The Mental Militia Forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: "The Event"  (Read 3743 times)

LaughingBear

"The Event"
« on: September 19, 2010, 07:56:03 pm »

Have any of you folks who watch TV seen a teaser for a new show called "The Event?"

From the bits I've seen, it's about something along the lines of 9/11? 

I've seen the teaser several times and after thinking about it for some time, it occurred to me, what better way to stem the seemingly growing number of people who are waking up to the truth about 9/11, than to make a TV show along the same lines, and dilute any consensus that may be congealing in the minds of folks by injecting hollyweird into it.

Perfect opportunity...

"Man you've been watching too much TV!"
"The most dangerous man to any government is the man who is able to think things out for himself, without regard to the prevailing superstitions and taboos. Almost inevitably he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable, and so, if he is romantic, he tries to change it. And even if he is not romantic personally he is very apt to spread discontent among those who are."

H. L. Menken

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
Re: "The Event"
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 02:18:41 pm »

We saw the pilot. We didn't see any 9/11 connection per se (just a reference to detaining folks). Don't know if we'll continue to watch it though...
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

ff42

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2010, 10:15:27 pm »

A plane is a mile away from a directed crash into the ground yet the lawn furniture in the plane's path is blown all over the place?  Do the producers think we are stupid ... Oh, never mind.   :rolleyes:

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2010, 02:17:48 am »

I took the strange wind and ground-shaking as side-effects of whatever disappeared the plane.

Definitely NOT 9/11. Something far more supernatural, or at least hyper-technological ("indistinguishable from magic").
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

"Separation of Earth and state!" -- Bill St. Clair

azcoyote

• Tom Paine wannabe
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 04:36:51 am »

I watched the pilot. Maybe I listen to Coast to Coast too much, but I get the feeling that it is more UFO oriented than anything related to 9/11. Plus the scientists being imprisoned in Alaska points to the HAARP project.

Missed episode 2 as had to work, but can watch the rerun on my cable. I'll give it a few episodes to see if it lives up to their hype as being a replacement for "Lost", which I really liked.

Coyote
Always keep your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. Robert A. Heinlein

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 08:52:20 am »

Episode 2: extraterrestrials among us
"The state can only survive as long as a majority is programmed to believe that theft isn't wrong if it's called taxation or asset forfeiture or eminent domain, that assault and kidnapping isn't wrong if it's called arrest, that mass murder isn't wrong if it's called war." -- Bill St. Clair

F42

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 09:10:44 am »

It is a JJ Abrams show right?

Think LOST.
People who think they know everything, are particularly annoying to those of us that do.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 10:19:14 am »

Think LOST.

I don't see his name in the credits:

Executive producers: Evan Katz, Steve Stark and Jeffrey Reiner
Creator: Nick Wauters
Director: Jeffrey Reiner (pilot/series) and various
Co-executive producers: Nick Wauters, Jim Wong, Dan Dworkin, Jay Beattie, David Goodman and David Schulner
Producers: Jim Chory (pilot); Steve Sassen (series)
Consulting producer: Lisa Zwerling

F42

« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2010, 11:41:54 am »

Think LOST.

I don't see his name in the credits:

Executive producers: Evan Katz, Steve Stark and Jeffrey Reiner
Creator: Nick Wauters
Director: Jeffrey Reiner (pilot/series) and various
Co-executive producers: Nick Wauters, Jim Wong, Dan Dworkin, Jay Beattie, David Goodman and David Schulner
Producers: Jim Chory (pilot); Steve Sassen (series)
Consulting producer: Lisa Zwerling

I didn't check before I posted knowing someone else would. ^_^

JJ does have a few shows on this season, so I was guessing.

People who think they know everything, are particularly annoying to those of us that do.

Moonbeam

• Faith Hope Love
  • I am blessed!
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2010, 12:22:04 pm »

JJ Abrams projects: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0009190/. We really like FRINGE.

We lost interest in The Event halfway through the second episode.
I'm not where I want to be, but I'm better than where I was!

Freedom is not being able to do what you want to do; freedom is being able to NOT do what you don't want to do.

"We must not amuse ourselves with the notion that we have done something when we have only formed a good resolution. Power comes by doing and not by resolving." Charlotte Mason

"Don't hurt people and don't take their stuff." Courtesy of FreedomWorks

F42

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 01:35:13 pm »

We likes FRINGE also.

Really liked LOST until the writers strike where JJ stopped writing. After that it had it's up's and downs.

azcoyote

• Tom Paine wannabe
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2010, 12:48:53 am »

Yep, ETs. Though they still could be time travellers. I'm intrigued enough to stay with it.

LOST had it's down seasons but I am still trying to process the whole last season. Need to watch it again on netflix maybe.

Hate to admit I haven't seen FRINGE, Should probably catch up with that on Netflix too. Since I work nights, if the show isn't on Cox cable's On Demand, I've missed it. Happened with last 2 seasons of 24, which was getting kind of old anyway.

Coyote
Always keep your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark. Robert A. Heinlein

canadian

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2010, 10:08:02 am »

Episode 2: extraterrestrials among us

/groan Another perfectly serviceable conspiracy plotline ruined by David Icke and his 12 foot lizard men from Nibiru.  :rolleyes:
Istum enim est bellum quibus necessarium, et pia arma ubi nulla nisi armis spes est.

Bill St. Clair

• Techie
    • End the War on Freedom
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 11:02:11 am »

Hate to admit I haven't seen FRINGE, Should probably catch up with that on Netflix too. Since I work nights, if the show isn't on Cox cable's On Demand, I've missed it. Happened with last 2 seasons of 24, which was getting kind of old anyway.

Fringe remains interesting. I watch most of my TV on Hulu, some of it in the late night when I'm unable to sleep, looking at the small, but very bright and crisp screen on my iPhone.

F42

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 11:29:33 am »

Fringe remains interesting. I watch most of my TV on Hulu, some of it in the late night when I'm unable to sleep, looking at the small, but very bright and crisp screen on my iPhone.

Dang Bill I thought watching hulu on my computer screen was watching small. We don't have nothing here but OTA TV and even that is spotty now, so Fox sometimes doesn't come in all the time.

TV isn't very big in this house, stopped renting movies even. Reading has always been #1.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up