The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TRUE ROMANCE - Another 1990's Freedom Outlaw Classic  (Read 3778 times)

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
TRUE ROMANCE - Another 1990's Freedom Outlaw Classic
« on: August 03, 2009, 12:35:56 pm »

From the Creative Mind and Pen of Quentin Tarantino came another Gritty and Classic Crime Drama.... :mellow:

The Plot as is.....
"
Elvis Fanatic Clarence and Comic Store Associate Manager (Christian Bale) meets Novice "Call Girl" Alabama (Patricia Arquette) during a Sonny Chiba Triple Feature at a local Grindhouse...They fall in love even though Alabama reveals she's a Hooker hired for his Birthday Treat...:love4:

They get married and Clarence goes over to confront her Boss/Pimp Drexel Spivey (Gary Oldman in a great role)...They fight and he blows Drexel away....As he is making his getaway, Clarence comes in possession of Several Million $$$$$ in Coke that Drexel  came into possession of after he double crossed and killed Samuel L. Jackson and his partner for....

With that Clarence and Alabama plan to motorvate to Los Angeles where they can sell it to Hollywoods Coke Loving Populace and live a life of Luxury in Paradise... :thumbsup:

Problem, Chris Walken and his Mafioso cronies come after them to get it back after killing Clarence's estranged Dad Cliff (Dennis Hopper in another great role) but not before Cliff tells Walken about what he thinks about his Sicilian ancestry... :violent1:

Clarence and Alabama arrange to sell it to Bronson Pinchot's Boss Holywood Legend Lee Donowitz but run into James Gandolfini who beats up Alabama in her Hotel Suite quite savagely and gets it back from Alabama in a graphic manner...

Another problem, Pinchot gets busted by the LAPD  and agrees to rat out our Lovers and Donowitz to Chris Penn and his fellow scutrag JBT's during the Coke Sale to beat a POD and Traffic Offense

It climaxes in a blood soaked gun charged finale where 99% of the cast gets blasted....

Lee Donowitz: Boris, shut the fuck up. We're all gonna die here. These are cops.
Boris (Lee's Bodyguard): So what, they're cops, who gives a shit? Hey Lee, there's something I never told you about me: I hate fuckin' cops
:thumbsup:

True Romance is another gem from Tarantino and Great Direction from Tony Scott who gets great performances from the the cast as well as Val Kilmer as the Ghost of Elvis  :mellow: guiding Clarence to his ultimate destiny and Brad Pitt as Floyd, the Drugged Out Roomate of Michael Rapaport who provides a lot of larfs especially with his Honey Bear Bong 

And Gun/Action Lovers won't get bored with the Gunfight Scenes and where Clarence drives around in his Elvis style Cadillac spouting such lines as

[Peeling out in reverse into oncoming traffic] We now return to Bullit already in progress.

Once again, go out and Rent/Buy TRUE ROMANCE and prepared for a stylish mindfuck !!!  :wub:

Here's a Sample for You All !

VIDEO LINK

« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:32:02 pm by Secret Six »
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

Undefined

Re: TRUE ROMANCE - Another 1990's Freedom Outlaw Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 04:49:44 pm »

Problem, Chris Walken and his Mafioso cronies come after them to get it back after killing Clarence's estranged Dad Cliff (Dennis Hopper in another great role) but not before Cliff tells Walken about what he thinks about his Sicilian ancestry...

Hopper insults Walken so deeply and well for one reason only: because he knows he won't be able to stand up to interrogation by these hardasses so he does the one thing he can do, the ultimate act of loyalty to his son: he makes Walken kill him.

It's one of the finest single scenes in American cinema: written, acted, directed, lit, edited and scored to near perfection. I literally cry when I watch it, both from the emotion and to see such artistry.

I'm weird like that. Hell, I blubber my way through Sin City every time too.

Secret Six

• BANNED
  • S6
  • Clinging to his guns and religion in Bucks County
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 07:22:23 pm »

Problem, Chris Walken and his Mafioso cronies come after them to get it back after killing Clarence's estranged Dad Cliff (Dennis Hopper in another great role) but not before Cliff tells Walken about what he thinks about his Sicilian ancestry...

Hopper insults Walken so deeply and well for one reason only: because he knows he won't be able to stand up to interrogation by these hardasses so he does the one thing he can do, the ultimate act of loyalty to his son: he makes Walken kill him.

It's one of the finest single scenes in American cinema: written, acted, directed, lit, edited and scored to near perfection. I literally cry when I watch it, both from the emotion and to see such artistry.

I'm weird like that. Hell, I blubber my way through Sin City every time too.

Rather Hopper knows he's going to die no matter how much he tells Walken and his cronies he figures he'll laughingly spit in their eyes in pure defiance....:thumbsup:
Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.  - Theodore Roosevelt

Ancient Rome declined because it had a Senate; now what's going to happen to us with both a Senate and a House? - Will Rogers

Jake

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 09:28:51 pm »

They found him because he happened to leave his ID behind in Detroit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w94dZtKXaaE

"Maybe he don't"

FUBAR

• ....and I'm all out of bubble gum!
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 01:02:05 am »

It's one of the finest single scenes in American cinema: written, acted, directed, lit, edited and scored to near perfection.

Very good observation.
Pages: [1]   Go Up