The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Aftermath: World without Oil  (Read 1795 times)

S. Jester

• Sovereign Anarchist
Aftermath: World without Oil
« on: March 09, 2010, 12:03:42 am »

Just watched the National Geographic channel show:

Aftermath: World without Oil

It showed what the effects would be in a world without oil. It tells us of the changes that would have to take place on Earth if there were no longer any oil.

A bit pie in the sky, otherwise pretty realistic.

I liked how at the start of late fall, early winter, exploding transformers made what looked like a Grandfather and Grandson decide to leave NYC. Instead of heading south like most everyone else, they headed north to Upstate NY where their family had a place. Quite frankly, I thought they should've bugged out beforehand.

I think any artificial oil produced, most of it would go toward lubrication of machines and devices. But I did like how they discussed about the need for Bio-fuels versus Food.

S.
"Humanity wouldn't so bad if it weren't for the People"   -Me

"Give me control of a nation's money and I care not who makes its laws." –Mayer Amschel Bauer Rothschild

Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor; and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst.  - Robert A. Heinlein

NuclearDruid

Re: Aftermath: World without Oil
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 09:04:28 am »

"GREAT COMEBACK FOR STOCK MARKET" - Front page, Spokane Daily Chronicle, October 22nd, 1929

"I believe it is the duty of each of us to act as if the fate of the world depended on him. Admittedly, one man by himself cannot do the job. However, one man can make a difference..." -Adm. Hyman G. Rickover

cz7

Re: Aftermath: World without Oil
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 10:58:34 pm »

with all technology likes  of nuclear and other teck -there is no shortages  but arrested development !   like coal gasification like nazi germany did but with nuclear power = 2 fixes electricity and gas etc!   
"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning." -- Henry Ford ! when a nation turns on it's own and denies it's own founding culture ,this is a sign of the death pangs of a nation --- cz7
Pages: [1]   Go Up