The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: blue funk  (Read 7250 times)

suijurisfreeman

Re: blue funk
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2009, 12:43:35 pm »

cordaboblue you posted, "I swore an oath of allegiance to Almighty God and to obey the Original Constitution and only the original Constitution."

I posted, "When you say "the original Constitution", do you mean the Constitution of 1787 as originally drafted and ratified?  If I remember correctly the "original Constitution" didn't have the Bill of Rights -- it was added in the form of the first ten amendments."

then you posted, "Yes I meant the first one with the bill of rights."

then you posted, "I   .........  Swear to defend the Constitution of the United States of America as it was written with only the first ten amendments . . ."

I don't understand what you're saying, the original Constitution of 1787 wasn't written with the first ten amendments, they were added later through the amendment process.  The Constitution provides for changes through the amendment process, the first ten amendments (Bill of Rights) were the first changes made to the original Constitution.  If you recognize the first ten amendments as being legit, why not any of the others?

« Last Edit: September 30, 2009, 02:25:42 pm by suijurisfreeman »

gaurdduck

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 12:57:40 pm »

I guess that means that women can't vote anymore.

Steven Mallory

• My own highest authority
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2009, 04:22:11 pm »

cordaboblue you posted, "I swore an oath of allegiance to Almighty God and to obey the Original Constitution and only the original Constitution."

I posted, "When you say "the original Constitution", do you mean the Constitution of 1787 as originally drafted and ratified?  If I remember correctly the "original Constitution" didn't have the Bill of Rights -- it was added in the form of the first ten amendments."

then you posted, "Yes I meant the first one with the bill of rights."

then you posted, "I   .........  Swear to defend the Constitution of the United States of America as it was written with only the first ten amendments . . ."

I don't understand what you're saying, the original Constitution of 1787 wasn't written with the first ten amendments, they were added later through the amendment process.  The Constitution provides for changes through the amendment process, the first ten amendments (Bill of Rights) were the first changes made to the original Constitution.  If you recognize the first ten amendments as being legit, why not any of the others?

[sarcasm]

Titles can be confusing, but words still have meanings. And when you put the word "original" in front of the word "constitution"...

Properly speaking, the Constitution of 1787 was not the original constitution, but the second. The first constitution, commonly called the Articles of Confederation, did indeed constitute a central government, even if it was a much weaker one than that established by the 1787 refurb which some rubes people consider to still be effective today.

Splitting hairs is just what I do, folks! :rolleyes: [/sarcasm]

suijurisfreeman

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 06:56:17 pm »

The Articles of Confederation provided for a federal form of government called the united States of America, while the Constitution of 1787 formed a national government called the United States of America.  Two completely different animals. 
I'm not aware of the Articles of Confederation ever being called "the constitution" as was the Constitution of 1787.

Based on the research that I've done over the years it would appear that the delegates that met in Philadelphia during the summer of 1787 were never authorized by their respective state legislatures to write a constitution, only to ammend the Articles of Confederation.  The Constitution of 1787 subverted the "lawful" government of the united States of America.  It would appear to me that it was fraud from the beginning -- I think Lysander Spooner had it right!

Mad Wet Hen

« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 08:07:02 pm »

Ok. No one likes it when they are wrong and to be provin that they should have stopped opening their mouth to say anything, so you now did your job, you got your point across so now I think I need a rest from my making myself feel dumb.
I have GOD and GUTS one thing left to go.
God protect my little girl soldier as she does what she thinks is right. Keep her safe in the monthes to come as she prepares to go over seas at the will of teptb please make sure that he that sends them odes his part by making sure they have all the equipment and food they need. AMEN.

gaurdduck

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2009, 08:31:12 pm »

So long as you didn't write it in blood you should be fine.

suijurisfreeman

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2009, 08:41:44 pm »

Ok. No one likes it when they are wrong and to be provin that they should have stopped opening their mouth to say anything, so you now did your job, you got your point across so now I think I need a rest from my making myself feel dumb.

It wasn't my intention to "prove you wrong" or make you feel dumb.  I was merely attempting to point out the facts concerning the Constitution.  Over the years I've changed my "beliefs" as new information became available.  Ignorance is merely the lack or wanting of knowledge, I attempt to cure my ignorance each and every day by reviewing new information.  When I look back at some of the things that I said/believed back in 1993 when I first started down this road to freedom I'll have to admit that I said some pretty dumb shit.

suijurisfreeman

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2009, 08:49:36 pm »

Steven you posted, "Titles can be confusing, but words still have meanings. And when you put the word "original" in front of the word "constitution"..."

If you review what I posted the word constitution had a capitol letter (ie Constitution and original Constitution).  While it may very well be true that the Articles of Confederation was a "constitution" (charter of government), to my knowledge it was never referred to as a/the Constitution.

gaurdduck

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2009, 08:55:46 pm »

The only oath I have made was to never initiate violence. My Sifu made me promise before teaching me Kung-Fu back when I was 6 or 7 years old. I was never good with names and dates, but I remember the event like it was yesterday. It fills me with pride that I have kept that promise all these years.

Steven Mallory

• My own highest authority
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2009, 11:54:38 pm »

Steven you posted, "Titles can be confusing, but words still have meanings. And when you put the word "original" in front of the word "constitution"..."

If you review what I posted the word constitution had a capitol letter (ie Constitution and original Constitution).  While it may very well be true that the Articles of Confederation was a "constitution" (charter of government), to my knowledge it was never referred to as a/the Constitution.

I know, I was just being silly. I was trying to affect that snobbishly irrelevant "well, actually" guy tone.  Please take it as such, and not too seriously.

:alien:

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 12:41:46 am »

When I look back at some of the things that I said/believed back in 1993 when I first started down this road to freedom I'll have to admit that I said some pretty dumb shit.

Hell...............I believed some pretty dumb shit too way back when.....
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

gaurdduck

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 01:23:24 am »

When I look back at some of the things that I said/believed back in 1993 when I first started down this road to freedom I'll have to admit that I said some pretty dumb shit.

Hell...............I believed some pretty dumb shit too way back when.....

I was learning to read back then...
My favorite subjects back then were ancient fortifications and food, mainly Asian.

I never even thought about politics until I was like 15. And then I was Theocrat*.
Then one day a few years ago, my Granny offered to pick up the next issue of Backwoodsman Magazine
on her way over to my house. She got Backwoods Home instead. A minor mistake.
Well, I found the cooking and gardening columns to be useful so I started buying them all the time.
Then I started reading John Silviera's The Last Word column, and it just made sense.
Then there was an add in one issue for the online only Hardyville column, so I read that.
I thought it was very funny. I'm still not sure why, but after that I was pretty much a Libertarian.
Funny how things go sometimes. I became an Anarchist after the last coronation election.

*(One who thinks that theocracy is the best form of government.)

Mad Wet Hen

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 12:47:39 pm »

It wasn't my intention to "prove you wrong" or make you feel dumb. I was merely attempting to point out the facts concerning the Constitution. Over the years I've changed my "beliefs" as new information became available. Ignorance is merely the lack or wanting of knowledge, I attempt to cure my ignorance each and every day by reviewing new information. When I look back at some of the things that I said/believed back in 1993 when I first started down this road to freedom I'll have to admit that I said some pretty dumb shit.
I know you where just trying to educate me and others but I was getting mad at myself for thinking like a sheep and not looking closer. Sheep follow a leader and do not worry about what is hiding under rocks or behind bushes for the snake or wolf that might bite or eat them. They think the leader will tell them if there is something to worry about. When I looked at what I posted and then what you posted, I saw myself as being like a sheep and so I got mad I will not be a sheep. Many times I send out PM's To find info. so as not to say anything dumb where a lot of people can see it. It is far better to let a couple people think you are dumb rather then have a lot of people think or know you are dumb IMHO.
I have GOD and GUTS one thing left to go.
God protect my little girl soldier as she does what she thinks is right. Keep her safe in the monthes to come as she prepares to go over seas at the will of teptb please make sure that he that sends them odes his part by making sure they have all the equipment and food they need. AMEN.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 02:55:21 am »

This forum is a place that seems to attract life long students.
Relax.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Who...me?

• Moderator Group
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 12:08:02 pm »

It is far better to let a couple people think you are dumb rather then have a lot of people think or know you are dumb IMHO.

My Dad's favorite saying..."Better to remain silent and be thought a fool that to speak and remove all doubt."   which of course he stole from Abe Lincoln.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up