The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: History Channel's "After Armageddon"  (Read 1659 times)

Ex-Squid

History Channel's "After Armageddon"
« on: March 06, 2010, 06:34:54 pm »

I didn't see any posts that mention the show (used the search feature). It aired on the History Channel. Not sure if its replaying but below is the first of 9 Youtube links someone put up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlcYpgfI564

I thought it was entertaining. A good 'talking point' for someone on the fence about preparing for at least some sort of disaster. It follows a family and if I had been the guy's wife, I'd have bitch-slapped him for waiting so long to bug out.

Anyway. Not a bad bit of TV. Enjoy. Chat. Have some veal.
Jon.

"Better to have more thunder in the hand and less in the mouth."

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
Re: History Channel's "After Armageddon"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 01:59:38 pm »

DH and I watched the episodes via YouTube last night. It really hit home for us...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 05:06:21 pm »

The wife, and I, and the daughter watched it the first time it came around. I was pleased
by the conversation afterward. They had already been thinking along those lines, so when
they brought issues up, I explained what I had in mind. I have tended not to dwell on it
too much in conversation with them since the wife tends to get worked up (in a bad way)
about these things, and the daughter is just tired of the MSM 'booga booga'.

The talk we had during and after the show was very worth while.

Bear
"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 01:47:13 pm »

Yeh, it really bothered me that they waited so long to leave. I have to believe (or my brain will melt) that the producers wanted to show some stupid moves such as trying to get on the interstate ramp, going to the store weeks later thinking you'll buy some food, thinking that you'd have running water even though the electricity was out, to name a few, as a way to *educate* folks about what's it like WTSHTF.

The scene that haunts me is showing the toddler walking down the street by themselves. Ugh, my heart almost vaporized...

BEAR - I usually bring things up later with DH by saying something like, "So I was thinking about doing X, you know, like what we saw on the Y show. What do you think?" Or "I was thining about what John Doe did on that Y show, but I think doing Z would be better." I'm trying to engage his Macgyver side...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks
Pages: [1]   Go Up