The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stewart Made the Drudge Report  (Read 3678 times)

Geoff

Stewart Made the Drudge Report
« on: October 18, 2009, 09:06:30 pm »

Screen Shothttp://www.drudgereport.com/ See the second line in the first column.
"Ready to Revolt"

And the Article:
http://www.lvrj.com/news/oath-keepers-pledges-to-prevent-dictatorship-in-united-states-64690232.html

That must count for something :mellow:

Next the cover of Time! :laugh:
« Last Edit: October 18, 2009, 09:15:29 pm by Geoff »
"You know who gave Hitler his power? The clerks and the bookkeepers, the civil servants."  Robert DeNiro as Bill Sullivan in "The Good Shepherd"

"Dissipation of power is the objective of those who love liberty." 
 Dr Ron Paul in an address to congress (1984)

"He has erected a multitude of new offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance."  From the Declaration of Independence.

joeofthemountain

Re: Stewart Made the Drudge Report
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2009, 06:29:35 am »

Text of a note I sent the reporter of this story:

Regarding Mark Potok of the so-called “Southern Poverty Law Center”:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/oath-keepers-pledges-to-prevent-dictatorship-in-united-states-64690232.html

Ask yourself these basic questions:

What kind of American tells his fellow Americans essentially to shut up and do exactly as their government orders them?

What kind of American could be so willfully blind about the Pilgrim history of the founding of the Republic as even to suggest there is something wrong with caution and oversight of our “hired hand” officials?

What kind of American earns his living stoking the fires of race hatred?

What kind of American believes he, and he alone, is the arbiter of truth and dispenses same to “law enforcement” though tax-payer subsidized grants garnered under extreme partisan conditions?

What kind of American? 

MARK POTOK, an American of questionable heritage, noxious politics, and a vested interest of inciting hatred and discontent.  Potok ought be under investigation, not the Oath Keepers.  In fact, given what little I read of his organization’s operational methods (thanks to Google!), a RICO prosecution would seem in order:  they are little more than an extortion racket with a political agenda.

Regards,
"Joe of the Mountain" (I used my name in the email itself)
Never a soldier, never a militaman – but the descendant of Pilgrims and a son of the American revolution

(Oh yeah Stewart, I am an Ivy League graduate myself.  Not everyone with such a credential is a raving lunatic of the Ho Chi Minh Left although it seems that way most days...)

2ndA

• Constitutional Minarchist
  • Out of the loop
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2009, 08:23:27 am »

This article is getting posted around a bit, with good comments towards O-K in general.    I was going to post it here as "Elias Makes Headlines" just for a laugh.  Oh well, day late and a dollar short...

As for the SPLC in general, remember whose baby it is and realize that anything anyone who actually understands the Constitution supports will be condemned by these assholes and you'll learn to just ignore that they even exist.
One of the original TMM Gang of Ten(ish), and proud of it

There comes a time in every man's life
When all you can see are the years passing by...

freewoman

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 08:32:34 am »

I don't agree that the article is a good reflection on OK.  But it's publicity, and as the article itself mentioned, every time something like this has been released (the SPLC report, the LA Times article), more people have joined OK. 

2ndA

• Constitutional Minarchist
  • Out of the loop
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 09:07:43 am »

If I seemed to imply the article was good I apologize.  The article was a borderline hit-piece.  But most people seem to realize that and the reactions have been positive towards Oath Keepers in spite(or because) of it.
One of the original TMM Gang of Ten(ish), and proud of it

There comes a time in every man's life
When all you can see are the years passing by...

joeofthemountain

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 09:31:21 am »

I think, at this point in the end-game, anyone that cares or would do anything one way or the other, has already chosen sides.  The middle contains mainly peasants, content to blow with the prevailing political winds.  While this means they can be ignored, it also means the possibility of compromise or negotiated settlement with the Left is practically nonexistent.  They are too far along in their plans to stop this close to the goal line (which in the case of their Boomer leadership, means 40 or even 50 years of dedicated effort invested).  It seems to me we are in for an "all or nothing" moment, potentially around the 2010 election, as either a capstone achievement or a desperate "Hail Mary" pass if they judge a potential setback.

Under these conditions, all publicity about Oath Keepers (and III Percenters and even tea party groups) is welcome.  It presents a chance to collect a few more that are aware but without comrades or moral leadership.  The great accomplishment of the Red Left was to capture the institutions.  It gave them a force multiplier in two ways:  (1) they controlled, even dictated the terms of argument and (2) they isolated Americans who believed themselves to be alone in their horror, causing them to keep their mouths shut and their heads down in terrified compliance lest they be called out and destroyed.

Oath Keepers is a brilliant answer to that Bolshevik strategy.  The tea parties, unlikely they may be, seem a civilian version of the same.

Time is short as we all know.  Oath Keepers might be the only alternative to bloodshed as an out-of-control government attempts to impose order by force, having lost all moral authority through naked power plays.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2009, 09:34:18 am by joeofthemountain »

dogsledder54

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 07:25:22 pm »

I saw that, and was fixing to post it. But our ever-alert gang beat me to it. ;-]
Pages: [1]   Go Up