The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CIFTA to give foreign troops identity of American gun owners?  (Read 4044 times)

LaughingBear

CIFTA to give foreign troops identity of American gun owners?
« on: August 28, 2009, 09:21:27 am »

Have any of you heard anything about this? 

http://wearechangecoloradosprings.org/blog/2009/05/international-treaty-gives-foreign-troops-identity-of-american-gun-owners/

*edited to say, sorry if this is old news to some of you, I just ran across it and thought it needed sharing.*

« Last Edit: August 28, 2009, 09:38:17 am by LaughingBear »
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are."

H. L. Menken

Hillbilly123069

Re: CIFTA to give foreign troops identity of American gun owners?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 11:11:44 pm »

Like I said before,I won't fire on an american unless fired upon 1st.No promises with UN troops.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2009, 03:15:30 am by Hillbilly123069 »

Hunter

• Hunter at TPoL
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 01:16:24 am »

As Hillbilly123089 has already pointed out, it tends to be self correcting. I heard John Ross asked about foreign troops being used in the US years ago on a radio interview. His response was blunt. "They'd need triple shifts in the morgues." (shrug) Somebody might be dumb enough to try it I suppose, but nothing would push things over the edge faster. Beside, just who has any significant numbers of troops, anyways? OH yeah, I can just see them wanting to get mixed up in that meatgrinder... not their style at all. Tibet, sure, that's right next door, but America?

Oh, heck, let's look at some numbers. Grabbing the first 15, I don't know why, links will take you to the full list.

Total available military capable population (CIA World Factbook; Based on overall country population, male and female, of persons that might be available for military service.):

China 729,323,673
India 584,141,225
United States of America 144,354,117
Indonesia 125,530,542
Brazil 104,825,878
Pakistan 82,747,782
Russia 73,239,761
Mexico 57,151,479
Japan 54,683,598
Philippines 46,724,739
Egypt 41,654,185
Iran 39,851,026
Turkey 39,645,893
Germany 38,138,073
Thailand 35,304,678

http://www.globalfirepower.com/available-military-manpower.asp

Active military manpower:

China 2,255,000
United States of America 1,385,122
India 1,325,000
Russia 1,245,000
North Korea 1,170,000
South Korea 687,000
Pakistan 650,000
Iran 545,000
Turkey 514,000
Egypt 450,000
Indonesia 316,000
Thailand 314,000
Syria 296,000
Taiwan 290,000
Brazil 287,000

http://www.globalfirepower.com/active-military-manpower.asp

Just for fun, I added up the whole US military plus 10% of all the above. That comes to 2,419,522. Add in 750,000 local, county, and state police, another hundred thousand federal police of various sorts, another hundred thousand armed feds they've tried to hide, and you get about 2.5 million. Add in a million and a half reserves. That comes to 4 million.

Somebody in another thread already calculated that 3% of 300 million is 9 million. I think for throwing a bunch of uppity foreigners out you can count on a lot higher level of outrage than that.

The population you just pissed off has 40%(plus) of the world's supply of small arms. That is not 40% of the world's supply of civilian firearms, kiddies, that's 40% of the TOTAL supply. According to the UN's own numbers (which look awful low to me, by the way, lower than several other estimates). They seem very concerned about this. They've publicized it quite thoroughly to all the world's governments to try to get them to talk "ours" into disarming us. Which failed miserably, thanks to John Bolton.

Homework assignment. Find out how you say "Are you out of your ****ing mind?" in all those languages. Cuz I think that's what all of them are gonna say when any American president calls and says "Hi there. We'd like to borrow some of your troops to help us round up all the guns in America." Some of them at least are smart enough to figure out that after we exercised a rather extreme version of "throw the bums out", we'd come for them next.

This is ignoring the fact that several of the armies high on that list are on none too good of terms with either the US gummint OR their own population. I just can't see China, say, or North Korea, or Iran, being all that eager to help out the American government OR weaken their own hold on power by deploying any significant number of troops out of their own country. China especially; it has not been all THAT long since they were caught trying to smuggle a couple of cargo containers full of full auto AKs to gang bangers. Doesn't sound to me like they are very interested in disarming people here, but rather in stirring up as much civil unrest as possible.

There's things to worry about in the world, but the UN getting their act together on anything but embezzling money is just not one of them. Hell, they couldn't get their shit together enough to do anything about the democide going on in Rwanda, and I'm supposed to believe they can convince enough nations to go along with what amounts to invading America? Yeah, sure, the US gummint invited them... YOU explain that to all the pissed off, heavily armed, and decently trained American civilians. Had I mentioned that 35% of American gun owners have prior military or police training? Oopsie, sorry about that, Ivan, 'spose I shoulda toldja that. We couldn't be so lucky that the "Men Who Would be Kings" would do anything that terminally stupid.

from an undisclosed secure location far, far outside Ohio

Hunter's Seventieth Rule: The Internet needs a "three strikes and you're out" rule. Of the gene pool, I mean.

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 11:48:57 pm »

YOU explain that to all the pissed off, heavily armed, and decently trained American civilians. Had I mentioned that 35% of American gun owners have prior military or police training? Oopsie, sorry about that, Ivan, 'spose I shoulda toldja that. We couldn't be so lucky that the "Men Who Would be Kings" would do anything that terminally stupid.

And that's not to mention the guys who have never been police or military but go to places like Front Sight just because they can, Appleseed shooters, and the plain old enthusiasts who tend to have better gun handling and marksmanship abilities than most local cops, despite a complete and total lack of formal training.
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

Hillbilly123069

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2009, 03:11:20 am »

Somebody stated foreign troops in this country to disarm us would give the term massacre a whole new meaning.I have to agree.

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2009, 10:42:57 am »

Another reason I'm glad that there is no paper filled out on any of my guns.
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. EDWARD ABBEY
Pages: [1]   Go Up