The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fed Marshals violently arrest FIJA activist, violate DHS policy  (Read 3310 times)

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-26370-Libertarian-News-Examiner~y2010m5d12-Fed-Marshals-violently-arrest-FIJA-activist-violate-DHS-policy

In assaulting Donnelly the agents clearly violated Department of Homeland Security policy (pdf), which requires them to approach, identify themselves, and interview photographers on federal property to determine criminal behavior.

Absent criminal behavior, "the photography should be permitted to proceed unimpeded."

Two libertarian activists, George Donnelly and Jim Babb, had barely joined relentless freedom campaigner Julian Heicklen at the federal courthouse in Allentown, Pennsylvania, to help distribute Fully Informed Jury Association (FIJA) literature when they were confronted by US Marshals.

"Absent criminal behavior" ...  Like the crime of behaving like a free human being.

I almost went down to Allentown today, but it didn't fit in with work.  It's probably for the best - I might have behaved badly.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

iloilo

Klapton Isgod

Re: Fed Marshals violently arrest FIJA activist, violate DHS policy
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 09:39:52 pm »

Great news!

IT IS HEREBY ORDERED this 24TH day of May, 2010, that
the Order for the Hearing scheduled on Tuesday, May 25, 2010,for
the above named defendant, is hereby cancelled based on the
Governments Representation that the Complaint & Warrant will be
withdrawn.

http://libertapedia.org/w/images/7/7e/DonnellyDocument8.pdf
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

Clip Johnson

« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 10:16:48 pm »

That is great news!!

Seems strange to me, who's unfamiliar with legalese, that the statement "is hereby cancelled based on the
Governments Representation that the Complaint & Warrant will be withdrawn" seems to indicate an admission the government screwed this one up. Is there any legal recourse for Mr. Donnelly? I sure hope so!

Klapton Isgod

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 10:19:12 pm »

That is great news!!

Seems strange to me, who's unfamiliar with legalese, that the statement "is hereby cancelled based on the
Governments Representation that the Complaint & Warrant will be withdrawn" seems to indicate an admission the government screwed this one up. Is there any legal recourse for Mr. Donnelly? I sure hope so!

Well let's see...  Pigs routinely beat the living shit out of people, get caught doing so on video and watched by millions on YouTube, and their reward is a paid vacation while their buddies "investigate" them and then proclaim they followed department policy.

I'm not holding my breath.

Klapton Isgod

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 01:06:33 pm »

Some of the video and audio that the JBTs erased from George's camera was recovered.  Some of it is included in this summary of George's experience of being assaulted, kindnapped, and robbed for standing on a sidewalk with a camera.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N3YIhJyVwTs&feature=player_embedded

ZooT_aLLures

• Administrator
    • http://www.thepriceofliberty.org
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 08:41:57 pm »

Ah..............more candidates for the "shot in the dark" award
Even some cowboy and indian outlaws in the 1800's eventually stopped sleeping under buffalo skins, and came to town to entertain paying customers. For some I imagine the bruising of their ego never healed.

We all have some scar tissue that never lets us completely forget the intent of the adventure.

Bikerman

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 08:21:29 am »

I don't come to forums to be directed to other sites! My McAfee goes gray at many of these sites and I'm not up to getting anything from off the wall sites, so if you have something to say, as is usually done in a forum, say it!
Pages: [1]   Go Up