The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Magnus the King, RIP  (Read 5285 times)

Joel

• Just a peckerwood who lives in the hills with too many guns.
Magnus the King, RIP
« on: October 03, 2009, 09:03:24 pm »

After a bad flare-up of a long bout with a brain tumor, Magnus the Magnificent passed away today.

He was not my dog: I was only his nanny.  But he didn't know that, and we lived together for years, and he was my good friend.

Damned picture doesn't show up for me; I don't know if you can see it or not.  But anyway, Obit here.
Yet another Freedomista blog: The Ultimate Answer to Kings is not a bullet, but a belly laugh.

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
Re: Magnus the King, RIP
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2009, 09:14:03 pm »

You have my sympathies, Joel.  As you already know, I know what you're going through, as I had to do the same thing to my beloved Lady-Dog last year.

:hug:
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

Clip Johnson

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2009, 09:54:24 pm »

Joel, I'm really sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. Sounds like Magnus the King was a very special dog and quite lucky to have been part of your family. I know sadness and loss are great right now, but I hope that soon you will be able to focus on the happy memories only.

I too lost my best friend Farley back on February 23rd of this year, and I still miss him immensely. Even given that fact, I still wouldn't trade the 14 years I got to spend with him for anything else in the world.

da gooch

• Mr. Badger? Only when need be
  • 32*25' N X 77*05' W X 060 Mag
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2009, 10:44:08 pm »

So sorry to hear that Joel.

May he rest in peace.

gooch
"Come and Take It"  Gonzales, Texas 1835

III

Bennie

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2009, 02:34:02 am »

I'm sorry Joel.

Undefined

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2009, 03:44:41 am »

My sympathies, brother.

jamie

« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2009, 02:58:23 pm »

Magnus will meet you at the rainbow bridge. Anyway that's what I like to think.

Clip Johnson

« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2009, 03:52:08 pm »

Magnus will meet you at the rainbow bridge. Anyway that's what I like to think.

You are correct in your assumption Jamie. God has made eternal provisions for all His creatures. Love and loyalty are truly eternal and someday we will be together again with our beloved pets.

His Word is full of examples of His caring and loving nature. Furthermore, He is not a God of the temporary. He does not make things on a temporary basis. This applies to the creatures that He has made as well as the relationship He has forged between man and animal. However, there is no doggy or kitty heaven. Similarly there is no people heaven either. There is God's heaven, that place where He dwells. He has made room for us and the angels as well as all the creatures He has created.

Animals were created for many different reasons, the most important reason being for the companionship of Adam, and therefore mankind throughout the ages. This companionship pleased Adam and made him very happy. But lest we not forget that animals were made for God's pleasure too. God created them with His own hands and to do so brought Him great pleasure. And as I search the Scriptures, I cannot find one single instance where God created an impermanent creature. Add to this the fact that animals have no sin and are innocent creatures who are not in need of redemption, therefore, not subject to judgment in any sense of the word. Their eternity is sure. And we can be assured that if we are reconciled with God through the Savior He has provided for us, and then we too are heaven born and heaven bound and will surely see our beloved pets once again.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2009, 04:29:39 pm by Clip Johnson »

Who...me?

« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2009, 04:23:14 pm »

You have my sympathy and sorrow.  I know how hard is is to loose someone close to you.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

chutzpah

« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2009, 09:16:54 pm »

Joel, I am so sorry for your loss of a loved one.
I too am hopeful that when we go to our greatest reward, that we will be re-united with all our beloved ones, and most of mine will be my past animals.
I miss those that have passed. But, they are without earthly strife and bodily suffering now. I like to believe that they're my guardian angels.
May your grief be softened by the fact that you had many years to share and love Magnus the Magnificent with all your heart.

Obi-Wan: Who's the more foolish: The fool, or the fool who follows him?

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: Sure as I know anything, I know this - they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people... better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 07:07:13 am »

My sympathies, too, as late as they are.

I still miss my dog, and see his shadows three months later.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up