The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi! I'm a Racist!  (Read 22435 times)

2ndA

• Constitutional Minarchist
  • Out of the loop
Hi! I'm a Racist!
« on: August 18, 2009, 06:10:04 pm »

Hi!  I'm a Racist!

I've decided to embrace the label.¬  Why, you ask?¬  Because as someone on the radio is heard to say, "words mean things".¬  He's correct so far as he goes.¬  What he fails to acknowledge is that in the modern world of leftism the things words mean are dependent on the desires and agenda of the word user.¬  What was once a descriptive term used to denote an ugly form of humanity can suddenly become a tool to silence those who don't think like you.

Such is the case with "racist".¬  ¬ Might as well embrace it. The word once meant someone who bases their opinion of another on the color of their skin. Now, according to the Obamabots, it means anyone who opposes Obastard. So based on the NewSpeak definition I am a racist! Thank you and have a nice day...

http://www.obastard.com/general/hi-im-a-racist/
One of the original TMM Gang of Ten(ish), and proud of it

There comes a time in every man's life
When all you can see are the years passing by...

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
Re: Hi! I'm a Racist!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 06:29:17 pm »

Why do you feel you need to be defined by a word in order to oppose the ideology of the power of the state? I hope that upon sober reflection you will realize that words still have meanings in spite of the attempts of others to bend them to their will. If you accept the labels of others you become what they intend you to be. That is one label I would strenuously object to.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 06:48:43 pm »

There's a time and place to embrace and co-opt the language of your enemies but I agree with Mr. Dare that this isn't the time, and 'racist' isn't the place.

Your heart seems in the right place, but I'd counsel you not to wrap your philosophy around opposition to one politician because politicians, like any other window dressing, come and go.  You oppose Obama's policies: Fine, so do I.  But I, and I suspect you, opposed them long before I'd ever heard of Barack Obama, the savior du jour.  So of what importance is Obama himself?  Why waste so much bile on a figurehead who'll be gone tomorrow?

Likewise, I'd be careful about putting too much confidence in Rush Limbaugh and his kind.  I remember when his show was first syndicated, in the late eighties.  I enjoyed it very much; he was fresh and and irreverent, and though he clearly leaned toward the republicans he didn't identify himself with them: He even criticized Bush the elder, sometimes scathingly.  All that changed with the phony "contract with America" which he never disavowed even after it was proven a fraud.  Since then every republican is a god to him, and every democrat a devil.  If I hadn't already known Limbaugh was a worthless ass, his beating of the Afghanistan and Iraq wardrums and his hypocrisy over the Oxycontin/drug war kerfuffle would have done it for me.

Think for yourself.  Don't let your supposed friends do it for you, and don't let your avowed enemies define you.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

gaurdduck

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2009, 07:13:56 pm »

Dammit! You went and made it look sooooo interesting, then I got this HUGE let down.
Not fair Duuuuude!

SoupMonkey

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 08:16:32 pm »

I'm just me. :huh:

2ndA

• Constitutional Minarchist
  • Out of the loop
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 11:27:00 pm »

Fascinating.  The point is to not be defined by their words.  The point is the left has long played the race card and used it to silence anyone who disagrees with their agenda, regardless of where you place yourself on thye political spectrum.  You're not with them so it doesn't matter, you obviously ain't right in the head.  The point is to dis-empower(what a term) their labels.  To take away the mystical power of their definition-of-the-moment words.  Smile and say Yep, that's me, assholes.  Then move on with the issues that matter. 

How this implies putting trust in Limbaugh, or how using their labels against them "defines" one, or how it's anything other than thinking for oneself is a baffling failure to grasp the entire idea.

I'm actually impressed.
One of the original TMM Gang of Ten(ish), and proud of it

There comes a time in every man's life
When all you can see are the years passing by...

Vietvet

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2009, 01:25:04 am »

Obama is the bum-rush czar..............and a racist :laugh:
I Eat Therefore I Hunt

Jebur27

• Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 04:38:46 am »

The word once meant someone who bases their opinion of another on the color of their skin.
Actually, that use to be "bigot."  "Racist" used to mean the belief in the inherent superiority of one race over another. 

Not trying to be a dick, but, words do, indeed, have meanings. 
There is only one thing that remains to us, that cannot be taken away: To act with courage and dignity and to stick to the ideals that have given meaning to life.
-Jawaharlal Nehru

There's no joke we can tell about the fedgov that they can't turn into an even more absurd truth about themselves.
-Claire Wolfe

"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest". -- Denis Diderot

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 08:21:35 am »

How this implies putting trust in Limbaugh, or how using their labels against them "defines" one, or how it's anything other than thinking for oneself is a baffling failure to grasp the entire idea.

I'm actually impressed.
:rolleyes:

No, we get your idea.  It's hardly new or hard to grasp; any child can do it and most children do.  It's just that your point is idiotic.  I was trying to be polite, but there it is.  It's a really stupid idea.

But have fun with it.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

Mr. Dare

• Administrator
  • My Strawman will beat hell out of yours any day!
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 05:44:30 pm »

I have to agree with Joel, I fail to see how accepting this label would do any good, it would only hurt the reputation of one who the one who accepts it. I do not abide racists or false accusations.
"He's no fun, he fell right over!"
"I've got Deku Nuts coming outta my ass and I still can't kill this bastard!!!" (my sweet wife...)
"The road to Hell is paved with happy plans..."
"I do not avoid Twinkies, Duck, but I do deny them my essence." Joel

Trijicon

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 06:31:43 pm »

The Dems are all full of ISH!  I cant believe the newest tactic of belittling / condescending people wanting to ask questions at the town halls.... WTF is going on in this Country?  I am VERY insulted by our govt.!   
http://www.secondamendmenttaskforce.com/Commentary.htm

Art
Art
www.SecondAmendmentTaskForce.com
Former USMC RRT MARSOC

SoundTheBell

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 06:42:01 pm »

The Dems are all full of ISH! 
Ish? Is that newspeak for poopey?  :huh:
Irrevocable satanic haletosis?
Irrational sensationalist hype?

Ooh, I like that second one. I'm keeping it.

Trijicon

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2009, 06:51:06 pm »

(LOL)  Yes,  ISH  =  Poopey!  :laugh:
Art
www.SecondAmendmentTaskForce.com
Former USMC RRT MARSOC

Steven Mallory

• My own highest authority
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2009, 07:17:05 pm »

Hi, I'm a little teapot!

I'm actually impressed.

No, we get your idea.  It's hardly new or hard to grasp; any child can do it and most children do.  It's just that your point is idiotic.  I was trying to be polite, but there it is.  It's a really stupid idea.

But have fun with it.

I guess I didn't take it seriously enough.  I just thought it was a good bit of silly, tongue-in-cheek humor.  I chuckled.  You guys don't think  I'm some kinda ISHhead now, do ya?   :confused1:

gaurdduck

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2009, 07:18:56 pm »

Hi, I'm a little teapot!

I'm actually impressed.

But have fun with it.

I guess I didn't take it seriously enough.  I just thought it was a good bit of silly, tongue-in-cheek humor.  I chuckled.  You guys don't think  I'm some kinda ISHhead now, do ya?   :confused1:

I too thought it was funny, after I got over there being a less-than-interesting post here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up