The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Man cleared of killing cop in second trial.  (Read 8619 times)

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
Re: Man cleared of killing cop in second trial.
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 01:35:47 am »

I'd have to wonder if wayneroberts would be here preaching at us if Odam would have shot Rye.
If his "faith in mankind" would have been preserved had Odam shot the guys cats, and then shot the guy, acting as a god with a badge

And on the eighth day man recreated God in his own image, and imbued unto this God, all the virtues and vices of man, thus that man might do as he pleased with his own blessings.................and was cast out of Eden for doing so........

The "apple"(fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil).............was vanity...................that man placed himself above  and proclaimed himself to be God...................

And vanity is what killed Odam.................
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

DPR 2006

• Evil MUST be stopped, no matter the cost
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 02:17:02 am »

I'd have to wonder if wayneroberts would be here preaching at us if Odam would have shot Rye.
If his "faith in mankind" would have been preserved had Odam shot the guys cats, and then shot the guy, acting as a god with a badge

And on the eighth day man recreated God in his own image, and imbued unto this God, all the virtues and vices of man, thus that man might do as he pleased with his own blessings.................and was cast out of Eden for doing so........

The "apple"(fruit of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil).............was vanity...................that man placed himself above  and proclaimed himself to be God...................

And vanity is what killed Odam.................

Amen, to that, Brother Zoot!

wayneroberts needs to review the information about the case before shooting off his mouth about his version of Christianity.  God Almighty will judge people by their actions one day, including the self-proclaimed gods who believe that they are above everyone else and the laws and the requirements of decency in society (ie, you do not trespass on your neighbor's land and shoot his cats just because you happen to be a cop...you cannot point your weapon at any other human being with impunity just because you are a cop, which is what Odam did to Rye).
Tyrants and criminals prefer UNARMED victims - ME
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats - HL Mencken

securitysix

• Self Proclaimed Champion Thread Derailer
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 02:20:24 am »

Trespassing on a mans property and killling of animals on that property is not a death sentence or the right to shoot a man down.

No, but pointing a gun at someone while you're trespassing on their property is, a fact which you seem to be ignoring.  If you point a gun at someone (especially the property owner) while trespassing, you are expressing intent to do harm.  The only reasonable response to that is to apply force to the threat until such time as the threat ceases to be threatening.  You do this by applying force to vital areas until the threat ceases.  This often results in the death, or at the very least, severe injury to the source of the threat.

What about the 10s of thousands of deer hunters in the southern and northern states that go deer hunting and most of them dont own there own property. So they trespass and hunt on someone elses property.

MOST deer hunters don't poach.  If they have no property of their own to hunt on, they will lease it, hunt on a friend or family member's property with permission, or hunt on State or Federal land set aside for the public to hunt on.

Do I go out and kill a deer hunter because he is  tresspassing on my property after all he has an assault rifle and he is killing defenselless animals and I can argue to the court and the law that I feared for my life because the hunter has an assault rifle. and I can say he pointed it at me and I shot him.

First of all, I sincerely doubt that he's out there hunting with a select fire rifle (an assault rifle is capable of fully automatic fire, a la the M-16, StG-44, or Sig-550).

Second, if he is trespassing on YOUR property, you have one of three choices.  You can A) confront him about it yourself, but be prepared to defend yourself if he doesn't leave peacefully, 2) Contact law enforcement and have them remove him (as you pointed out, you can get photographic evidence to present to them) or C) you can continue to let him trespass, at which point you are essentially waiving your right to the property.

Third, if he does point his weapon at you, you can morally defend yourself.  

(B)  Groover rye states the deputy shot at him at point blank range 3 times and missed  with an ar 15 thats impossible deputy odam sure hit those moving casts
 thats 20 times less smaller target size than groover rye. As a veteran of both gulf wars I can telll you that some one with down syndrome couldnt miss a target that close with 3 shots and with a ar15  lol if you believe that  you believe in Barak hussein obama

You obviously know nothing about shooting.  Not only could the deputy have missed 3 times from short range, but it's quite likely.  Police are notoriously poor shots.  Less than a week ago, there was a story of a shooting in a Federal building in Las Vegas, Nevada.  A man walked in, shot a security guard and a US marshal, killing one and wounding the other.  The other security guards and law enforcement personnel there returned fire.  After firing 81 shots, the man was hit twice.

Sure, he could hit the much smaller cats, but they weren't shooting back, and I'm betting they also weren't running.  

(D)  The deputy was invited on that property didnt know about police reports being filed 4 times before that. His 2 friends did know though and knew they shouldnt be there.

The deputy should have known better than to trespass on someone else's property and should have known better than to kill someone's pets.  His friends had no right to invite him to a place they had no business being, either.

this was a good boy that made a mistake to tresspassing and killing a deranged evil  murdering coward mans property. 

This boy wasn't all that good if he was willing to trespass on and destroy another person's property.

if he had been caught killing those cats by  law enforcement he would have been a convicted felon lost his job forever in law enforcement, couldnt vote or own a gun.

I doubt that.  He was also a member of the law enforcement fraternity.  Odds are his law enforcement buddies would have swept it under the rug.

The judges now and the liberals will be out to do away with self defense laws in south carolina  just you wait!!

No doubt they were trying before anyway.

This would have been differant if Grover Rye life had really been threatened and someone was breaking in to his  house.   and not breaking into some damn old hillbilly shack with some stray cats on it.

Grover Rye had a firearm pointed at him while he was on his own property and engaging in the legal defense of that property.  He responded to the threat of force with force.  Using racial slurs won't change that fact.

If you are going to kill someone you better get it right  because GOD is watching and violence is always the last resort when killling a person.

Grover rye should be sued for wrong ful death of Deputy Odam by his family and retried in federal court for his death.

Contrariwise, an argument could be made that Odam's family should have to pay restitution to Rye for 8 years of lawyer's fees, incarceration, and likely the loss of his property, none of which would have happened if their son had obeyed the law and not trespassed, destroyed Rye's property, and threatened Rye by pointing a firearm at him.

Then most importantly Grover Rye has  to wak the long walk when he stand before GOD  who sees into our sould and knows whats in our heart. Cant deceive HIM!   Murderers is a tough one helll will be full of them!   

And you think Odam didn't have to stand before God and answer for the fact that he trespassed on Rye's property and threatened Rye with a firearm?  Your beloved deputy is in no way innocent in this.

And since you're such a fan of the Bible, I present to you Exodus 22 verse 2:  "If a thief is found breaking in and he is struck so that he dies, there shall be no guilt for his bloodshed."
"That's what governments are for; get in a man's way." - Malcom Reynolds

"This country has come to feel the same when Congress is in session as when the baby gets hold of a hammer." - Will Rogers

Who...me?

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2010, 11:29:35 am »

Well WR obviously feels very strongly about this issue.  I wonder if he is some type of relative of the cop.  No matter, the corpse in question was in the wrong and paid for it.  Did he deserve to die for shooting cats and trespassing?  Well maybe not but Rye certainly did not deserve to put in the situation of having to defend himself and his property from someone who was abusing his authority.

If you come to my property and point a gun at me not only are you asking to get shot...you will get shot.  And then I will sue your estate for the resulting legal costs, the emotional issues that may or may not arise as well as the cost of the ammo I was forced to use and the wear and tear on my gun.

(1) Deputy Odam was a Veteran of our Military and a Deputy Sheriff who swore a oath to protect and serve the citizens of his state of SouthCarolina and his Country not Stray Cats or Pets or Animals!

An oath he broke when trespassed and threatened Rye.

(2) Deputy Odam killed the cats on his neighbors property and had he been caught doing this he would have been a convicted felon, lost his job in law enforcement forever and probaly would have done some jail time for cruelty to animals as this is illegal in South Carolina. Never would have beeen allowed to vote or own a gun again!

He was caught doing so and gave up the right to a trial by pointing a gun at Rye.

(3) Deputy odam was 22 yrs old a little imature at that age as he was a young man as we all probaly was at that age. Grover Rye was 57 years old at the time he killed Deputy odam. Grover rye had 35 years of Knowledge, wisdom, understanding and self growth on Deputy Odam.

Irrelevant...Am I supposed to ask for ID before I defend myself?

(4) Grover Rye Knew who was killing his cats from the start but didnt have the proof to give to the police and admitted it on court Tv.
(5) If grover rye who is a Regular Deer Hunter would have placed deer cameras out around those cats or a $50 dollar camera from walmart he would have had proof to give to police and Deer hunters know what Deer Cameras are they work very well!

Rye was not obligated to investigate who was doing this it was the job of the police who he apparently called and they did not care enough to find the perpetrator...oh that's right...the guy that was turned out to BE a cop.

(7) In the Eyes of our FATHER GOD ALMIGHTY no animal or pet and even all the animals on this planet is worth the life of one(1) man or woman as we are the sons and Daughters of the most High. GOD loves his animals though! but loves mankind more more as HE died for us! GOD wasnt nailed to a cross for animals!

Don't presume to speak for anyone...including God.

UMM lets see...ok this is wasting my time...

Blah blah blah...whine...cry...blah blah

Odam was a cop who by is own actions was killed by a citizen who was defending himself...Pick a better boyfriend next time.
"If you are in a fair fight, Your tactics suck"

"The kind of man who demands that government enforce his ideas is always the kind whose ideas are idiotic." - H. L. Mencken

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2010, 12:00:11 pm »

Trespassing on a mans property and killling of animals on that property is not a death sentence or the right to shoot a man down.

Yes it is.  Come to my house and find out.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Clip Johnson

« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 01:29:40 pm »

GOD loves his animals though! but loves mankind more more as HE died for us! GOD wasnt nailed to a cross for animals!

There is a reason for this - animals are truly innocent and hence are in no need of reconciliation with God.

I don't want you to think this is gang up on Wayne Roberts day, but seeing how you've already brought up so many Scriptural references, there is something I wanted to add, which is please keep in mind (and I'm sure you must already be abundantly aware of this) that each of us are not perfect and will surely make a multitude of mistakes during the course of our lifetimes. And rest assured that nary a one here thinks you are not entitled to your own opinions, whatever they may be, but we each must be very careful of quickly passing judgment on others. See Matthew 7: 1-2, "Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, and with the same measure you use, it will be measured to you." (NIV) 

And lest we not forget Matthew 6: 14,15 "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins." Pretty harsh, but if you believe in God and that the Bible is the inspired true word from Him, then it is simply summed up in black ink on white paper regarding how He truly feels about such matters.

Obviously the loss of one's life is a very, very sad and horrific thing, regardless of who may be in the wrong and who's in the right. But to assume and speculate (particularly when none of us were there at that very moment in time) about what actually took place on that day and what each party's motives may or may not have been, certainly doesn't seem to accomplish anything positive.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 01:39:23 pm by Clip Johnson »

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 01:35:31 pm »

Yes it is.  Come to my house and find out.

Or, if his is too far away from you... come to mine. Don't have any cats, but I'll be glad to demonstrate trespasser control.
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 03:38:59 pm »

Wayneroberts, This isn't about cats, or shooting cats.
It's not about god or Jesus.
It's about a man was defending his own life from someone who was crazy, armed, dangerous, and trespassing.
Police kill hundreds every year with FAR less reason and absolutely no consequences.

I suspect that the reason you are so upset is that you don't worship any Deity other than temporal power represented by LEOs.
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 04:02:21 pm »

I suspect that the reason you are so upset is that you don't worship any Deity other than temporal power represented by LEOs.

Thou shalt place no Gods before me
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Rarick

• Rarick in the Gulch-O-Dome did decree.......
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2010, 04:56:33 am »

What they said.   Trespassing in nevada is a misdemenor, but continuing to trespass when asked to leave becomes a felony, ant normally misdemenor laws you commit after being asked to leave can also be escalated to felonies.   Committing a felony in the presence of any citizen here gives you the legal ability to do a citizen's arrest him.  when arresting a felon, you are allowed to escalate your use of force as he escalates his.

Misdemenor vandalism, destruction of preperty (the pets), Misdemenor trespassing (duh), asked to leave= felony both if the trespasser fails to leave.  Trespasser points gun, felony assault deadly weapon (you do not have to fire it), brandishing and initiation of lethal force.   Bang Bang lethal force threat made by tresspassing felon intiated.  As nasty as the police here can get, you walk.  If the guy happens to be another cop, you are going to see a court, probably be acquitted and quickly.
........Duct tape is like the force, it has a light side, a darkside and holds the universe together.  It is theoretically reinforced with strings too.  (The dome has a darkside, lightside and strings of rebar for reinforcement too!)
-------------------------------------------
Most of the time news is about the same old violations of the first principles of consent and golden rule with a dash of force thrown in........ with just enough duct tape to be believable.

Lenny

« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2010, 04:41:56 pm »

Trespassing on a mans property and killling of animals on that property is not a death sentence or the right to shoot a man down...
Read Exodus 22:2-3. The Bible permits lethal force against an intruder while committing his crime, but calls it murder to track him down and kill him after the fact--i.e., after "the sun be risen upon him." It seems most reasonable to interpret this passage as authorizing you to treat the criminal during his crime as an immediate threat to your life, and therefore to respond with deadly force. Verse 3 specifically says this is not a punishment for burglary, since the punishment for burglary was double restitution, not death.

An armed man on your property killing your cats is no less a threat to your life thank a burglar carting off your stereo. You reasonably would, and scripture says you may, regard him as a mortal threat.

Lenny

« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2010, 05:27:41 pm »

You obviously know nothing about shooting.  Not only could the deputy have missed 3 times from short range, but it's quite likely.  Police are notoriously poor shots.  Less than a week ago, there was a story of a shooting in a Federal building in Las Vegas, Nevada.  A man walked in, shot a security guard and a US marshal, killing one and wounding the other.  The other security guards and law enforcement personnel there returned fire.  After firing 81 shots, the man was hit twice.

Sounds about right. It's hard to overstate what lousy shots cops are. I've taken training and fired qualifications with LEOs, and most barely pass. Many take two tries. Surprisingly many fail completely.

Sure, he could hit the much smaller cats, but they weren't shooting back, and I'm betting they also weren't running.
If he could shoot worth a darn, and he had an AR-15, he should have been able to hit a cat from 200 yards with iron sights. But the summary in the judge's ruling suggests to me that he was plinking at cats for the sadistic pleasure of it.

The dissenting judge quoted Rye saying on his 911 call, "I just called you about somebody breaking into my damn barn, shooting my cats.  Well, while I was on the phone with you, the son of a bitch come back in the yard and just pulled a gun on me and he’s deader than goddamn hell now.  I just shot the hell out of him.  He pulled a gun on me." One lesson learned is not to call 911 and confess your head off, like Rye did. That was incredibly stupid. Calling for an ambulance is one thing, and is generally mandatory if you're the one responsible for someone needing an ambulance, but you don't have to blurt out a full confession on tape.

Another deputy testified that before the shooting, Rye "stated words to the effect that he was going to get whoever was injuring the cats or he was going to try and kill them." That's extremely damning. Never state your intention to kill someone, even in jest, if you might actually be forced to kill him. It's almost as bad as confessing on 911 afterward.

The dissenting judge also quoted autopsy results, concluding, "The wound angles were such that Odom could not have been facing appellant when he was shot." That always looks really, really bad. If you're going to shoot somebody, do it in the front.

This line from the original judge's jury charge amazed me: "The defendant has raised in this case what is called the defense of self-defense.  Self-defense is a complete defense.  And if it is established, you must find the defendant not guilty.  The State had the burden of disproving self-defense by proof beyond a reasonable doubt as I have already defined that term for you." In Pennsylvania, and I thought everywhere, self-defense is an affirmative defense, meaning it begins with a confession that you killed a guy. That takes care of the state's burden, and now it's your burden to prove that the homicide was justified. If this judge didn't screw up, apparently it's not that way in South Carolina. That suggests it's pretty easy, in theory, to murder someone and get off: the prosecutor has to prove it wasn't self defense.

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2010, 06:39:27 pm »

Practice this:

"I was afraid for my life.  I'd rather not say anything more until I've spoken with an attorney."

And then DON'T say anything more.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2010, 08:31:17 am »

Welcome to the Forum John Reltney.
Could I make a couple of comments?
I don't like to see people de-humanized.
When you call someone a pig that invites the notion that they can or should be slaughtered.
There are police who are peace officers, at least, I have it from reliable sources that they exist.
The theory and practice of blood guilt is also very repugnant. Peoples families bear no guilt for the actions of an individual, ever.

Police and their bosses are really just "people with power damaged minds', to quote feralfae.
If they need 'correction' do so with out hate or malice.

Other wise, I'd say that you are dead on. So to speak.

Have you read this?
http://www.constitution.org/lrev/roots/cops.htm
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

Lenny

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2010, 08:55:27 am »

Not to mention, anyone who joins up and starts rooting for people to kill cops, most likely IS a cop. We're a non-violent bunch here; if provoking criminal acts is your game you should probably go find some skinheads or something.

If you just got carried away, take a cold shower. And welcome aboard.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up