The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clowns threaten felony vandalism charges in Obama "Joker" poster case  (Read 5403 times)

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
Re: Clowns threaten felony vandalism charges in Obama "Joker" poster case
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2009, 11:44:29 pm »

permission of all the owners of public property to put up their crap on "my" public property,

The "public" didn't have "my" permission to make bullshit laws that created the fucking road signs in the first place either but they did it anyways................now didn't they?

Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

LYCAN

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 12:57:00 pm »

"If he hadn't glued them, we wouldn't be having this discussion,"

important that - that be noted

bull

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 01:16:37 am »

if he is convicted of a felony , he will be a marter and we all will see posters everwhere.
we live under commin law , the case will get so much heat it wont even be funny.
and people who don't Cair, will not be setting on the fence any more, they will blame boo for it
teens don't vote, they act!!!

macman2k

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2009, 08:52:31 pm »

When someone steals your car and they outgun you, do you blame the victim for what ever small "violation of rights" they commit against the thief in an attempt to get their car back? 

Please stop pretending that you have any "stake" in "public property".   Once your taxes are stolen from you, it gets mingled with the other stolen goods that the thief claims are his.   Thus, destroying a road sign would not be immoral if it was done in an effort to seek restitution from the thief. 

At this point it is completely justified to destroy any and all government property in an effort to reduce tyranny as the thief has no valid claim on that property.  The "most moral" thing you could do is steal the sign, melt it down, sell it of, and refund those whom were stolen from.   But we are under no obligation to seek restitution for anyone other than ourselves.   Thus, he can take his "restitution" out of any part of government property he wants.

So long as you promote the idea of "public property" you put yourself in defense of the government's claim on that property.  You imply that somehow violation of that property is a violation of *your property* and thus that somehow your tax money was not stolen.  If your money was stolen, then that is not your sign.  If it wasn't stolen, then you can claim it was your sign because you consented to the spending by claiming it as partially yours.  You cannot have it both ways!

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2009, 10:25:33 pm »

yep, that is the argument what is MINE and what is SHARED.  Where that line is drawn by people is usually in a different part of they grey area.  I consider public property "shared"  which means I have the perfect right to use it, but not to mess with the other owners of the property by doing a "repurposing" of it into a hotel, canvas for art, unless we agreed that it was okay.  The general agreement right now is that it is not.

The guy is definitely being railroad to "encourage the others", simple political intimidation.  If Obama hadn't been on the posters, it would not have been newsworthy. 

If you are going to be posting posters on public property, use staples, tape, wheat paste, something that is temporary.   that way you can make a case for "hey, the standard was......I complied with that, why are you restricting my freedom of speech?"  I am sure most judges would let you go given you took the required "consideration" needed when sharing something. 
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Lenny

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 10:16:21 am »

A martyr for what? Vandalism? He permanently affixed his property to property that was not his.

True, but it was government property, which is to say it was stolen property. So there's no legitimate victim here. Only rightful owners can be victims of vandalism.

gaurdduck

« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 05:20:13 pm »

A martyr for what? Vandalism? He permanently affixed his property to property that was not his.

True, but it was government property, which is to say it was stolen property. So there's no legitimate victim here. Only rightful owners can be victims of vandalism.

True. If it were me, and I knew they were going to charge me with a felony
over it, It would have been over a Belfast style wall mural on the nearest federal
government building, signed in the bottom right corner with a large red "V".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up