The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: V  (Read 5913 times)

Winston

• Where am I going and why am I in this handbasket?
Re: V
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2009, 05:01:23 pm »

Well, that Morena Baccarin can slither around me anytime.  :rolleyes:

Seconded. But she was even more attractive in "Firefly".

I think it's just that yucky grey busniness suit she's wearing  :thrbarf:

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2009, 12:15:20 am »

I was surprised to see that this show has TWO fireflies, Inara and Wash.

...and yeah, I did notice the seeming swipe at Obamao's utopian claims.
Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Such as Anna's demand (no other word for it) not to ask any questions that would put the Visitors in a negative light, and then her proclamation on the air that she will answer questions freely and without reservation.

And then her flunky's "reassurance" that compromising one's principles for the Common Good is not a shameful act, but rather a noble one.  These Visitors are so oily they could put OPEC out of business.
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2009, 07:50:55 am »

For me, it's mostly the short hair. Amara's hair was nice. She wore sexy clothes, too, so yeah, the business suit doesn't highlight her, uh, attributes as well.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

DPR 2006

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2009, 12:25:37 am »

For me, it's mostly the short hair. Amara Inara's hair was nice. She wore sexy clothes, too, so yeah, the business suit doesn't highlight her, uh, attributes as well.

Fixed that for you.  :laugh:
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2009, 04:01:48 am »

Thanks, DPR. Inara. Inara. Inara. Yum.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 04:04:25 am by Bill St. Clair »
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2009, 05:29:25 am »

Just saw the first episode on Hulu. Looking forward to seeing where they take it.

[spoiler]Lizards in human skin suits with a one world government, offering universal health care. Gee, where have I seen that? Oh, right.[/spoiler]

JackGarper

• Provisional
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2010, 06:17:00 pm »

This new series is okay but seems to grow boring at parts. Some good use of tactics but overall where will the humans go. They can't really hide so it brings in a more hardened struggle to survive in a situation that can't be easily analyzed. Much in this show has to be explained so that takes up most of the show. Suspense sux, no real builder. LOLZ rating:about two tacos and maybe through in a gordita.

DPR 2006

« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2010, 11:12:29 am »

I, for one, like the new series.  The writers are apparently doing a slap in the face to the Obama-Yo-Mama administration, and so far they are responding like Hench-Rat (from the Earthworm Jim cartoon series, cheerfully replying, "Ouch! Thank you!"

There is suspense, grievous loss, and political and personal intrigue.  I look forward to seeing where it goes, wondering what will happen before the invasion force arrives.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2010, 04:44:37 pm »

Sometimes I'm into it, other times I'm bored. And I'm way too much of a realist to believe that there would actually be a show on TV that blantantly patronizes BHO.
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2010, 01:04:17 am »

It's the hair.  She looks much better with long hair.  Given a choice between Anna and Lisa (played by Laura Vandervoort, though, I'd pick Lisa in a heartbeat.
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up