The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Officer to army: "See you in court"!  (Read 2026 times)

mouse

Officer to army: "See you in court"!
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:36:29 am »

The old "Obama is not eligible" argument again.  If it was as unimportant as has been claimed by some, it would be simple to make it go away, but nobody is even trying.

I could be tempted to think "no government would make a stupid mistake like this and leave things open to so much speculation" but then this government - like all others - has done some very stupid things during the past 100 years, so ......

And " .... allows Congress alone ..." but what do you do if Congress ignores the issue?

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=165093

An Army officer who invited his own court-martial to resolve for the nation questions about Barack Obama's eligibility to be president has waived a preliminary hearing in his case.

Lt. Col. Terrence Lakin, who refused orders from a chain of command led by Obama, also today released a new video explaining why documentation needs to be released by Obama that could confirm that he qualifies to be president under the Constitution's demand that the office by held only by a "natural born citizen."

Lakin was scheduled for an Article 32 military hearing tomorrow, the equivalent of a civilian preliminary hearing in a court case. But Daniel J. Driscoll, an Army hearing officer, had banned Lakin from bringing in evidence about Obama's birth as well as testimony from Hawaii officials who may have information on the subject.

"In my view our constitutional jurisprudence allows Congress alone, and not a military judicial body, to put the president's credentials on trial," Driscoll wrote in a memorandum determining what evidence the defense for Lakin would have been allowed.

snip

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
  • Non aggression, self ownership
    • The Price of Liberty
Re: Officer to army: "See you in court"!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:39:45 am »

I keep asking this question, and nobody ever answers it. Would Obama somehow be a better man or a better president if he had this "birth certificate" to please everyone? How does a piece of paper make any stinking difference when the man himself is a monster? I don't CARE where he was born or any of the rest of it.

You shoot a rabid dog, whether he has "papers" or not.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:53:10 am by MamaLiberty »
The lust to control the lives and property of others is the root of all evil.

hangman

• Senator, +Lampost, +Rope. Some assembly required
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 08:37:38 am »

Video of Obama stating that he was born in Kenya. WHY is this man still in office. He is not a Natural Born Citizen of the US as per his own words and actions...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwhKuunp8D8&feature=player_embedded
Live Free Or Die: Death is not the worst of evils.

"Resist much, obey little." ~ Walt Whitman

If guns are outlawed, only the government will have guns. Only the police, the secret police, the military, the hired servants of our rulers. Only the government ó and a few outlaws. I intend to be among the outlaws. ó EDWARD ABBEY

Leonidas the Younger

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 09:33:32 am »

I keep asking this question, and nobody ever answers it.

Some people recognize the Constitution as the highest law in the land, and indeed, by calling him President you at least acknowledge the system which makes him the President, even though you disagree with it.
-- It may soon be time to say: "I plead the second."; are you ready?
-- What have you *DONE* for freedom today?
-- Collectives may exist under individualism, but individuals are not suffered to exist under collectivism.
-- I don't beg anyone for my freedom any more.  It isn't theirs to give me.  It's mine to take and to live. - Lightning.
-- Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead. - Aristotle

mouse

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 09:34:38 am »

I keep asking this question, and nobody ever answers it. Would Obama somehow be a better man or a better president if he had this "birth certificate" to please everyone? How does a piece of paper make any stinking difference when the man himself is a monster? I don't CARE where he was born or any of the rest of it.

I certainly see your point ML.  However, rules are rules, so if the constitution says that the president must be a natural born US citizen then sobeit.  I get the impression that the PTB are so desperate to have an "African-American" in the Whitehouse that they pretend that eligibility does not matter.

So would it be OK for Arnold schwarzenegger to stand for the presidency?  How would you feel if Tony Blair went over there and campaigned for the presidency for himself?  Then you could have a mexican illegal immigrant (I think I know how people would react to that one)?

This just might be a way of getting rid of Obama with no blood spilled.  And it goes back again to the fact that I don't like to see people being made fools of, with things like believing the PTB's version of what happened on 9.11, and "Obama is honest and above-board and has disclosed all the details of his past".  People would have to be utter fools not to have "smelled a rat" with the fact that ANY record or document relating to Obama's past life is totally unobtainable, the American people are not fools, so why should they be treated as if they are?

However, what raises suspicion in my mind is the fact that it is not only birth records that Obama refuses to produce, but there is a giant question mark hanging over where the money came from.  We all know that it takes millions to campaign for the American presidency.  Obama's family did not appear to have been very wealthy, yet he travelled extensively as a young man, attended the best schools and universities and does not appear to have worked for anything.

Where did the money come from?

Red flags?  Lots of red flags?

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2010, 09:47:43 am »

So would it be OK for Arnold schwarzenegger to stand for the presidency?  How would you feel if Tony Blair went over there and campaigned for the presidency for himself?  Then you could have a mexican illegal immigrant (I think I know how people would react to that one)?

No difference as far as I'm concerned. I don't want ANY "president," from anywhere, any color or flavor. NONE.  The race or origin of a person has little or nothing to do with his/her character.

the American people are not fools, so why should they be treated as if they are?

They're not? Then why would they vote for fools - thousands and thousands of foolish tyrants across the country who are feverishly destroying the economy and society? I'm sorry, but I think the vast majority of Americans are fools, or worse.

Where did the money come from?

Obviously, from those who wished to use that fool for their own purposes. If they thought a "birth certificate" was going to be a real problem to them, they would have manufactured one to start with.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 10:04:42 am by MamaLiberty »

Scarmiglione'

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2010, 10:22:39 am »

I've never understood why geography was a requirement to be the head scumbag in this country anyway.  I mean, does the relative position of the earth under your Mama's bum when she squirted you out somehow change the relative ability of scumbagginess you can achieve?  If it does, then I guess it makes sense, but I've not seen any science validating this idea.

Now, I understand that in a government defined by geography, some ties to geography might be appropriate (which is a question in and of itself.  Land does not really unite people.  Ideals do.  Why not countries of common ideals instead of common geography?).  But I really don't think it has much bearing on the capabilities of a human to use and oppress other humans.

To that end, using the system to oust this scumbag only validates the system that will replace him with a 'geographically correct' scumbag.  Yay.  Now you're stuck with another scumbag, but one you can't actually get rid of within the system.  The cunning plan is not so cunning.

Invalidate the system, and you get rid of the current scumbag *and* prevent another scumbag from occupying the same morality hole.
We've built a world safe for fools, and are overrun by them.

Bear

• Curious Bear
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2010, 11:22:18 am »

It would not make him a better man, but it would be a handy way to get him out of office
if he isn't.

It also means that everything he has signed as president is null and void.

Bear
"There is no good idea so perfect, so pure,
that Government can't do it badly."
-- Bear

MamaLiberty

• Administrator
    • The Price of Liberty
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2010, 11:29:19 am »

It would not make him a better man, but it would be a handy way to get him out of office
if he isn't.

It also means that everything he has signed as president is null and void.

For whatever that would be worth... in the short time it took to "elect" another monster who will sign similar stuff.

scarmig said:
To that end, using the system to oust this scumbag only validates the system that will replace him with a 'geographically correct' scumbag.  Yay.  Now you're stuck with another scumbag, but one you can't actually get rid of within the system.  The cunning plan is not so cunning.

Invalidate the system, and you get rid of the current scumbag *and* prevent another scumbag from occupying the same morality hole.

Exactly.

Jarel

• restackthedeck.wordpress.com
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2010, 01:34:29 pm »

I've thought it interesting that some nonstatists can be so well-versed in various philosophies and so obtuse at the same time; we all know that the reason for a natural-born President is one of loyalty, geographical loyalty being somewhat of an indicator of ideological loyalty, at least historically. Whether that necessarily bears out as a valid one is on a case by case basis. Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton were not born here but I would not have voted that the latter move into the White House, not even on a bet. Similarly, Arlen Specter WAS born here, but given his bona fides I would rather have Roger Rabbit in the Oval Office. The question for me in this context is: do I want the existing government, as out of control as it already is, as treasonous to its own binding legal structure as it is, to now send its Justice Dept into the Federal court system to tell that court that the question of eligibility by citizenship is NONE OF THE COURT'S BUSINESS, that the court has no authority? That's what happened when the DoJ went into court and argued jurisdictional authority, saying that Congress had already decided the question and that even, ahem, the EXECUTIVE branch had more authority to decide the question than the court (??!!). Which effectively killed the ability of the court system to have any binding effect on the arguing parties if one is the Power Elite, a requirement even in an essentially gov-less world. Also, the DoJ answered the question of eligibility in so doing, otherwise their argument would have been radically different and much simpler, i.e. one truly valid document chain showing his citizenship to be real, which of course they refused to do. So the big thing for me is this: the government we had, or thought we had, has just been OPENLY taken into custody by the likes of Kissinger and Paul Wolfowitz, and as illegimate as it was, it just got way worse, and the people in the geographical space 'governed' by it have all been told to fuck off by those 'in charge'. This is not a step in the direction of real human evolution but a step back to feudalistic, royalistic tyranny, and to me it's a very important one in its implications, and the , um, minarchist idealism of some does not negate that fact in any way, especially since we've just stepped even further away from that admittedly high ideal than we even were before.

All of which tells me that Blueghost is right: It's later than we think..............much later.
"Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in the cage?" Pink Floyd

"and if you don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long-haired country boy alone"--Charlie Daniels

"perfectio propter imperfectionem." -- 'perfection requires imperfection.'

Carpe Libertatem

jamie

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2010, 03:43:52 pm »

I've thought it interesting that some nonstatists can be so well-versed in various philosophies and so obtuse at the same time; we all know that the reason for a natural-born President is one of loyalty, geographical loyalty being somewhat of an indicator of ideological loyalty, at least historically. Whether that necessarily bears out as a valid one is on a case by case basis. Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton were not born here but I would not have voted that the latter move into the White House, not even on a bet. Similarly, Arlen Specter WAS born here, but given his bona fides I would rather have Roger Rabbit in the Oval Office. The question for me in this context is: do I want the existing government, as out of control as it already is, as treasonous to its own binding legal structure as it is, to now send its Justice Dept into the Federal court system to tell that court that the question of eligibility by citizenship is NONE OF THE COURT'S BUSINESS, that the court has no authority? That's what happened when the DoJ went into court and argued jurisdictional authority, saying that Congress had already decided the question and that even, ahem, the EXECUTIVE branch had more authority to decide the question than the court (??!!). Which effectively killed the ability of the court system to have any binding effect on the arguing parties if one is the Power Elite, a requirement even in an essentially gov-less world. Also, the DoJ answered the question of eligibility in so doing, otherwise their argument would have been radically different and much simpler, i.e. one truly valid document chain showing his citizenship to be real, which of course they refused to do. So the big thing for me is this: the government we had, or thought we had, has just been OPENLY taken into custody by the likes of Kissinger and Paul Wolfowitz, and as illegimate as it was, it just got way worse, and the people in the geographical space 'governed' by it have all been told to fuck off by those 'in charge'. This is not a step in the direction of real human evolution but a step back to feudalistic, royalistic tyranny, and to me it's a very important one in its implications, and the , um, minarchist idealism of some does not negate that fact in any way, especially since we've just stepped even further away from that admittedly high ideal than we even were before.

All of which tells me that Blueghost is right: It's later than we think..............much later.

use paragraphs for #$%^%$ sake.

ubik380

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 03:59:52 pm »

Regardless of my own opinion of the legitimacy of the government, many other people apparently believe that it has legitimate powers based on the "constitutional contract". If this is the case, then a violation of that contract should effect the legitimacy of the government operating under that contract. So, if a violation can be proved, the people that believe in this "contract" might be convinced that the president has no authority as a result of this violation.

Unfortunately my experience is that these "believers", when confronted with this dilemma, are so terrified of the consequences (i.e. invalid government and laws signed by the president, etc) that they grasp at denial or rationalization to explain why this is either impossible, false or doesn't matter anyway (and anyway, "birthers" are either racist or insane).

BTW, Jarel: "Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton were not born here but I..." Hamilton, yes but I'm pretty sure Jefferson was born in "America". Otherwise he couldn't have been elected president, right? Of course, his only official "birth certificate" probably consisted of a notation in the family bible, so who knows?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:16:49 pm by ubik380 »
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
                                                              -  Albert Einstein

Leonidas the Younger

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 04:13:41 pm »

(and anyway, "birthers" are either racist or insane)

What an amazing command of rhetoric you have. Such persuasive powers of argumentation and a keen grasp of logic, too.
-- It may soon be time to say: "I plead the second."; are you ready?
-- What have you *DONE* for freedom today?
-- Collectives may exist under individualism, but individuals are not suffered to exist under collectivism.
-- I don't beg anyone for my freedom any more.  It isn't theirs to give me.  It's mine to take and to live. - Lightning.
-- Educated men are as much superior to uneducated men as the living are to the dead. - Aristotle

ubik380

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 04:19:36 pm »

"Quote
(and anyway, "birthers" are either racist or insane)
What an amazing command of rhetoric you have. Such persuasive powers of argumentation and a keen grasp of logic, too."

Sorry for the misunderstanding, LtY. I was only voicing an opinion that some "constitutional contract believers" have expressed and is promoted by the MSM.

Except for the unpleasant side-effects, I consider the birth certificate issue to be great entertainment.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:26:13 pm by ubik380 »
Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth.
                                                              -  Albert Einstein

Jarel

• restackthedeck.wordpress.com
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »

BTW, Jarel: "Thomas Jefferson and Alexander Hamilton were not born here but I..." Hamilton, yes but I'm pretty sure Jefferson was born in "America". Otherwise he couldn't have been elected president, right? Of course, his only official "birth certificate" probably consisted of a notation in the family bible, so who knows?
Nope you're right, Jefferson was born in VA. But there was a kind of grandfather clause in the natural born deal.
Excerpted from Wikipedia:
The grandfather provision of the "natural born Citizen" clause provides an exception to the "natural born" requirement for those persons who were citizens at the time of the adoption of the Constitution. The term Natural Born Citizen had been used as early as 1777 in a letter from Thomas Jefferson[1], in his role as correspondent for a committee of the Continental Congress, to American ambassadors in Europe.

Sorry, Jamie; I do wax on.  :occasion14:
"Did you exchange a walk-on part in the war for a lead role in the cage?" Pink Floyd

"and if you don't like the way I'm livin', ya just leave this long-haired country boy alone"--Charlie Daniels

"perfectio propter imperfectionem." -- 'perfection requires imperfection.'

Carpe Libertatem
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up