd be pleased to be one of those. (That's why I'm tryin' to start-up a dangged Revolution.....heck, a General has to DO something, y'kno? lol!) Anyway, if I turn out to be a rare old bird, I'm hopin' to find my nest somewhere near Hardyville, maybe in an aspen glen on the slopes just outside town.....

LOL! Mornin' Claire! Hope you're stayin' warm over there. I got a fire goin'  in the wood-burnin' stove, and coffee, and I'm tryin' hard to figure some reason to NOT go to work today, hehehe; seems I'd druther hang around here and visit with all the nice folks who drop by; but alas, mebbe I'd best get on down the road to town and see if there's a few bucks' worth of work to do today. In parting, allow me to thank you, and all the other troops, fer calling me anything BUT a "Number"! lol!

Salutes, M'am!
Elias

"Heirs to self-knowledge shed gently their fears..."

Scarmiglione'

New book in the works
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2003, 01:19:20 pm »

Scarmy, I heard that, danggit!

I was hoping to get your attention!

I've been watching this thread, and I just had a feeling...... it looked to me like everyone was havin' too much fun..... I wuz afraid someone would get carried away......shor'nuff, you did it! Dang!

So now I'm an "onery old coot", eh? Hurmph! If I had three good secretaries and four good women,

I think there's a lawsuit in the statement somewhere....  

I'd show ye a fine-assed "20,000 word philosophical rant-tangent" right now!  It could be on any topic, from those little brown tweety birds and the drunken think-tank lizard from TMM's Intelligence Division, to cheat-sheets on Dr. Laura's Feducation test, y'kno? Tha more I think on it, the more I'm thinkin' to just let you have both barrels, danggit! I blah make you read blah six pages of blah-classified testosterone-poisoning research from blah clandestine labs of MEInk, or mebbe I could just send you an update about our shipment of tan berets which the CIA blah blah re-sold at Disneyland to blah children no less....blah something. Maybe blah you blah blahgo over my currently-metamorphosizing blah blah blah conference-call interview I blah blah blah name-drop blah blah (blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah).

:ph34r:

But you wuz talkin' about a journal, right? So's maybe I'll just shoot my toy back over at your side of the marble circle and let you square up on a round Apache-tear by suggesting that we both get together and make up a danged journal ourselves. Heck, think of all the stuff we could make up if we wuz to work together on a journal!

A mess?  Probably just end up with a bunch of twinkie wrappers stapled inside a scrap book.  "And this is when we talked about it the concert you went to!  And that there was from when you dropped the blunt in the sink!  And this one was from that convenience store that we circled four times on foot to avoid the cop!"

But then again...... naw! Nobody would believe a danged word of it. But if you did want a journal out of me, I might commit to it under two conditions: A-- You first do up a journalistic entry about that time me 'n you 'n Bark 'n Innervioced 'n justme all got together in a southwestern state fer one high ol' time! lol! What a nice little get-together that was! :)

Hey did you ever crack that bottle I sent you?  I have one or two left and they have smoothed out considerably since I tried to poison everyone that night.

And B--we try all over again to figure a way to save all those old threads on the LG board, hehehe. Dude, have ye any idea how much material is sittin' on that old trojan trunk?

There is probably a way to do it.  But it would not be an online archive.  It would have to be on a CD.  I'll keep it in the back of my head.

Well, mebbe they's just one more teensy weensy little thang.... looky here, Mon.....can you try to show me some respect on public boards, eh? I mean, Scarmy, "onery old coot" just ain't quite dignified enough for a danged Revolutionary General! Respect, dammit, respect! Show me a little respect!

How's this fer respect.  I'm thinking I got me enough credits built up that I might be able to slip away fer next year's grand-ole-conclave.  Whatch-yoo-think-u-them-taters?

Hugs to tha wife 'n the squidlet,

Yup.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2003, 01:21:16 pm by scarmig »

Dead Parrot

New book in the works
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2003, 09:22:54 pm »

Claire,

First let me thank you for the books and articles you have produced over the years.  They have been a tremendous morale booster for a cynical old anarchist like me.  

I'd like to toss in my two Pfennigs on ideas for your new book.

1) Urban/Burb Self-Sufficiency.  Most articles deal with what rural folks can do, but I'd like to see more about what apartment dwellers can do to improve their lot (besides moving).

2)  Computer Savvy - To echo a couple of other posters, I'd like to see an update of the work you've done on encryption, backing up data, passwords and security and preventing F Troop from getting anything from you during a secret, warrantless patriot act search.

3)  Cache Update - Caching is SO important, and I'd like to see you write about this more.
If anything, you can encourage people to do it, because they're going to NEED it someday.  Not just full blown buried SKS's and clothes, but mini-cache "escape and evasion kits" kept in the office or a storage unit that you have near immediate access to if are caught away from your house and are running from F Troop.

4)  Silver - Everybody writes about gold, but what about investing in and caching silver coins?

5)  Underground Railroad Update - I'd like to hear if you've made any progress on this subject.  I have been thinking about this and unfortunately I haven't come up with much.  It's obvious that the Fuds and their underlings will be questioning and watching our friends and family, so we can't go to them, nor should we go to "familiar" areas.  There must be some way to ID those who would help us if we have to go on the lam.

6) Commo - At some point, I think the net will go down, either by taxes or patriot act 2 or 3.  What alternative methods of communication are available, and most secure?

7)  Draft Resistance - It's coming, so I'd like to see you address this and refer to the
various organizations that can help young men (and soon women) when the Fuds
try to force them to fight the "war on _________".

Thanks and keep fighting.

DP

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
New book in the works
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2003, 09:58:32 pm »

Claire,

Might I make you small suggestion for a minor addition to the new book?

Maybe wheels and a trailer hitch so folks can take it with them wherever they go ;)  
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
New book in the works
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2003, 10:27:08 pm »

First let me thank you for the books and articles you have produced over the years.  They have been a tremendous morale booster for a cynical old anarchist like me.  

I'd like to toss in my two Pfennigs on ideas for your new book.

Thanks, Dead Parrot. These are good. Some are beyond my personal knowledge, but are definitely worth digging for the best available info on. Some -- like the one on alternate communications, might be a book in themselves (BTW, I did cover that at bit in *I Am Not a Number!*, though I really can't pretend to have expertise in that area.)

And Zoot -- excellent idea. Perhaps that had better include dual axles. This is gonna be a heavy one, with all this material to go in it.

You guys on this thread have no idea how you've broadened and deepened my concept of the book.

C
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

Scarmiglione'

New book in the works
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2003, 07:50:42 am »

You know what I hearing Claire?

Boy Scout Handbook.  Compact, few frills (keep the one-liners!),  the ABC of each topic.  That would be cool, like the Anarchists Cookbook, only useful!

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
New book in the works
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2003, 08:15:14 am »

You know what I hearing Claire?

Boy Scout Handbook.  Compact, few frills (keep the one-liners!),  the ABC of each topic.  That would be cool, like the Anarchists Cookbook, only useful!
Anarcho Scout Handbook?  :D  

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up