The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Where's Julian?  (Read 6681 times)

iloilo

Where's Julian?
« on: May 26, 2010, 11:20:33 pm »

Dr. Julian Heicklen Missing in New York
Please share this post through your spheres of freedom.  Thank you.

Wednesday, 26  May, 2010

Dr. Julian Heicklen, retired chemistry professor, was detained yesterday outside the U.S. District Courthouse in Manhattan. He was reportedly detained by the New York Police Department, but at this time, no one seems to know where he is.

We have been trying to contact someone at the New York Police Department to find out his status. So far, we have been unsuccessful, but we were referred to Central Booking at (212) 374-3942. The number has so far been busy when we’ve called. If you are able to get in touch with someone at this or another number, please inquire as to Julian’s current location, prisoner number, and his health and well-being.

If you have any news of him, please post it in the comments, on the FIJA forum, or e-mail us at aji(at)fija.org. We want to ensure that as a Prisoner of Conscience in a city which is the international home of the United Nations, Julian is alive, physically unharmed, and being afforded all human rights as recognized under the United States Constitution, Geneva Convention, and by Amnesty International.

ff

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Where's Julian?
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 06:33:17 am »

Any news?
I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law. I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

iloilo

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 10:08:59 am »

From another forum:
Julian Heicklen is a really dangerous old man. He -- GASP! -- hands out flyers.

Amendment VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Amendment VIII

Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.

So much for that old piece of parchment.

http://www.examiner.com/examiner/x-26370-Libertarian-News-Examiner~y2010m5d27-Updated-update-Heicklen-at-Rikers
NY: Abducted FIJA activist held at Riker’s Island
Libertarian News Examiner

“Julian Heicklen is apparently being held at Riker’s Island without bail until his scheduled court appearance on June 8th. … An officer of the Manhattan Libertarian Party known to the libertarian community as ‘Bile’ reports on his site, ‘Blog of Bile,’ that Julian Heicklen has been ‘remanded into custody under the charges of ‘Disorderly Conduct’ and ‘Resisting Arrest A Misdemeanor.”” (05/27/10)

ff
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 10:55:19 am by feralfae »

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 11:33:26 am »

It is definitely one of the nicest pieces of parchment ever penned, if only folks would read it and do what it says.

Oh well...  There's a WHOLE lot of writings that could apply to.  Somehow people end up just doing what they want anyway.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

iloilo

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 01:41:45 pm »

A fine and sleuth-inclined fellow is going to check out things a bit more, and I will, or he will, post more information here as it comes to hand.
ff

socalserf

• Blue collar knucklehead
  • Riflemen are made not born.
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2010, 04:41:38 pm »

Remanded for a couple of BS Misdemeanors?
Where is the Black Arrow when you need him?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 06:46:33 pm by socalserf »
"Freedom's the answer. What's the question?"
~Author unknown to me

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2010, 05:16:51 pm »

Remanded for a couple of BS misdiminors?
Where is the Black Arrow when you need him?

Yeah! And Julian IS in Gotham...

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law. I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

iloilo

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2010, 06:22:42 pm »

I am curious why Julian doesn't want an attorney. I'd think that would be priority number one.

Anyway, thanks for the update. I've bookmarked that site and will check back.

Basil Fishbone

• Administrator
    • http://
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 02:46:14 pm »

http://blogofbile.com/2010/06/08/julian-heicklen-is-free-home-and-his-charges-have-been-dropped/

Julian Heicklen is free, home and his charges have been dropped
Posted on June 8th, 2010 at 7:38pm by bile
Tags: arrest, FIJA, Fully Informed Jury Association, jail, Julian Heicklen, jury nullification, Rikers Island

Just got off the phone with Susan Heicklen. Julian is home. He took a bus home and was picked up.

Susan informed me that his charges were dropped.

I’ll provide updates as they come in. Susan told me he may call me later tonight or tomorrow and I would imagine he would be putting out an email when he can explaining everything.

http://jailedactivist.info/activists/julian-heicklen/

iloilo

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2010, 07:17:45 pm »

FIJA REPORTS 6/24–6/28
Report from Julian

FIJA Demonstration in Albany, NY, of June 21, 2010
   I arrived at the U. S. District Courthouse at 445 Broadway in Albany, NY at 11:40 am on Monday, June 21, 2010.  It was a hot and sunny day.  The area was very run down and quiet.  After about 10 minutes I wondered why I was wasting my time here, since there were almost no passersby.  However at 12:00 noon the action picked up.  The noontime crowd came onto the streets.  Also at noon, a local FIJA activist arrived.  He did not participate, but remained the full time to be a witness.

At 12:05 pm 3 guards from Wackenhut Security exited the building and started asking me questions, which I refused to answer.  Instead I asked them to identify themselves, which they did not do.  Moments later a police car arrived with a city policeman and two federal Protection Services police from Homeland Security.   Then what appeared to be three federal marshals appeared.  Ms. Profety, #273, from the Federal Protection Service asked more questions and informed me that I could not pass out literature in front of a federal courthouse.  I demurred and continued to pass out the American Jury Institute pamphlet entitled “A Primer for Prospective Jurors” along with my insert which reads:

THE JUDGE WILL INSTRUCT THE JURY THAT IT MUST UPHOLD THE LAW AS HE GIVES IT

HE WILL BE LYING

THE JURY MUST JUDGE THE LAW AS WELL AS THE FACTS

JURIES WERE INSTITUTED TO PROTECT THE CITIZENS
FROM GOVERNMENT TYRANNY

IT IS NOT THE DUTY OF THE JURY TO UPHOLD THE LAW

IT IS THE JURY’S DUTY TO SEE THAT JUSTICE IS DONE.

Finally another Federal Protective Service officer informed me that I was on federal property and was forbidden to distribute literature.  I responded that I knew that I was on federal property, that I was the owner of this property, and that he was working for me.

My last comment seemed to befuddle the officers.  They mulled it over for awhile deciding what to do.  Finally they all left, except for one officer who stood by the entrance about 5 feet behind me to observe events until I left.  He never approached me.

I continued to distribute about 40 pamphlets until 1:05 pm when the FIJA activist and I left.  I did not even receive a citation.

FIJA Demonstration in Hartford, CT on June 22, 2010
   I arrived at the U. S. District Courthouse, 450 Main Street, Hartford, CT at 8:30 am on Tuesday, June 22, 2010.  There were already two Federal Protective Service police cars parked immediately in front of the courthouse, which remained during my stay.  I met my companion from Albany and a couple with a camera who took pictures of the activities.  It was a mild and sunny day.

I started passing out the American Jury Institute pamphlet “ A Primer for Prospective Jurors” along with my flyer at 8:40 am.  I passed out about 50 pamphlets by 9:30 am, including one to a federal officer.  Except for him, who stood in the courthouse door, no other federal agents approached us.

Since I had only brought 50 pamphlets with me, they were all gone by 9:30 am, so we ceased operations.  I found out later that day from a Federal Protection Service officer in Springfield, MA, who had been on duty in the morning in Hartford, that I was not approached because I never was on federal property.  The sidewalk I used was city property.

FIJA Demonstration in Springfield, MA, on June 25, 2010
   I arrived a the U. S. District Courthouse, 300 State Street, Springfield, MA at 11:30 am.  It was a hot and sunny day.

A FOX NEWS cameral crew was at the courthouse filming people leaving the courthouse from another trial.  They started packing up to leave when I asked them if they wished to record another arrest.  They unpacked and set up their equipment focused on me before I started passing out literature. It was now 11:40 am, so I started passing out pamphlets from federal property.  My compatriot from Albany and Hartford arrived.  Again he did not participate, but stayed as a witness.

Immediately, I was approached by two Federal Protective Service officers who identified themselves when I asked them to do so.  They were Mr. McManus #188 and Ms. Rosnierz #156.  They were very polite, but gave me five warnings to leave federal property and move to city property over the course of the next 30 minutes.  They were very polite and non-confrontational.  I showed them my permit to be there (Amendment I of the U. S. Constitution).  They were not influenced by that.  At a subsequent warning, I told them this was federal property, that I am the owner of this property, and that they worked for me.  They were not moved by this fact.  I did not move, but they would not arrest me with FOX NEWS cameras pointed at me.

At 12:15 pm, a police car with more Federal Protective Service police arrived at the courthouse.  At 12:20 pm, FOX NEWS gave up and left.  There had not been much pedestrian traffic, and I passed out only about 15 pamphlets.

At 12:27 pm I was placed under arrest by Officer McManus.  I fell to the ground and lay perfectly motionless and silent.  The officers treated me with respect, spoke in normal and polite language.  They used no profanity in contrast to some of my other experiences.  They called Springfield Emergency Medical Service, who came, put me on a stretcher, and carried me into an ambulance.  During transport my pants were ripped unintentionally.  My witness called my wife to notify her of my arrest.  She then notified bile.

The medical exam started in the ambulance.  Since I would not talk, they ground their knuckles into my chest to inflict pain and make me talk, but I did not do so.  When we reached the hospital, I was put on a gurney and wheeled into the emergency room, where the staff worked on me.  Since I did not utter a sound or move a muscle, they ground their knuckles into me five more times.  This was quite painful.  As I write this, four days later, my chest is still discolored blue, where blood vessels were broken.  If I touch the area, I still feel pain.

One of my fingers was pinched to inflict more pain.  In addition a bullet shaped object was inserted deeply into my left nostril.  This was very painful and caused me to moan.  It was left in my nostril for some time continuing to cause pain before it was removed.  There was no medical reason for this, because I heard the staff discussing that the purpose was to cause paint to make me speak.

In addition to the torture, some legitimate medical practices were employed.  Three different insertions were mad in my arms and finger to draw blood on three occasions.  Some fluid was circulated through my body through a fourth puncture.  I was given oxygen through nose plugs.  At some point ammonia was added, which causes severe irritation.  It was quickly discontinued.

My blood pressure was taken repeatedly.  Also my temperature was taken.  Both were normal.

At about 3:00 pm Officer McManus, who made the arrest, said that he had arranged for me to be released, if I signed some notices.  If not I would have to see a magistrate and be held overnight, so I would miss my appointment in Concord, NH. (They knew my whole itinerary, since they regularly intercept my E-mails.)  Since I was about to be released, I talked and agreed to the terms.  It was very thoughtful for Officer McManus to have made this arrangement for me.

One of the nurses gave me hell for being so inconsiderate in my behavior when there were other really sick people who needed the medical attention.  I thought that this was not the time, place, or person to discuss the finer details of constitutional law, so I took the abuse like a wimp without responding.

After the hospital discharged me, Officer McManus and I left the hospital at about 3:15 pm.  He handcuffed me in front for our drive back to the courthouse. He apologized for this, but said that it was a regulation.  Since he was the only officer in the car, this was a reasonable precaution.  At the courthouse, I was uncuffed. Officer McManus filled out the discharge papers, and took my photo.  I signed the discharge papers, which were two citations. The two citations were for distributing literature on federal property [41 CFR 102–74.415(c)] and failure to comply with directions of a LEO [41 CFR 102–74.385].  All of my property, including the pamphlets, was returned, and I was released at about 4:00 pm.

The Federal Protective Service officers were polite, readily identified themselves, never used profanity, and were gentle and considerate of me.  They were models of what I would expect and hope for police personal.  If I did not answer a question, they did not press the issue. McManus asked for my social security number, which I would not provide, so he dropped the matter.  Their only flaw was the failure to advise me of my Fifth Amendment right to remain silent.  In this particular case, I knew what that was and used it.

FIJA Demobstration in Concord, NH, of June 23, 2010
   I arrived at the U. S. District Courthouse at 55 Pleasant Street, Concord, NH at 11:30 am on Wednesday, June 23, 2010.  It was a warm and sunny day.  FIJA activists started appearing with cameras, video cameras, and The Free Keane Press newspaper.  Among the activists was my buddy from Albany, Hartford, and Springfield.  The picture taking and interviews started immediately.

I started passing pamphlets at 11:45 am.  I was on city property in front of the courthouse.  The Federal Protective Service never appeared.  There were not many passersby, so I only distributed 10 or 15 pamphlets.  However FIJA supporters kept showing up.  There were 27 of us doing interviews and comparing activities.  One man appeared dressed in a judge’s robe and wig and was carrying the scales of justice.

My chest was discolored and ached from the previous day’s pounding.  It was a popular object for picture taking.  We quit at about 1:05 pm.  A few of us had lunch across the street at a pizza parlor.  Then I left for Boston.

FIJA Demonstration in Boston, MA, of June 24, 2010
   I arrived at the U. S. District Courthouse at 1 Courthouse Way,  Boston, MA, at 11:43 am on Thursday, June 24, 2010.  It was a hot (88F), sunny, and windy day.  When I arrived there were 3 police personnel at both entrances of the building.

At the front of the courthouse, the federal property was just a 3-foot wide sidewalk.  I decided not to stand on federal property for several reasons:

I would have been arrested immediately
There was almost no pedestrian traffic on the sidewalk
I had made arrangements to be at the Porcupine Festival (PorcFest) in Lancaster, NH, later in the day and did not want to get arrested.
There was no-one with me to be a witness or to notify my wife, if arrested.

Furthermore, the courthouse bordered on the Charles River.  Over the river was a foot bridge with its exit immediately in front of one of the courthouse entrances.  There was considerable pedestrian traffic on this bridge.  I stood at the exit and distributed about 50 American Jury Institute pamphlets entitled “A Primer for Prospective Jurors” and my flyer.

As time went on, the wind got stronger and stronger, so it was difficult to hold my JURY INFO sign.  Also it was 88F.  A thunder storm was predicted for 2:00 pm, but it looked like it would appear earlier.  I left at 12:55 pm, 20 minutes earlier than the scheduled time to quit.  I did not want to get soaked by the rain.  Also it was hot and my hand was beginning to hurt from holding the sign in the wind.  Excuses, excuses, excuses!  It is difficult to get reliable help these days.

Porcupine Festival in Lancaster, NH, of June 24–25, 2010
   I arrived at the Rogers Motel and Campground in the White Mountains of New Hampshire in Lancaster, NH at 6:00 pm on Thursday, June 24, 2010.  The scenery and weather were wonderful.  As I entered, I was met by “bile” who acted as my chaperone throughout my visit.  After checking in, we had gyros and baklava for dinner.

Then we went to the opening ceremonies, which were chaired by the festival organizer, Carla Gericke.  After the other staff were introduced and thanked, we heard a lecture by Stefan Molyneux.  His topic was government control of the population with the use of language.  Examples were “Social Security,” “Military Intelligence,” and “Public Safety.”  How could anyone be against those things?  Unless you analyzed what they really were!

Social Security is a program where part of your salary is taken from you to spend on various government programs.  Then more money is stolen from the next generation to pay you back, after being taxed, and spend what is left of that  generation’s money on more government programs.  This was the greatest Ponzi scheme ever invented until universal medical care.  Sooner of later, it is bound to collapse.

Military Intelligence is a program to send young adult Americans to Afghanistan to be killed by the Taliban, so that the Taliban will not have to come to the United States to do the killing.

Public Safety means putting potentially dangerous people (owners and sellers of plants, vegetables, and flowers), gamblers, ticket scalpers, fortune tellers, loiterers, prostitutes, pamphleteers and photographers on federal property, in prison before they commit real crimes.

After this talk, bile and I attended the Awards Ceremony, where Handcuff Medals were given to anyone arrested for freedom activities.  This included bile and myself.  I also had the honor of accepting the award for George Donnelly, who had been arrested at a FIJA distribution in Allentown, PA on May 11, 2010. but was not present at the Awards Ceremony.

Then bile and I attended the live Radio Free Talk broadcast, where both of us were interviewed separately, in addition to many others.  I went to bed after this.  Bile was on his own. 

On Friday morning, June 25, 2010, at 10:00 am, I had a video interview with CopBlock.org.  At 12:00 noon, Bob Constantin, Rich Angell, Ofer Nave, and I hosted a forum on FIJA activities to explain the purpose of FIJA and the where and how to distribute pamphlets.  We each gave brief opening statements and then answered questions from the floor.

After this I spent some time talking with other activists at the campsite.  It was a very friendly and informal group of people.  I had my picture taken with many of the participants.  Thirty eight new Tyranny Fighters were added to my E-mail list.   At about 3:00 pm, I left for the long ride home.

Yours in freedom—Julian

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2010, 07:54:25 pm »

Thank you for posting this, feralfae. And thanks to Julian for his amazing energy and enthusiasm. I thought of him on Monday, but was too much involved in the work I was doing to make the hour drive to Albany.
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

Klapton Isgod

• Long-Haired, Over-Fed, Leaping Gnome
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2010, 08:21:57 pm »

Yes, thank you, and THANK JULIAN!

I had hoped to go to the "taking photos is not a crime" demonstration in Allentown, PA in support of Julian and George Donnelly, but ended up having a meeting at work that nixed the plan.

The world just doesn't seem to know what to do with someone who actually means and does what they say and believe.
"I got things under control, that's why people call me an extremist.  I'm autonomous.  I understand that I declare my independence every day."  Ted Nugent

"It is the conservative laissez- fairist, the man who puts all the guns and all the decision-making power into the hands of the central government and then says, 'Limit yourself'; it is he who is truly the impractical utopian."  Murray Rothbard

iloilo

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2010, 09:43:08 pm »

Who was it who said, "To know and not to act is not to know?"

I do not recall, but have had that quote taped in my agenda, along with a few other oldies but goodies, since I was a youngster.  Too true.

ff

Basil Fishbone

• Administrator
    • http://
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2010, 02:30:43 am »

"It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless
 minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds."    — Samuel Adams

Kudos to Julian and his supporters.

Basil
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up