The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FIJA Activist ~ Next Part of the Story  (Read 6855 times)

iloilo

FIJA Activist ~ Next Part of the Story
« on: November 03, 2009, 04:44:51 pm »

Read about the most recent report (today, 23 November, 2009) of a FIJA Activist who was peacefully handing out literature near the federal court house in New York, and his encounter with homeland security.

http://fija.org/forums/index.php?topic=513.15

Peace to us all,
ff

Modified today to continue posting the report links from our forum to over here.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 11:07:22 pm by feralfae »

Claire

• Plain Folks
    • Living Freedom
Re: FIJA Activist Kidnapped, Taken to Belleview Psychiatric Hospital, Drugged
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 05:03:07 pm »

Wow! That guy has GUTS as well as a great sense of humor. What aplomb!

I think it takes more courage to face an always-biased psychiatric exam than arrest and fingerprinting. But either one would be terrifying. And he's so smooooooth, as well as determined.

And you're right about the 1960s.

My admiration to your courageous and determined friend.
Just as the flattery of friends often leads us astray, so the insults of enemies often do us good. -- St. Augustine, Confessions, Book IX, Chapter 8

When faith ceases to be a challenge to the standards of polite society, it is no longer, or has not yet become, faith. -- Donald Spoto, Reluctant Saint:  The Life of Francis of Assisi

My life is my message. -- Gandhi

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 06:06:49 pm »

hmmmmmm..........wasn't dissidence considered to be a mental illness in the old soviet union?
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

spatter

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 06:12:22 pm »

hmmmmmm..........wasn't dissidence considered to be a mental illness in the old soviet union?

Yeah...

The VA is trying to commit a friend of mine who asked about natural alternatives to his diabetes meds and refuses to take his happy pills (that they prescribed because he asked about natural alternatives).

They force him to buy all the meds by taking the money out of his VA check and automatically sending them to his home.

We are so close to Soviet Communism.

Spatter
It's the Government's job to print the money, deliver the mail and declare war. Now give me my cigarettes.

Florence King

Junker

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 07:26:21 pm »

Spatter,

Any write up on  the details of  that VA case?

--J.

Yeah...

The VA is trying to commit a friend of mine who asked about natural alternatives to his diabetes meds and refuses to take his happy pills (that they prescribed because he asked about natural alternatives).

They force him to buy all the meds by taking the money out of his VA check and automatically sending them to his home.

We are so close to Soviet Communism.

Spatter

gaurdduck

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 07:57:18 pm »

Most interesting...

spatter

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 06:16:14 pm »

Any write up on  the details of  that VA case?

Not outside the VA that I'm aware of.  He's moving out here and I'm going to try to document it once he's here.  I've seen some of the stacks of pills and I know he's saner than you or I...well, at least I.

Spatter
It's the Government's job to print the money, deliver the mail and declare war. Now give me my cigarettes.

Florence King

gaurdduck

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2009, 06:20:01 pm »

He could always sell them too. Git his money back tenfold.

spatter

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2009, 06:25:56 pm »

He could always sell them too. Git his money back tenfold.

I believe I mentioned that to him, but he's a high profile guy where he is now and TPTB would like nothing better than to get him on a felony.  This little tidbit came from a local cop.

He's also a VERY straight guy.  Doesn't smoke, doesn't drink...

Spatter

Florence King

iloilo

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 05:47:23 pm »

More information, more activity.
http://fija.org/forums/index.php?topic=513.0

This all so very much reminds me of things that were done to us when I was a civil rights worker in the 60s!  Same police tactics, same threats, same arrogance, same edgy authoritarian posturing, same use of force to enforce unjust regulations.

ff

freewoman

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2009, 06:54:50 pm »

Julian has quite the sense of humor.  Just makes me want to hug the guy.

I am also reminded of the '60's.  I was raised in a liberal denomination (the Church of the Brethren--very similar to the Mennonites), and a few members of our church attended a variety of peace protests, as well as other events (protesting prison abuses, etc.) in the 1960's and 1970's.  Later, I was involved in evangelical and charismatic churches, and knew several folks who were anti-abortion activists.  It seems activists of all sorts are prone to the same types of situations, in any era.  I am glad Julian had a witness, though.

iloilo

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 09:27:27 pm »

I think it is already seeing quite a lot of use.
ff

gaurdduck

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2009, 02:26:29 am »

I think it is already seeing quite a lot of use.
ff

Any examples besides those already covered? I'm curious.

spatter

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 04:21:41 am »

I am also reminded of the '60's.  I was raised in a liberal denomination (the Church of the Brethren--very similar to the Mennonites), and a few members of our church attended a variety of peace protests, as well as other events (protesting prison abuses, etc.) in the 1960's and 1970's.  Later, I was involved in evangelical and charismatic churches, and knew several folks who were anti-abortion activists.  It seems activists of all sorts are prone to the same types of situations, in any era.  I am glad Julian had a witness, though.

My mother was raised a Mennonite but I only figured it out recently.  She had problems with them being conscientious objectors during the war and never told me.  She DID make sure I was raised a Methodist (when they were still anabaptist).   I generally like their (the Mennonites) attitude toward the government.

Spatter

Florence King

gaurdduck

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 01:16:12 pm »

...I generally like their (the Mennonites) attitude toward the government.

Spatter

Which is...?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up