The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Wyoming police Taser 76-year-old tractor driver  (Read 6483 times)

NuclearDruid

Re: Wyoming police Taser 76-year-old tractor driver
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2009, 01:06:00 pm »

2 officers fired after Tasering parade driver, 76

Two police officers who chased and Tasered a 76-year-old man driving a tractor in a Wyoming town parade have been fired.

Bud Grose, who was shocked five times by Officer Michael Kavenius, welcomed the decision announced Tuesday by the Glenrock Police Department.

"Hopefully this will kind of help bring the community together and be an answer to a lot of questions and problems," he said.

ND
"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2009, 02:22:34 pm »

:occasion14:

Score one for Wyoming and the good guys!

When can we expect their arrest for felonious assault under color of Authoritah?
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2009, 02:59:37 pm »

HOORAY!!!  Someone got it right!!!
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

jimoutside

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2009, 02:57:08 pm »

Finally! This took way too long!
Jim, Free Radical

Do what you can do first, do what you can't do second.

Bennie

« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 02:32:57 am »

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100126/ap_on_re_us/us_tractor_driver_tasered

Firing of Wyo. officers who Tasered driver upheld
The Glenrock Town Council voted Monday night to uphold last year's terminations of Officer Michael Kavenius and Sgt. Paul Brown.

Grose didn't attend the meeting either but said in a telephone interview afterward he was grateful to the Glenrock community and the council. Glenrock has a population of about 2,300 and is about 25 miles east of Casper.

"It just kind of shows what people can accomplish when they hang together," Grose said. He said he's been consulting with a lawyer but hasn't decided whether he will sue over the incident.

The incident drew an angry mob, with many people shouting that police mishandled the situation, according to investigators' reports. It has since focused attention on the performance of Glenrock's seven-member police department.

"About everybody thinks it was uncalled for, it could have been handled strictly different," Grose said.

His son, Mike Grose, attended Monday's meeting and thanked the council for making what he called a hard but just decision.

Councilor Bruce Vinolla was among the three who voted to uphold the officers' firings. "As the process went forward, everything just kind of pointed toward the decision," he said after the meeting. "It just kind of made itself."

Vinolla said he believes many in the community were concerned that the situation would be swept under the rug. But he noted that the town called in outside law enforcement agencies to investigate, and said such things take time.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 05:12:59 am »

Thanks for the update Bennie.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 07:14:07 am »

Finally! This took way too long!

Reported Aug 5,   fired Sept 22  In the same year. Looks like the Fre State is free. A couple of rights abusers were handled with alacrity, after a proper investigation for facts was carried out.

I wish I saw a little more of this mix of commonsense around.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up