The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Why You Should Never Talk to The Police  (Read 20863 times)

Happy

Why You Should Never Talk to The Police
« on: July 28, 2009, 12:34:42 pm »

Interesting youtube video, that I ran across on Survival Blog, on why you should never talk to the police, even if your innocent of any wrong doing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8z7NC5sgik

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
Re: Why You Should Never Talk to The Police
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2009, 12:38:07 pm »

Great video!  I'm sure it's been posted here many times, but it's important enough that it bears reposting on every forum in the universe.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Happy

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2009, 12:54:13 pm »

Great video!  I'm sure it's been posted here many times, but it's important enough that it bears reposting on every forum in the universe.
I apologize if it is rehashed information. I did a search on "Why you should never talk to the police" before posting and the search came back empty :) - I thought it was a new video. It really opened my eyes.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2009, 05:07:39 pm »

I apologize if it is rehashed information. I did a search on "Why you should never talk to the police" before posting and the search came back empty :) - I thought it was a new video. It really opened my eyes.

The search engine leaves much to be desired. I just spent 30 min looking for it to no avail.

There are some topics that should be posted on a regular basis, this is one of them, thanks.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

SoundTheBell

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 01:02:42 pm »

WOW he talks fast.
There's a Part 2 as well, where the cop agrees with him and then explains how a cop will use whatever you say against you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08fZQWjDVKE&NR=1

Excellent videos, thanks for the link!

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2009, 01:56:36 pm »

Excellent - life saving - videos! Thanks for sharing! (It's amazing how something innocent can get turned around and used against you.)
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

iloilo

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2009, 02:04:06 pm »

I think I may have originally posted this on the FIJA pages, or activism:
http://fija.org/2008/06/12/our-own-james-joseph-duane-on-never-talk-to-a-police-officer/

It is great stuff, and James J. Duane is on our advisory board.
ff

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2009, 05:34:18 pm »

27 + minutes on dial-up ? And there is a part 2 ?
Not in this lifetime.
I can manage 3 minutes sometimes but over that I don't have the capacity to download.

Is there a cd or dvd that I can buy with this stuff on it ?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 05:36:58 pm by gooch »
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

socalserf

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2009, 06:55:00 pm »

27 + minutes on dial-up ? And there is a part 2 ?
Not in this lifetime.
I can manage 3 minutes sometimes but over that I don't have the capacity to download.

Is there a cd or dvd that I can buy with this stuff on it ?

If you have Boston T. Party's You and the Police than you have all the information that you need, and more than is on the video.
~Author unknown to me

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2009, 07:56:36 pm »

Nope or at least not yet.

Thanks for the tip.
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

cole

• Son of Liberty
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2009, 02:54:57 pm »

I'm an MP in the US Army, and I must admit -- it's better to say nothing to a cop than to lie.  Right now my job entails traffic accident investigation, but I've done a lot of work in regards to theft, assaults, and the rest of gamut of law enforcement.

A few months ago, a few friends and I were under investigation by the ATF and the army's criminal investigation command.  Since some of us had a sticker on our truck that looked like a nazi eagle, and we liked guns and hunting and all hung out together... they thought we were running guns for neo-nazi groups here in Alaska.

It was hilarious to us, but we were all separated and interrogated about these things.  They even had a specific pecking order of who they wanted to question first, and kept us at different lengths to arouse suspicion with the others.  The investigation took about a month (it was bogus to call the ATF for that, but I'm sure they wondered if we had contacts from the internet or whatever).  Some of our vehicles are fairly nondescript and common... two of us even got tailed a couple times.

Nothing too crazy, no phone books and box cutters or anything, but the interrogation was fairly accusatory and, for lack of a better term, kind of unnerving.

We all came out on top, I guess.  But just goes to show: don't tell the cops anything.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home... We ask not your counsel nor your arms... may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
   Samuel Adams, 1776

socalserf

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2009, 06:58:44 pm »

I'm an MP in the US Army, and I must admit -- it's better to say nothing to a cop than to lie.

If I'm not mistaken lying to law enforcement is a serious crime, even a half truth would send you to prison.
Never say a word.
Not one.
~Author unknown to me

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2009, 07:12:54 pm »

I'm an MP in the US Army, and I must admit -- it's better to say nothing to a cop than to lie.

If I'm not mistaken lying to law enforcement is a serious crime, even a half truth would send you to prison.
Never say a word.
Not one.

But they're allowed to lie to you!  Isn't that nice?  Gotta love that "justice" system.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

cole

• Son of Liberty
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2009, 09:21:18 pm »

Well, since I'm military (and the laws vary from state to state; the federal laws are the touchy ones) any false statement is a crime, and the crime is more serious depending if you're talking to junior soldier, NCO, senior NCO, or officer.  Making a false statement to a police officer is a crime in the state of Alaska.  Lying under oath is even worse, of course.

But yeah, it's not a crime for a law enforcement officer to lie to you.  And, whenever you're talking to a cop (and you know it's a cop), there's no right to privacy.  Anything you say can be used against you as a "spontaneous statement" (that is, as long as he doesn't ask you a question about it... at that point it gets complicated).

Part of the problem is that the judicial system is very subjective.  Some judges are all for cops and give 'em lots of breaks, and others seem to hate cops and will slam 'em for anything and let the suspect go.  Juries are another thing altogether.  Justice is fickle in America.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquillity of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home... We ask not your counsel nor your arms... may posterity forget that you were our countrymen."
   Samuel Adams, 1776

jessme

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 06:51:52 am »

And even if you tell nothing but the truth, you can still get called a liar!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up