The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2012 ~ ooh, okay... now what?  (Read 1643 times)

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
2012 ~ ooh, okay... now what?
« on: March 15, 2010, 02:38:13 pm »

Saw 2012 last night. Story line was predictable (what is with the disaster movies that always seem to have: parents that are divorced; the ex-wife's token boyfriend/husband dies; then the starring couple reunite?!). CG was pretty cool. And though some of it makes you think "there's no way that could happen," there's just enough doubt to make you think, "could that really happen?"
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

jamie

Re: 2012 ~ ooh, okay... now what?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 02:50:03 pm »

The politicians and bureaucrats saved themselves. Now that was a surprise.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
Re: 2012 ~ ooh, okay... now what?
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 03:54:20 pm »

Yes, I was floored by that  :rolleyes: So one (of the many) moral is: if the gov't tells you not to panic, you have 5 minutes to live. Another moral, of course, would be to have at least four of the five main characters with you so you don't perish...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks
Pages: [1]   Go Up